Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

I don't know why you'd want Phoenix mode.

Like getting your team members back every map is fine but if your team members dying doesn't hurt you in any ways then what's the point?

But it's optional so w/e

Weapon durabillity hasn't meant much of anything since FE9. All this means is managing your inventory and funds will be simpler.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like getting your team members back every map is fine but if your team members dying doesn't hurt you in any ways then what's the point?

But it's optional so w/e

• Thumbs Up 4

But it's optional so w/e

Weapon durabillity hasn't meant much of anything since FE9. All this means is managing your inventory and funds will be simpler.

There's gotta be some disadvantage to characters dying, like coming back with 1 HP or something. Maybe they'll be out an entire turn.

How shitastically awful do you have to be in a game of RPS on a chess board that IS felt compelled to go a step beyond Casual Mode?

But. It's optional, so w/e. I won't judge. Out loud.

Didn't Gaiden have unlimited weapon durability? As I understand it, that game was also ball-bustingly hard even with that, so maybe If will step it up to compensate.

• Thumbs Up 2

No durability is a mixed thing for me. I guess it's alright, but I thought there was a strategic element to managing that. Oh well, it might be better than having to sift through bags of silver swords. 

My sister isn't very good at Awakening. She never made it to the last chapter IIRC. This is perfect for her, and anyone else who isn't great at the game, even on easy. :P

That is awesome. 

How shitastically awful do you have to be in a game of RPS on a chess board that IS felt compelled to go a step beyond Casual Mode?

But. It's optional, so w/e. I won't judge. Out loud.

Small children play Nintendo games, too. I get what you're saying, and most novice players probably won't need to use this, but I think it's great that they have a mode for players who want to enjoy the game that way, even if they are part of an extremely small minority. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't Gaiden have unlimited weapon durability? As I understand it, that game was also ball-bustingly hard even with that, so maybe If will step it up to compensate.

TBH I don't really think durabillity ever added anything to the series. How and when you use your units was always the big part, I just considered durabillity needless fluff.

• Thumbs Up 1

More info!Protag's a Dark Prince/Princess class and you can alter his or her appearance like in Awakening, no more Weapon Durability, a super easy mode that my little sister would love called Phoenix Mode (all downed units are revived next turn; I'll stick to Casual though), nine save files that go up by three when a new scenario is unlocked, and JP voice actors revealed for the main characters.TAKE THAT JIN I GOT NEWS ON IF BEFORE YOU

I already knew all this from SerenesForest though

been playing too much bb to care and repost lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

My sister was like, 11 when she played the game. She isn't a gamer either, especially with RPGs. She's only played Kingdom Hearts in terms of RPGs.

You don't have to insult people because they aren't as good at the game as you. :V

@Jin ur just jealous cuz i was 2fast4u

So... Who do you guys think should be the English voices for the characters? I'm hoping Yuri Lowenthal voices someone again.

• Thumbs Up 3

But part of the great thing about video games is overcoming them on your own merits.

Like can you imagine if Sonic 2 had a "start where you died with 100 rings and all chaos emeralds" mode?

But part of the great thing about video games is overcoming them on your own merits.

Like can you imagine if Sonic 2 had a "start where you died with 100 rings and all chaos emeralds" mode?

Of course I couldn't.

I apologize. I'm too protective over my siblings for one thing, getting irritated at something not directly referring to them. ;;;;

Who knows, she might stick to just Casual. She's older now, after all.

So... Who do you guys think should be the English voices for the characters? I'm hoping Yuri Lowenthal voices someone again.

JYB for Kamui

Kate Higgins for Felicia

Yuri Lowenthal for lobster lord

Jamieson Pierce for bro lord

plz

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so the Dark Knight dudes name is Leon and the little blond sister Elise, sweet.

Along with the Phoenix Mode and stuff like that, Tumblr user Pakaplus also translated the images detailing the characters and their profiles.

- Marx (Paladin / CV. Konishi Katsuyuki)

Amongst Nohr’s royal family, he is the eldest son. Although taciturn, he has an honest personality. For the sake of the kingdom, he follows his father’s – the king’s – intentions.

- Camilla (Revenant Knight / CV. Sawashiro Miyuki)

Nohr’s eldest daughter. She dotes on her younger brother/sister (the protagonist) to the point where she’d be more than willing to kill someone for their sake.

- Leon (Dark Knight / CV. Miyano Mamoru)

Marx’s younger brother. Unlike his older brother, he excells at magic. He’s a genius who can flawlessly handle anything.

- Elise (Rod Knight / CV. Suwa Ayaka)

The youngest child amongst Nohr’s royal family, with an innocent personality. Despite not being related by blood, she’s just as close with the protagonist as she is with her real siblings.

- Ryouma (Master Swordsman / CV. Nakamura Yuuichi)

On top of being Hoshido Kingdom’s eldest son, he is also the protagonist’s real brother. He is full of samurai spirit and has an extremely reliable presence.

- Hinoka (Pegasus Warrior / CV. Nazuka Kaori

Hoshido Kingdom’s eldest daughter. She began training as a pegasus warrior after the protagonist was kidnapped by Nohr Kingdom.

- Takumi (Archer / CV. Kaji Yuuki

Ryouma’s younger brother. In order to obtain other’s recognition of his own strength, he has been perfecting his martial arts. He has a somewhat cynical personality.

- Sakura (Shrine Maiden/Priestess / CV. Kanemoto Hisako)

Ryouma, Hinoka, and Takumi’s younger sister. Unlike the other three, she’s shy and timid.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want to get this out, call me petty or elitist if you want, I'm not attacking anyone with this.

Why have we started accepting treating people like idiots as "accessability"? If a person enjoys a game they're naturally going to want to get better at it regardless of difficulty.

Like, did Dark Souls sell any less or become disliked because of it's difficulty? I doubt it, I'm the kind of person that likes easy games and even I found myself addicted to Dark Souls for a while.

Strategy games have always been a huge niche, I doubt this new mode is going to draw people in if they already didn't like the gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

It might. If someone dislikes the gameplay, whether it's too difficult or not, but really enjoys the story, this mode would be perfect for them.

But honestly the more I think about it, the more strange I think it is that they added this Phoenix mode. I mean, Casual on Easy seemed pretty good to me. I only died twice, not counting Paralogues, in Awakening, and that was my first FE game (and strategy RPG in general) that I'd played. Unless If is just extremely difficult even on easy, I don't see any reasons (besides wanting to get younger players into FE, but IDK considering Camilla lel, and the reason I stated above) to include it.

I also realized that my sister never made it to the final boss due to the 3DS of mine breaking. :V

I honestly don't care in the slightest. It's optional, I'm not forced to use it in any way, shape or form (unlike say, the super guide in NSMBW, which appears in eyesight when I'm apparantly not good enough, which does offend me). I'm not gonna wake up one night in a cold sweat because they added it. Really I can just act like it doesn't exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know, and that's why I'm not outraged at it's existence, just confused why it was necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, and that's why I'm not outraged at it's existence, just confused why it was necessary.

God moves in mysterious ways I guess. I doubt there's much of an explanation to find besides the half-baked ones we can imagine.

I don't think it is necessary. They probably just feel like they could reach a few more people by having a mode like this. It's likely intended for younger kids, or players who are just there for the story, or maybe even people who just want to see what the game plays like on the lowest level and not get punished for their mistakes. 

I'm not sure if this is treating the player like an idiot. To me, that would be doing something that compromises the experience for people who are out for a challenge. And like the super guide in Mario games, I think the idea is that letting really bad/inexperienced players see the rest of the game allows the developers to create a harder game for everyone else. 

Awakening had Casual Mode and the ability to grind and level your characters outside of story battles, and that game found an audience in people who were too intimidated by other FE games. Not everyone feels the need to git gud or plays games to feel a sense of accomplishment. Is letting you revive units every turn overkill? For 99% of players, yeah, probably, but there will be some who appreciate it.

This is coming from someone who intends to play Nohr, hard mode, on their first go.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm convinced Awakening was a result of marketing and romance.

I have a friend on Tumblr who was introduced through Awakening and she LOVES Path of Radience. I don't think sacrificing the gameplay is what drew people to awakening, it was the characters and romance.

Speaking of Which, Casual mode started with FE 12, and it did just as poorly.

I'm convinced Awakening was a result of marketing and romance.

I have a friend on Tumblr who was introduced through Awakening and she LOVES Path of Radience. I don't think sacrificing the gameplay is what drew people to awakening, it was the characters and romance.