Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Sonic 06 story > Sonic runners story

I'm not saying that Runners's story is any good, i'm just saying that with Runners's story we can get inside Iizuka's head and try to figure out how he wants Sonic to be for the 25th anniversary game and beyond.

I like that they made the characters with different playstyles so you can choose who yoh like the best. I mostly use speed types

They definitely need to buff or completely rework power types though. Power's abilities lack the practicality that the speed and flying types have. Speed's triple jump and flight's extended jump are useful in almost any situation, but power's weird jump, then dash, then jump again has very limited use outside of Lava Mountain.

On the leaderboards I always see people either using speed or flying type characters, but almost never power. And it makes me wonder why Sega hasn't done something about that yet.

I'm not saying that Runners's story is any good, i'm just saying that with Runners's story we can get inside Iizuka's head and try to figure out how he wants Sonic to be for the 25th anniversary game and beyond.

Transcript

Knuckles: Cucky stop being dumb.

Sonic: Let's blast through with Sonic speed!

Tails: I got this guys... HIYA!

Omochao: Oh no the animals were hosting an event but have been kidnapped by Eggman's robots again!

Cubot: /insert dialogue of Cubot trying to act inconspicious but accidentally giving away Eggman's position

Knuckles: Damn, he's going to hell.

Meanwhile, Eggman attempts to harness Satan's magic to conquer the world

^

Literally every episode in this game

• Thumbs Up 4

Transcript

Knuckles: Cucky stop being dumb.

Sonic: Let's blast through with Sonic speed!

Tails: I got this guys... HIYA!

Omochao: Oh no the animals were hosting an event but have been kidnapped by Eggman's robots again!

Cubot: /insert dialogue of Cubot trying to act inconspicious but accidentally giving away Eggman's position

Knuckles: Damn, he's going to hell.

Meanwhile, Eggman attempts to harness Satan's magic to conquer the world

^

Literally every episode in this game

Events edition:

Omochao: hey guys, today you will collect anything that's floating and isn't a ring/crystal, and remember, anything you see passing by you can be obtained by gambling!

You saw a star missile that almost killed you? A purple eggman fish robot? Easter bunny? A simple chao that simply wanted to be dressed for the event? A gigantic Death egg? Gamble for it! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well then, guess ill need to aim at Devil Chaos and Omega, only have Metal Sonic so far xD

XD I have Omega Lv 0 Devil and Lv 1 Golden Angel. It's surprisingly good! I just need HalOmega and that team will be killer!

• Thumbs Up 1

XD I have Omega Lv 0 Devil and Lv 1 Golden Angel. It's surprisingly good! I just need HalOmega and that team will be killer!

I find it hard to believe that team mech is any good, i mean, yes, golden enemies can give 2240, but im still not sure if score bonuses apply to them, or if they're any better than team dark. :/

like, someone posted a 10,000k score picture with team mech, and by the looks of the distance, any other team (but hero and easy xD) could get that too.

Edited by Hundjäger18
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it hard to believe that team mech is any good, i mean, yes, golden enemies can give 2240, but im still not sure if score bonuses apply to them, or if they're any better than team dark. :/

like, someone posted a 10,000k score picture with team mech, and by the looks of the distance, any other team (but hero and easy xD) could get that too.

True, but with Metal and HalOmega coming one after the other, if you managed to get them both you can set up a good team! I use Omega with Blaze, and the Golden Angel and Devil Chaos for Power now, I seem to score higher than with my old set up. Animal and Score Bonus are still better (to me I think).

I think I was the one to post that. And keep in mind, this was with regular omega, and he was at level 0. Metal Sonic was only level 12. And my golden angel was level 4. So using Halloween Omega and having both characters fully leveled, it may be the best combo. Not sure yet.

I think I was the one to post that. And keep in mind, this was with regular omega, and he was at level 0. Metal Sonic was only level 12. And my golden angel was level 4. So using Halloween Omega and having both characters fully leveled, it may be the best combo. Not sure yet.

I know, but still, that was like, 11000m.

------------+-------------

Wait, hold on, do golden enemies give 300 or 3000?

I dont remember, anyone, if anyone knows, the max. Of score got from those would be x8.1

(250+200 characters so far, +260 if dark Chaos with bonus of power type, [btw does it apply when using the character that is a match? Or is it if you have one on the current team? ] = 710% bonus)

It could go higher but why use the normal dark Chaos if you have the golden angel?

I know, but still, that was like, 11000m.

------------+-------------

Wait, hold on, do golden enemies give 300 or 3000?

I dont remember, anyone, if anyone knows, the max. Of score got from those would be x8.1

(250+200 characters so far, +260 if dark Chaos with bonus of power type, [btw does it apply when using the character that is a match? Or is it if you have one on the current team? ] = 710% bonus)

It could go higher but why use the normal dark Chaos if you have the golden angel?

I wish I knew how many points enemies give but I don't. Also, it doesn't seem many people notice this but in Metal's tutorial it said that he has a 200% bonus for both enemies and objects destroyed (presumably stuff like spikes and platforms while using a color power). 

I think same type bonus of the dark chaos only activates if the character is currently being used, because Shahra  still takes a 400 combo to activate if you're using Sonic even if Tails is your sub. 

And yes, Golden Angel is a better choice than Dark Chao, just like how RC UFO or Carbuncle is more useful than Skull Chao on an animal team. By the way, how is Dark Chaos supposed to be pronounced? Is it like Chaos (the water god) or just like Chao but with an "s" at the end?

Edit: Sorry, forgot one last thing. Does the Zazz event end tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live? My notifications have been broken for the last few days. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by Jrodt333
  • Thumbs Up 2

By the way, how is Dark Chaos supposed to be pronounced? Is it like Chaos (the water god) or just like Chao but with an "s" at the end?

tbh. idk xD

-------------------+----------------------

Btw the event ends on 5 hrs.

Edited by Hundjäger18

The score bonus from buddies is 999.9% almost 1000%. After that you can increase it no matter how many buddies you get.

Ok...we knew that, why are you telling us? Did you find a way to replicate the bug that got you up to 500%? Or did you just wasted tons of RSR making it go all the way up? XD

Now, if someone has the bonus of both buddies and rank at max. It would be...x121 of score, holy...what:?!

Edit: also, looks like the event is gonna stay for another 3 days (?) im not sure about the translation, also, the power rings that arent wasted by then, will be lost.

Edited by Hundjäger18

Edit: also, looks like the event is gonna stay for another 3 days (?) im not sure about the translation, also, the power rings that arent wasted by then, will be lost.

Yep. They're also making it so that all boss revive tokens minus 3 (so basically all boss tokens that were paid for) will be converted to regular revive tokens. Because those are so hard to get.

tbh. idk xD

-------------------+----------------------

Btw the event ends on 5 hrs.

Since Chao is plural for Chao, I pronounce it like you do the chaos emeralds.

Yep. They're also making it so that all boss revive tokens minus 3 (so basically all boss tokens that were paid for) will be converted to regular revive tokens. Because those are so hard to get.

Wait what?

well, the only ways you get revive tokens are by buying them or events

...or by Facebook friends that make you stockpile thousands of revives that grant you will never have to wait for a revive token to load again :p

but none of my friends play this game,

it was mentioned multiple times lately in this thread, just create an Facebook account and add tons of friends from the "Sonic Runners" group on Facebook,  there are people there that will send the tokens you need 

I think there's at least still 20 people there actively playing the game :)

well, the only ways you get revive tokens are by buying them or events

How about completing an episode by getting score of 10 million if you are in episode 50? I usually do this to get 3 free revive tokens.

Ok, looks like the event is over, you have 3 days to spend the power rings i guess.

I wonder when they'll fix the bugs :( , too many " read error"

Screenshot_2015-10-13-04-05-16.thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 2