Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Could somebody explain the Carbuncle thing? I have level 5 Carbuncle but never used it. What makes it special since it only grabs certain on screen objects every 400 combo? That does not seem useful especially since there is never much things on screen except drill wisp section area than.

Rough translation:

New character " Metal Sonic " appeared determined !
Enemy defeated bonus + 200% of the skill is characterized by speed type
It appeared to premium roulette today 9/11 18:00 Limited

Ok, so i had 1050 RSR, and 1 egg spin + 4 eggs, i have a list of what i got, 30 spins, the first got me the tornado 1 to lv5, Yey, the second got me...

METAL SONIC!!! I would scream but its 4am here.

Other than that i got 4 chips so now its lv5 Yey

The tornado 2 as well 4 times, up to lv5 (should be usefull since we have another x2 rings event till sep. 14) and for the first time the tornado 2 got me 3 eggs (first time they give me eggs with a SR buddie, and it happened twice, one after the other, i was sure i would end up landing on it forever becouse of the high drop rate of the Adventure event :( ) 

Just sharing the story, dont go hating me becouse of whats comming, please..

2 times another character egg, since i have both they re-filled the RSR (again dont hate me)

So that makes character eggs on the second, six, and 14 spins.

After all i FINALLY got one death egg.

The other 15 spins were "3 eggs" on silver eggs. 

Yes  yes i know  i said to much and no one cares, but it just feels good to get it out there, that half the spins go to eggs and the other half to something new, if anyone cards about that info...

(No i did not used any tricks, or got what i wanted, the battle cruiser to lv 5, but this new data should lower the spins i have left to get :) )

Man, I totally fell into that trap this time. Because of the event's higher drop rates, the chances to get Metal Sonic are even lower than usual, but because I have all Rare companions at Level 5 and many of the Super Rare ones as well, I thought I'd give it a try, especially since I got Blaze and Shadow extremely fast in the Special Roulette. Now I've blown over 1000 Red Rings and have many, many RC Tornados. Oh well, I only wanted Metal for completion's sake, anyway, now that they released all their characters.

Oh, man. Metal Sonic's leaked description comes true.

huh, leaked description? It's on the game loading screen everytime you install/download an update, been there since day 1, though it was labeled as enemy/villain not playable character 

huh, leaked description? It's on the game loading screen everytime you install/download am update, been there since day 1 

Huh? Oh, well. Sorry, I didn't notice that.

Btw, I checked sonic.wikia.com out again this time. The article about Sonic Runners has been edited since Metal Sonic was in the game, but something's not right: (Does anyone know why?)

• "... the poses used for Blaze, Omega, Big, Cream, Classic Sonic and Tikal are based on older artwork for these characters.

Got Metal on my fist spin. :V 

RrL1gFBl.png?1

Normally I'd be happy, but I wanted Tikal. Geez, for some so called increased drop rates, I'm quite unlucky. Metal didn't even seem that good, with only an enemy bonus. :L But hey whatever I still have 2 weeks for Tikal. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I noticed SEGA of NA has stepped up their notification game slightly. The banner looks nice now and the character's name uses the glossy text again. Sucks that the backgrounds are still a single colour.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I have all Rare companions maxed out to Lvl.5. I had 1k RSR so I tried spinning and this is what I got:

- 6+ Special Roulette Spins 

- 1 Tornado 2 and (finally) a Chaos

- Crappy Golden Angel

- Tikal (AGAIN)

No more Red Rings :]

Welcome to the club, then. Introducing Metal Sonic during the Adventure Event really was the most devious tactic they have used yet, I think they even warn people about it on their Twitter account. : P

• Thumbs Up 2

You don't. The Special Roulette only gives Buddies/characters you don't have yet, and that's why it's so great for getting characters. If you have every Rare Buddy maxed out, the spinner will either land on a Gold Egg or a Character Egg, making the odds MUCH higher.

...I kinda overestimated its ability though, as proven today. Also, with them constantly adding new Buddies you won't have that privilege for long.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, so is it 3 special eggs or just Gold/Char eggs only? I just finished maxing out all my rare companions as my red rings ran out so I want to try doing the special roulette again.

You get three Special Eggs in the Premium Roulette, while you will land on Gold & Characters Eggs only in the Special Roulette. The more S-Rare Companions you have at Level 5, the higher the chances are you will land on the Character Egg. Still, I recommend waiting until the Adventure Event is over and the odds are back to normal, because otherwise you will only land on Gold Eggs and get Chaos or the Tornado 2. Alternatively, If you have both of them at Level 5, your chances at getting Metal Sonic are way higher.

It really does work, because I struggled for weeks to get Rouge, but once I had every Rare Companion at Level 5, I got her on my first Special Roulette spin, just as I did with Blaze and Shadow. Once the Adventure event began with the Rare Orca Buddy being added, I had to max him out before I got Tikal.

Yes they do get higher, but only in the SPECIAL Roulette, because you only get content you don't have yet there. The Premium Roulette, on the other hand, is totally unaffected by the amount of Buddies you have. I give you my word on that, but I won't go and purchase 1000 Red Rings now to make a video. PurinxPop, until new Rare Buddies are added, I can promise you you won't land on a Rare Egg in the Special Roulette. Just try it out.

The real mystery is what happens when you have everything and try to spin the Special Roulette, but I doubt I will live long enough to see that.:P

Diamond Z, if anything, this video is proof I am right, because only at the very last spin in the video he uses the Special Roulette and gets Metal Sonic.

Edited by LukA8
  • Thumbs Up 1