Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Part of me wants to see how this update changed things on my Nexus 7. But part of me is also like, "No, you left with your head held up on S* for the wilds of Phantom Pain. Leave Runners behind... until Frozen Factory."

Anyone else willing to verify it's a tinge better or is it the same old shit?

Well, the game is just as laggy for me. Nothing in the framerate has improved, other than the roulette going super fast instead of having a sluggish animation. Also there are more glitches now, mainly with the wisps. They just like to stop working now at random times. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The game no longer lags as you progress through the run stages and the loading times are faster on certain devices. But companion images take forever to load (sometimes the wrong one loads) and wisp bugs etc

You know what Sonic Runners should introduce in the next update? A LAG METER! It would tell you your current lag from 0=none to 5=severe lag. At the end of the game it would tell you your average lag in addition to your high score. Mines would be higher since the new horrible update. Maybe color code the lag meter where it moves between green and red. Imagine knowing you are going to lose at drill section because your lag is high at that section.

• Thumbs Up 1

My game would probably be a 1 or 2 on that lag meter. I cop it in the Top Speed segments and it just drops the frame rate, and jump physics screw up causing some weird errors. Sometimes the lag helps me and I go through obstacles and not get hit, other times it either overshoots me, or lowers me during a jump.

Ok I've seen a lot of people say this.

Can people at least post details of the problems and their system/OS before just saying 'unplayable' because I'm honestly at a loss. For me on a Galaxy S5, the game is performing A LOT better than previously, yes there are still a number of issues but overall performance has improved. 

The gameplay, for me, has not changed much as far as I can tell. However, all of the menus now are unbearable. With streamlined mode on lowering the quality of the graphics, it still takes seconds for each individual buddy's icon to load, and with streamlined mode off I may as well just not even try looking at the buddy screen. This goes for any screen that shows buddy icons, like the leaderboards and such. If I want to scroll down for any particular reason it takes about ten years to do so because the game struggles loading buddy icons. To top it off, every menu loads slower in general. For example, it takes a few seconds for the options menu to actually load up after tapping it, in contrast to previously where it was basically instant.

EDIT: It should be noted that I am also using a Galaxy S5, which makes me wonder what exactly is causing our experiences to be so drastically different. Runners is messed up.

Edited by Weh
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah the menus are total bullshit now. Companions are taking ages to load which makes swapping them out take forever and a lot of problems now exist on the ranking list.

Maybe if your game is laggy, try to copy your transfer ID, delete, redownload, and transfer back. Or on Android people have said you could delete the "unitycache" folder. I don't know if all the unused data may be slowing it down, but I do know that my recently cleaned game hasn't been lagging much, if at all, even during top speed sections. Also, the orca companion is amusing because sometimes the boost rings and springboards are intended to land you on a platform, but if the platform's gone it's an unavoidable death. I also haven't noticed it giving any more rings even though mine is level 5 (if that matters). 

You know what Sonic Runners should introduce in the next update? A LAG METER! It would tell you your current lag from 0=none to 5=severe lag. At the end of the game it would tell you your average lag in addition to your high score. Mines would be higher since the new horrible update. Maybe color code the lag meter where it moves between green and red. Imagine knowing you are going to lose at drill section because your lag is high at that section.

You mean a FPS counter right ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone explain how this is possible? It loaded the buddies this way for a player!

Screenshot_2015-09-10-12-27-05.png

It's another place holder that appears for a split second when loading the companion menu, just like how japanese text appears for a split second when selecting the character menu.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's another place holder that appears for a split second when loading the companion menu, just like how japanese text appears for a split second when selecting the character menu.

This never changed though... but it makes sense. 

Also I was doing a run, got to 8 million and the lag became unbearable! Frames were skipping, I was dying from nothing... Not even Hog's trick was helping...

This never changed though... but it makes sense. 

Also I was doing a run, got to 8 million and the lag became unbearable! Frames were skipping, I was dying from nothing... Not even Hog's trick was helping...

Bad programming showing its true colours.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am using a rooted First Gen Kindle Fire HD.

Until the tropical event, the game played nearly flawlessly. I rarely had any problems.

Since the event, the game has become slow down central. It frequently skips frames.

The new update has made it even worse, as the frame skip happens even more often and lag is continuous. The lazer wisp gets stuck on the diamonds. Plus, the menus take a good 10 seconds to load. Video revives are either missing or they will play but freeze (so a 20 seconds ad takes 50 seconds to play because it keeps on stopping). 

I don't understand how the game went from nearly perfect to such a mess. 

Edited by big_smile

I am using a rooted First Gen Kindle Fire HD.

Until the tropical event, the game played nearly flawlessly. I rarely had any problems.

Since the event, the game has become slow down central. It frequently skips frames.

The new update has made it even worse, as the frame skip happens even more often and lag is continuous. The lazer wisp gets stuck on the diamonds. Plus, the menus take a good 10 seconds to load. Video revives are either missing or they will play but freeze (so a 20 seconds ad takes 50 seconds to play because it keeps on stopping). 

I don't understand how the game went from nearly perfect to such a mess. 

I'm guessing the more they add to it, the less efficient their filing has become, and things are either not being compressed, or more commands are being sent and received from the server. Maybe the more they add the more difficult it becomes to monitor?

Anyone looking to get Amy or some red rings? No way am I getting 10 of my friends onto this game for a pink hedgehog... 

I'm wanting Amy. I've registered 5 people so far, but I think Hog's idea of the solo boosting would work best. I think you can't send a request to each other (So if I accept your request, you can't accept mine, so it's one sided if that makes sense.)

Ugghhhh.... I've got roulette on the brain. Is Shadow more worth Metal? I have 10 special eggs and 150RSR. What to do, what to do...

Its better to get shadow, as you dont have rouge and the bonus is helpfull.

As tempting as it is, I want Tikal and Metal more for their typing (As I have no other fly type besides Tails and Cream). I use Tails and Espio for speed stages. Maybe Shadow would be good, but this is my predicament between characters I like, and ones I should use XD I normally get the older characters their last day on the roulette, so I might hold off and spin tomorrow. Either way if I get a character, I get something!

Edited by SuperAj3

I like how making the wild type, they think of making more characters playable in the game. Team Zeti, anyone?

Zazz = Speed, Zavok = Power and Zeena = Fly? I think they're the 3 most popular of the Deadly 6.

I was going with zomom for fly because of the tornado, but i think zeena would be great. But what would be their bonus? I think enemy bonus and score bonus

If Metal Sonic appears on the roulette once Shadow is gone, I advise everyone to hold on onto their red rings until the Sonic Adventure event has ended. Tikal has an increased drop rate until the 25th.

• Thumbs Up 1