Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Ooookay, so I was playing as Knuckles just now and encountered a glitch/cheat/hack/thingy. I was at the point before the Eggman segment in the level and I was coming off a slope. I jumped and continued going fast during the boss section. I continued jumping and the speed was still in tact even though it normally shouldn't. So I ended up zooming through the stage and passing by Eggman. I haven't tried to do it again yet, but if it works, it could potentially be used as a good speedrun trick to get a nice score boost up from distance. For instance if you're in the top speed part and have invincibility. Then again, this is a theory. But I thought it was a neat little trick.  

Haha, I've known about that since soft launch. I think I might have even made a post about it. It doesn't actually have much usefulness. Don't use it in top speed with invincibility because distance is useless (only 500k of my 32.7 million run came from distance, and Sonic was part of my team) you'll just run into the spiky balls which will break your momentum and probably lose your combo. Actually touching anything will break your momentum. It is useful when you take a spin dash into Eggman if you have magnet or combo bonus, preferably magnet. I don't play as Knuckles, but when playing as Speed types Eggman seems to be rigged to stay ahead of you, so you can use your speed to grab way more crystals than you're supposed to and raise your combo and score a good amount until Eggman drops the first spring, which will mean you'll have to either (accidentally) hit the spring, hit Eggman (preferable), or skip under Eggman to the next speed increase. Any of these possibilities causes you to lose the spin dash. 

Yeah I soon found out the speed gets cancelled if you hit an enemy so it's pretty useless. I like the sense of speed you get for a small amount of time though.

Yeah I soon found out the speed gets cancelled if you hit an enemy so it's pretty useless. I like the sense of speed you get for a small amount of time though.

Just remember to use it on Eggman for a decent boost early on in the run. 

As for this new "hack" (people don't even know what hack means anymore) I tried it on the Daily Wheel with only image streamline and it got me Big even though it felt like I mistimed it and then 3 lasers (which are in the gold egg slot) on my second spin. I then switched to full streamlined because the wheel spins much slower and tried a premium spin. It seemed like it would land on the character egg at first but it kept on going to the nearest silver which gave me 3 special eggs. Overall probably better than normal, and Sega may become aware that skilled people are able to always get the character egg and patch it, so you all should probably give this a few tries.

OMG IT WORKS!!!

I tried method 1 of the roulette trick and it worked first time!

The wheel performed exactly like it did in the video. The moment the dial hits 6 O'clock tap the screen and keep tapping.

The dial instantly stops and eges into the character egg spot.

Just got Metal Sonic by this method!

Would do more testing but I only have 8 RSR right now.

Details:

Galaxy S5.

Streamlined mode is on.

GOT A NEW HIGH SCORE OF 11 MILLION POINTS WITH CLASSIC SONIC/SHADOW AND YACKER LVL 5 WITH MOTHER WISP LVL 5 :D

• Thumbs Up 4

I tried doing the roulette trick with the 400 rings I had remaining. The trick worked once, and I think it was a coincidence, because every other time I tried, it put me on the other side of the roulette. However, I am happy to confirm that once you have all of the rare eggs, you will never fail at landing on the gold egg on the premium special roulette. Thanks to this, I only need to level my golden angel one more time, and every single companion is level 5. (Aside from certain event buddies and common types)046716f35252824d092c8bb65f6d6871.jpg

Also, sorry for the double post, but I think Team Mech is pretty useful. Check this out: I used Metal Sonic and Omega with Golden Angel and Dark Chao (who aren't even leveled up at their Max) I got 2,500,000 pts just after reaching top speed. Omega has 5% animal boost and 0% score boost. Metal Sonic has 0% animal boost and 0% score boost. I haven't bothered leveling either of them because I figured they would be useless. But after seeing these results, it makes me want to try it...also, swapping out the dark Chao for Sharah might be a wise decision to take advantage of the overall 200% score boost once both characters are maxed.

Team Mech's bonus scales with your total rank because it's calculated in the score part, so they definitely become much better the higher rank you are.

Team Mech's bonus scales with your total rank because it's calculated in the score part, so they definitely become much better the higher rank you are.

Yeah, but even under ideal conditions I don't see them beating Rouge+Tikal/Shadow/Tails or Amy+Blaze/Amite Amy/Tikal. Maybe Omega and Metal Sonic are best for the power stage, but most people (I hope) just reset for a better stage. 

OMG IT WORKS!!!

I tried method 1 of the roulette trick and it worked first time!

The wheel performed exactly like it did in the video. The moment the dial hits 6 O'clock tap the screen and keep tapping.

The dial instantly stops and eges into the character egg spot.

Just got Metal Sonic by this method!

Would do more testing but I only have 8 RSR right now.

Details:

Galaxy S5.

Streamlined mode is on.

Which part of Streamlined Mode did you turn on? The first part, the second part or both? 

Which part of Streamlined Mode did you turn on? The first part, the second part or both? 

First part.

Even though it's kinda proven that the Roulette tricks work, imagine if later SEGA releases a statement saying that no trick works and everything is pre-determined and all the times the trick did work it was just a coincidence? Honestly that'll be freaking hilarious... We're all getting freaking excited as hell because the tricks are working but in reality it's just a coincidence 

• Thumbs Up 2

Nah, if they find out that the trick has been circulating they'll probably just patch it out and change it. Or do what they did during the puyo event and put the character egg in a different spot.

Gaah! After seeing that trick for the roulette I spent hours grinding to get 50RSR. I try the method of waiting 2 spins then tapping at 6 o'clock and it stopped at 6 o'clock... I'll wait until I get more RSR and then try consecutive spins... That was annoying.

Well, I tried Streamline Mode and it sucked. It lagged the game and made it extremely choppy and far harder to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

One question, is using the wheel the only way to level up buddies?

Yes. Or if the buddies are from events like Mother Wisp, ending the event in a higher tier will give you more.

Why didn't they keep the event levels...? Like forget all the special items on them and ta-da! New stage, more content, yes please. 

I think that a change of scenery would be nice every once in a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I tried Streamline Mode and it sucked. It lagged the game and made it extremely choppy and far harder to play.

tried it as well. I did it to see if the first 6 o'clock method on the Roulette worked, which it didnt. (I had the first one on) to my sadness and disappointment. I tried to plat with this settinf and the vame was utterly horrible... I encountered almost every issue you guys talk about. I kept over jumping or under jumping, everything was choppy and it was impossible to play. Im never going to use Streamlined again. The game works absolutelt fine with it off. (I only had the limited animations off which is the first one in Streamline settings.)

Did the second method, and it stopped at the 6 o'clock. Streamline mode was on.(the first part) :/ stupid orca.

Edited by Michael Munroe

At last all of you are getting the same results. That's further evidence that this trick actually works. All we need to do know is master the timing.