Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

I will rage if they get rid of grifball. That shit is amazing. I still can't figure out the timing for the hammer but just being able to throw the ball, that makes the game so much better than it's previous versions. 

As for the the community slayer, I was expecting 343 to give us more maps than the few we got. Sure it's nice and all but. I wanted more.

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC. Why add them to steam? And if they were.....without servers both games are pretty dead. Thats how halo has lived for so long. It's multiplayer keeps sucking players back in. Still Halo 1-3 on steam? m$ approving that is kinda crazy, if true.

Halo 1 and 2 are already on PC. Why add them to steam? And if they were.....without servers both games are pretty dead. Thats how halo has lived for so long. It's multiplayer keeps sucking players back in. Still Halo 1-3 on steam? m$ approving that is kinda crazy, if true.

Halo 1 still has a pretty established multiplayer community, its why its servers didn't get shut down instead of Halo 2 first so hopefully this will be just a fluid transfer without any hiccups in the multiplayer servers. The Halo 2 shutdown is making more sense if the rumor is true, they could be trying to kill off anything to do with GFWL and bring it back on Steam. Halo 3 is going to be 6 years old by the end of the year, I think a good amount of time has passed for it to get ported to PC without people getting pissed off. Reach and 4 are still years off though.

It a smart move on MS's part. why try to compete with your competitor whos clearly caving your head in at this point when you can easily just say "fuck it! lets merge!!" partner with them and rake in profits.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

But I thought that with windows 8 Microsoft was going to use the "xbox" service to distribute digital games on pc.

So I don't know if launching one of their biggest franchises on their competitors store is a great idea, still EA as Origin and also as some games on steam so I don't know...

I still think that bringing the Halo franchise to the pc again would be a right move, while adding cross  multiplayer with console and pc gamers. Still I also know that if they release Halo on the pc they would lose a really big console exclusive, so I get the point of the console only too.

But I thought that with windows 8 Microsoft was going to use the "xbox" service to distribute digital games on pc.

So I don't know if launching one of their biggest franchises on their competitors store is a great idea, still EA as Origin and also as some games on steam so I don't know...

I still think that bringing the Halo franchise to the pc again would be a right move, while adding cross  multiplayer with console and pc gamers. Still I also know that if they release Halo on the pc they would lose a really big console exclusive, so I get the point of the console only too.

That is not a good idea. I mean I would love it to happen but we all know the hackers would attack the PC version and make the console player's experience crap. 

That is not a good idea. I mean I would love it to happen but we all know the hackers would attack the PC version and make the console player's experience crap. 

Really, I didn't know it was that bad?

And also with the strict administration xbox live as, I think Microsoft would implement the same security on their games on pc, no? 

Edited by redhellc

Ign mentioned something something about the re-releases showing up on Steam as well. Yeah I'm not linking it because I'm too lazy. But I mean who knows. Just wonder if it will have servers for all 3 games or not. 

And Red, in halo 3, caught myself dealing with tons of lag switchers. Tons as in my screen went black in multiple matches and when I finally can see something we would be losing by a good 10-15 points. Imagine how it were to be if hackers go to it. 3 amazing FPS games gone down the drain.....Or they could uncover some stuff others haven't found in the past decade. But it's a win/lose situation.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

Yeah I only joined the franchise when reach was released so I few things pass me.

But in that case maybe it's really better for the franchise to away from the pc... 

Yeah I only joined the franchise when reach was released so I few things pass me.

But in that case maybe it's really better for the franchise to away from the pc... 

Eh, but halo 1 is already on the PC. I think 2 is too. But linking PC and Console gamers together would be a pain. On the gamers and devs.

Eh, but halo 1 is already on the PC. I think 2 is too. But linking PC and Console gamers together would be a pain. On the gamers and devs.

Oh I see. I thought you were talking about the games being released on the pc. 

So I guess the linking is kind of a bad idea.  

In concept, I'd love it. Means I get to beat up on more players. But then there would be reality. PC hackers would make the game lame and hated. Say....a hacker could turn the most overall weapon in the original 3, the Battle rifle into the most powerful thing in gaming history. I mean look at the

Imagine if something like that was modded into multiplayer. I know for sure I'd rage quit and burn my disk.

Or better yet, look at this one.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7d5S7j7748

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's too bad...There are some friends of mine that are pc gamers which I wish I could play with them cross console pc.

And Halo was one of the games I  wish I could play with them.

And with the all the xbox new service thing I thought it would be cool, but with all those problems I don't know if it would be worth the effort.

Yeah, it's too bad...There are some friends of mine that are pc gamers which I wish I could play with them cross console pc.

And Halo was one of the games I  wish I could play with them.

And with the all the xbox new service thing I thought it would be cool, but with all those problems I don't know if it would be worth the effort.

New service thing? I know nothing about it.

New service thing? I know nothing about it.

You know the games on the metro style are xbox live ones, the same way that the windows phone connects with the xbox, the pc will connect the same way in kind of the same online service. Since they said the xbox would be connected to windows 8.

I think...

Edited by redhellc

*dumb look*

Uh....So basically there is a chance that I could be playing PC gamers with my console(s) in the future? I mean I know the gamertag links with your xbox, windows phone and pc. But....Hmm. 

On the subject of Halo. Has anyone tried Team doubles yet? I want too but my internet is off til Thursday  And I'm not sure if my phone's hotspot would be strong enough. I mean it was able to let me play DCUO. But it was still very laggy.

I mean they said they wanted the new xbox to be out with the new pack of products that uses windows 8, and that the games that you will have on xbox or the phone you can have them on the pc also. 

So it's not that far fetch, but I see the problems that can come with it. 

Like I said man, still in the repair shop. should be out by friday, but then theres the whole gold thing...

The Halo Bulletin: 2.6.13

Topics include:

~Got to keep on moving - 343i recap

~Spartan Ops Update

~Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Halo 4 Campaign Easter Egg Hints

Snipers are back next week!

The Halo Bulletin: 2.13.13

Topics include:

~Don’t make a girl a promise - 343i recap

~Spartan Ops Update

~Section 3 - ???

~Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Title Update… Update?

Spartan OPS ends next week! So guys. what did you think of SPOPS overall?

Also, remember:

Halo 2 PC support is being extended until June so they can "investigate further support options": https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/301374494252101632

In other words, they're looking at putting the game on Steam.

SPOPS does not end next week. Just season one. Which I believe was suppose to be the free season. I think if they release a season 2, we the gamers will have to pay for it. 

Anyways BOLTSHOT IS FINALLY GETTING NERFED. Just when I finally start to love the weapon, they nerf it. What the hell. What they need to nerf is the Assault Rifle, Needler, both Shotguns and Active Camo. Errrrr Super camo. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Now that I've gotten use to BoltShot, I feel bad they are nerfing it. There goes the idiots that rush you and you hit a 180 and they die.

As for the new playlist, I would have played it with ease if it did not contain the random objective matches. I'm glad that they removed Complex from Team TD (slayer version). But they need to kill the map from the normal 4v4 slayer. Gosh that map sucks ass. <insert 1,000 word rant>

Finally their Valentine pictures were pretty funny. "You'd be perfect if you did not suck at halo". Hahahaha awesome.

Isn't the new maps due out before the end of the month? Or are they due in March? I can't remember.