Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

Just watched Treehouse playing Fire Emblem Fates and it looks great. Gameplay is much faster and the music is as kickass as ever.

Not pleased about it being released overseas as two separate games though. I was hoping they would release it in one bundie since Fire Emblem is pretty niche here.

I'm not seeing whatever's in that post due to the server claiming to have closed the connetion.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed somehow.

A part of me dies whenever I hear that woman click away dialogue boxes off screen.

Also

OKAY SO DUB VOICES

I swear the red armor guy with the giant spiky brown hair sounded very familiar. I'm kinda hoping it's Liam O' Brien but it sounds more like Travis Willingham. IDK, what do you guys think?

Soon as I heard Kamui (Corrin seemingly in the localization) I thought Yuri Lowenthal.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Soon as I heard Kamui (Corrin seemingly in the localization) I thought Yuri Lowenthal.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I think Corrin is just a name they made up for the Treehouse.

But it might be.

It's DEFINETLY NOT Lowenthal.

Leo(n) sounds a LITTLE like Lowenthal though.

Elise sounds like Laura Bailey.

I don't know who's voicing Xander (Marx), but I love his voice.

"Now, once and for all!"

OKAY SO DUB VOICES

I swear the red armor guy with the giant spiky brown hair sounded very familiar. I'm kinda hoping it's Liam O' Brien but it sounds more like Travis Willingham. IDK, what do you guys think?

Ryo(u)ma?

I'm not sure... Doesn't sound like them to me... Though the gruff voice makes it hard to discern.

• Thumbs Up 1

11425567_840990009289298_365511572985187

CHILDREN AND MARRIAGE

GET UR AWAKENING BOOTS ON

Title - "Marriage", and "Children" appear

Top Left - Characters get married when they reach S-level support! Their children can join your ranks. To a certain extent pairings are limited, but let's meet the protagonist's child Kanna, and other children.

Right - Kamui and Felicia reach the maximum S rank support. A stylish CG is shown and their child Kanna is born. Her hair is the same colour as Felicia's.

Bottom Left - Tsukuyomi and Orochi get married. They have a child as well. Their daughter Shara, who inherited Orochi's purple hair looks almost exactly like... (Tharja)

Kanna talks about a "different world", I personally think they're from Outrealm.

General consensus on Serenes is "Children = Good, Timetravel = Bad"

Also apparantly Kamui is going to be called Corrin as default.

Not as catchy as "Robin" or "Chris". Prolly gonna rename to Kamui again.

Edited by Ice Prince Jin
  • Thumbs Up 3

now all we need are h-scenes and FE will fully become anime

That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see the other pairings and children.

Corrin in the house

name is meeeeeeeeh. Good thing you can change the default name. 

Also fuck yeah marriages. But tbh any of the character´sdesign has been of my liking atm

Oh boy, more waifu bullshit. Great. Just when I was actually starting to genuinely look forward to this game as well

Oh boy, more waifu bullshit. Great. Just when I was actually starting to genuinely look forward to this game as well

oh no

you can get married in this game

DROPPED

R

O

P

P

E

D

Seriously it isn't that big a deal. I don't think marriage is required in this game since time travel isn't part of the plot. And even then just skip the romance cutscenes if it's that horrible.

• Thumbs Up 2

Typing as I watch:

I never want to see Garon smile again.

Looks like we can confirm that "Nosferatu" are called "Faceless".

FELICIA TO THE RESCUE <333333

Joker is called Jacob now?
Ehh... Joker was cooler but Jacob is fine.

Looks like the other maid is called Flora.

Corrin's sword is called Yato.

Cyrus is called Silas..? Why?

Harold is called Arthur.

Elfie is called Effie.

Confirmation of the new pair up mechanic:

Side by side = Ally will Dual Attack
Paired up = Ally will Dual Guard

Corrin can marry Felicia, we were already made aware of this earlier today.

Corrin can marry Effie.

Arthur can marry Felicia.

Arthur can marry Effie.
Silas can marry Elise.

Both games have 28 CHAPTERS EACH, that's more than DOUBLE THE SIZE OF AWAKENING.

Oh boy, more optional waifu bullshit. Great. Just when I was actually starting to genuinely look forward to this game as well

fixed that for you

• Thumbs Up 1

Is Felicia Corrin's blood sibling?

Felicia is Corrin's maid.

Corrin's blood siblings are:

-Ryoma = Older brother

-Hinoka = Older sister

-Takumi = Little brother

-Sakura = Little sister

-Mikoto = Mother

-Unnamed father = Father, killed by Nohrians

Edited by Ice Prince Jin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Corrin is a strange name, much prefer Kamui in this case. Some of the other name changes are weird too like Harold to Arthur and Elfie to Effie. Eh, I'll get used to them eventually especially as someone who doesn't follow the news on FE Fates that much.

Felicia is Corrin's maid.

Corrin's blood siblings are:

-Ryoma = Older brother

-Hinoka = Older sister

-Takumi = Little brother

-Sakura = Little sister

-Mikoto = Mother

-Unnamed father = Father, killed by Nohrians

Meaning Camilla is a-okay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That being said, only acceptable waifus are Rinkah, Camilla, Aqua and Felicia.

Corrin is a strange name, much prefer Kamui in this case. Some of the other name changes are weird too like Harold to Arthur and Elfie to Effie. Eh, I'll get used to them eventually especially as someone who doesn't follow the news on FE Fates that much.

I'm strangely getting used to "Corrin" the more I use it.

I'll probably do one run as Kamui, one as Corrin and my final one as my usual Yuki.

FE's name changes are... Confusing. Both name sets are just fine but... Eh?

We'll get used to it.

Meaning Camilla is a-okay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

Denied

That being said, only acceptable waifus are Rinkah, Camilla, Aqua and Felicia.

Correct. Though outside of Corrin's POV, I'd like to also add Hinoka and FemCorrin to that. and maybe luna

As for husbando's: Leo, Jacob, Xander, Odin

ESPECIALLY Leo

Edited by Ice Prince Jin

Children in this game basically confirms that, like in Awakening, there are going to be way more supports than in other games, and as such the overall quality of them is going to decrease. It means that, as a result, 90% of the characters are just going to be written with "LOL QUIRKY XD" character traits to give weebs lots of options for their waifus. It means that, once again, 90% of any FE discussion anywhere is going to be people discussing their waifus with basically no gameplay discussion at all, save for the occasional eugenics discussion. Not only that, but they're going to end up having to come up with some dumb excuse for the children to appear like they did in Awakening, and that is going to shit up the rest of the main storyline. Either that, or they're going to be randomly thrown in with some half-assed explanation and then be compeltely irrelevant to the story, which is hardly much better. Especially if the "alternate dimension" rumours end up being true, that is literally the most lazy explanation they could possibly give, and it's still preferable to some time-skip or whatever

No, the quality of the main story's writing isn't inherently lined to the quality of the support scenes, but more likely than not this legitimately is going to negatively affect the quality of the rest of the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay so I made a mistake.

Joker is called Jakob, not Jacob.

Children in this game basically confirms that

I stopped caring here. It doesn't confirm shit.

Come back with your argument after we've actually seen support conversations and the way children will be handled, then I'll hear you out.

And if you're afraid people are going to be talking constantly about waifu's I think it's time for you to jump out the fanbase yesterday, because Awakening already kickstarted that.

I don't at all mind the idea of marriage coming back, but it's S-supports and children that bug me. It creates incentive to grind relationships out to get all the characters, and S-tier only being possible for units of the opposite sex drastically limits how you approach the game. I'd rather they let that be Awakening's thing than make it a staple.

I stopped caring here. It doesn't confirm shit.

Come back with your argument after we've actually seen support conversations and the way children will be handled, then I'll hear you out.

And if you're afraid people are going to be talking constantly about waifu's I think it's time for you to jump out the fanbase yesterday, because Awakening already kickstarted that.

Okay, I get that being negative about this stuff can be draining for people who do like it, but seriously fuck this shitty attitude. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I get that being negative about this stuff can be draining for people who do like it, but seriously fuck this shitty attitude.

You mean my regular attitude? :V

It's not draining on me, but what annoys me is his random assumption that the game and community will suck because children and partners.

Besides

Oh yeah, I have a shitty attitude :V