General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

halobulletinheader_5-15-13.png

-Community Playlist returns

-Vehicle weapon nerfing

-Matchmaking update

-Complex removed from 4v4

-Complex added to Big Team Slayer

Wait. Did I finally get one of my prayers answered? Complex finally removed from 4v4 slayer? I think I may cry. 343 listened. As for the rest, I kinda want to see how the community maps are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Complex is out of 4v4??? AHAHAHAHA I CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN.

Seriously. That needed to be done so long ago. Probably the worst map/team size combination in halo history

• Thumbs Up 1

Complex is out of 4v4??? AHAHAHAHA I CAN FINALLY PLAY AGAIN.

Seriously. That needed to be done so long ago. Probably the worst map/team size combination in halo history

Someone finally agrees with me.

halobulletinheader_5-22-13.png

-Feedback on the weapon tuning

-more feedback on the weapon tuning-

-Jokes 

-Little info about the Community playlist

-They are going to TRY to merge playlist together?

Since Goku is busy in a corner crying about how X1 (Xbox One) is going to be. I thought I'd pass on the latest Halo Bulletin to you guys. Speaking of Halo related stuff. The series is going to get is own tv show? Say what? I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean sure, the animated shorts we got a few years ago was amazing, mainly that one CGI one where Chief and co attacked a Convenant ship to rescue what looked like cortana. I don't know how a tv series will turn out. If it ends up bad......

And Destiny. Oh boy does Destiny look good. 

IN BUNGIE WE TRUST!

halobulletinheader_5-22-13.png

-Feedback on the weapon tuning

-more feedback on the weapon tuning-

-Jokes 

-Little info about the Community playlist

-They are going to TRY to merge playlist together?

Since Goku is busy in a corner crying about how X1 (Xbox One) is going to be. I thought I'd pass on the latest Halo Bulletin to you guys. Speaking of Halo related stuff. The series is going to get is own tv show? Say what? I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean sure, the animated shorts we got a few years ago was amazing, mainly that one CGI one where Chief and co attacked a Convenant ship to rescue what looked like cortana. I don't know how a tv series will turn out. If it ends up bad......

And Destiny. Oh boy does Destiny look good. 

IN BUNGIE WE TRUST!

It was actually Halsey they were saving :| At the time, that was my favourite one of the bunch but if you watch it now, you can easily see hot dated the CGI is.

Also wasn't Forward unto Dawn a mini-series? I haven't watched it myself, but isn't that just similar to a TV show? I don't think I would expect anything different.

It was actually Halsey they were saving :| At the time, that was my favourite one of the bunch but if you watch it now, you can easily see hot dated the CGI is.

Also wasn't Forward unto Dawn a mini-series? I haven't watched it myself, but isn't that just similar to a TV show? I don't think I would expect anything different.

Mini series.....TV show. Not exactly the same

I'm finding the bulletins pointless until E3, and retro kind of chewed me out over posting them too much. feel free to post them EX.

Meanwhile!

Microsoft confirms "Halo Bootcamp" (Gamespot)

More Halo 3 on PC rumors, whatever this Bootcamp thing is its confirmed.

I'm finding the bulletins pointless until E3, and retro kind of chewed me out over posting them too much. feel free to post them EX.

Meanwhile!

Microsoft confirms "Halo Bootcamp" (Gamespot)

More Halo 3 on PC rumors, whatever this Bootcamp thing is its confirmed.

Agreed. 343 doesn't have anything E3 related to say so I will probably stop updating until after or around then.

• 2 weeks later...

They're trying to encourage sales of a lackluster OS. You can't blame them, but it's not the best business decision they could've made.

They're trying to encourage sales of a lackluster OS. You can't blame them, but it's not the best business decision they could've made.

Well actually I'm more ticked by the fact that they are shoving MORE Sarah Palmer in our faces, bitch is already getting a comic book arc about her origins why the hell do we need more of her?!

I'll watch a Youtube play through or something. the music will be the only interesting thing about this anyways besides the H4 content.

>Buys Halo 4 for brother as a gift

>gets it in mail

>launches game

>NOPES

Apparently the basic units of the Xbox slim can't Halo 4. k

So what do you guys think of the multiplayer weapon tuning update?

Halo: Spartan Assault Announced! (Kotaku)

94305747069188301208838.jpg

Ugh, why just Win8? its like when H2 was restricted to just Vista.

Makes me a little annoyed for owning a Windows 7 phone, it needs interesting games. WP8 get all the good shit!

Though at the same time, having it about Sarah Palmer is a turn-off. Hello 343? She's not even interesting. Such a bland character.

>Buys Halo 4 for brother as a gift

>gets it in mail

>launches game

>NOPES

Apparently the basic units of the Xbox slim can't Halo 4. k

What seems to be the problem exactly?

EDIT: Trailers been youtubed:

Edited by goku262002

I honestly don't like the update. The weapon nerf is fine. That I enjoy, but the whole lets speed up the game movement thing is pretty lame. I don't want to play COD with halo settings. I want my Halo game back. And someone please get rid of active camo. That is by far the worst thing they ever implemented in the series. Dumbest loadout EVER!

Active Camo should be set back to Halos 1-3 standard, a powerup and not a loadout. Overshield, Speed Boost, and Damage Boost do fine as drop powerups Camo should be apart of that.

Active Camo should be set back to Halos 1-3 standard, a powerup and not a loadout. Overshield, Speed Boost, and Damage Boost do fine as drop powerups Camo should be apart of that.

We should tell 343 that. 

We should tell 343 that. 

May not matter anymore since fucking Halo 5 may be in the works already. fucking Microsoft -_-

Edited by goku262002

As long as active camo is no longer a load out, I'll be buying it. If it stays a loadout, I'm done with the series. Heck I'm cheating on Bungie right now. Destiny please be worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...

No bulletin last week, in case anyone was wondering. I will wonder on what they will say this week though.

Has anyone tried Mini Slayer?! other then being alittle buggy for reasonable reasons, it really is a fun gametype to play.

Oh and for some reason Neil Davidge isn't composing Halo: Spartan Assault even though we heard a remix of his track in the trailer:

AWARD WINNING COMPOSER/PRODUCER "TOM SALTA" SCORES HALO: SPARTAN ASSAULT (Blogspot)

Its the wonderful team of Paul Lipson and Tom Salta, the composers behind the Halo Anniversary remixes.

May not matter anymore since fucking Halo 5 may be in the works already. fucking Microsoft sleep.png

This is what I hate about Halo and CoD, they try to bust out a new game WAY TOO soon, barely leaving folks enough time to enjoy the games they just damn released.

Also, I've been loving their recent updates, but now they took away the Warthogs completely from the Meltdown Map.

And, I wish they make the maps in Castle Map pack playable in Infinity/Big Team Infinity Slayer already.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG_smaller.jpg

Wait. Do I have a reason to bust out H4 again? Please say yes. Because I've stopped playing it because I hated how much the recent nerf fucked the game up.

Heres a rundown of the new map pack:

The “Halo 4” Champions bundle — the fourth major expansion in the “Halo” Infinity Multiplayer experience —launches on Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live. Developed by 343 Industries in collaboration with Certain Affinity, the Champions Bundle delivers three DLC packs (Steel Skin Pack, Bullseye Pack and Infinity Armor Pack) and bonus content, which includes more than 18 new, in-game items that are exclusive to the bundle for a limited time.

Each of the three DLC packs in the Champions bundle will also be available as standalone purchases on launch day. The Bullseye Pack will be available for 480 MS Points and the Infinity Armor Pack and Steel Skin Pack will be available for 240 MS Points each. The bonus content is only available for a limited time exclusively through the bundle.

~Bullseye Pack: Two new multiplayer maps, a sports-themed Spartan armor and a new competitive gravball game type called Ricochet

~Infinity Armor Pack: Set your Spartan up with impressive and legendary new armor

~Steel Skin Pack: Bring an elaborate steampunk style to your UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner weapons

To learn all about the “Halo 4” Champions bundle, including a detailed breakdown of what each DLC pack includes, please visit Halo Waypoint.

kchb.jpg

x285.jpg

Videos: