Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Bump.

Spartan-OPS is over today. what did you all think about it? think where they have left off should they start another season or leave it for halo 5?

In one video, I thought the needler got nerfed. But in a different one, I was proven wrong. Damnit 343. Nerf that damn weapon already. Aside from that, the stages look great. Well the two we saw matches of. Now to wait a week and finally buy this baby.

The Halo Bulletin: 2.20.13

Topics include:

~A Blowout of Majestic Proportions - preview of waypoint 3.0 and new details of Majestic Map Pack

~Section 3 - ???

~Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Title Update… Update? - *look below*

The 2.21.13 Halo 4 Title Update is live. While this update tackles a significant amount of bugs, glitches and issues we're now happy to call resolved, there's more balancing to be done and more matters of contention to address, and we are actively working with the Halo 4 game team to investigate the feasibility of additional fixes. For now, here is a breakdown of what is included in this particular title update.

Gameplay

• Reduced the range of the Boltshot's damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was around 20-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.

• Fixed an issue where modified loadouts were not being saved correctly.

• Fixed an issue where attempting to sprint while crouching using “hold to crouch” would cause players to be unable to shoot for 1-1.5 seconds.

• Fixed an issue where some players were not able to get into matches on new map/game variants after playlist updates.

• Fixed a DLC-related Join-in-Progress issue that kicked players back to the title screen.

• Fixed various issues regarding glitched Autosentry deployment.

• Fixed an issue where one player per session was unable to stay scoped with the Flagnum.

• Fixed an issue where clients playing multi-round matches were not propelled by Man Cannons after the first round on Wreckage.

• Fixed an issue for players who had licensed content for the specialization offer, and had the free Map Pack content, but did not have the Map Pass or Map Pack license by displaying a new error message: “You have Map Pack content that requires a license. Please purchase the War Games Map Pass, purchase the Map Pack individually, or delete the Map Pack content from your console.”

Vehicles

• Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage/EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

• Fixed an issue with where the Wraith secondary turret became disabled when shot with a Plasma Pistol. The feature has been updated to be consistent with previous Halo titles.

• Fixed a Mantis functionality exploit that allowed pilots to survive planted grenades.

Specific Game Modes

• Friendly fire turned off in Flood to prevent exploits.

• Fixed Flood character models to allow for Warthog and Mongoose use.

• Fixed an inconsistency with King of the Hill deathcam.

• Fixed an issue where the Grifball would get stuck in geometry and never respawn.

• Fixed the issue for Extraction where players did not regain full control of their character for extended periods of time after interacting with a site.

• Fixed multiple Extraction scoring issues, including an overtime fix that ensures that a victory will not be awarded to a team who is controlling the go-ahead extraction point when the game ends.

Custom Games

• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.

• Fixed an issue on Shatter where players couldn't start a custom Dominion game.

• Fixed an issue where the Ordnance game options reset when scrolling up or down in custom games.

• Fixed an issue where custom game descriptions did not appear in the “Settings” preview screen.

• Fixed inconsistencies and bugs in the final death cam for custom games.

Spartan Ops

• Fixed an issue where the “Dedicated to Crimson” Achievement could not be unlocked.

• Fixed an issue where players in Spartan Ops Episode 6 Mission 1 were able to look around before the vignette.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed a selection of issues where theater clips were missing map-specific audio, including ambient noise and announcer voice.

• Fixed File Share preview images for films and map variants.

• Fixed issues with in-game translations.

• Fixed title screen camera clipping.

• Fixed an issue with Forge pieces and the shadows they create.

• Fixed aliasing split screen HUD issues.

• Fixed an issue where some saved films of Forge games featured no Forge lighting.

• Fixed incorrect “change description” text in File Browser.

• Fixed assorted crashes.

Now....when they fix the needler, I'll be a happy gamer. Why has that gun not be nerfed. And I'm glad the boltshot was nerfed but kinda sad. Sad because they STILL DID NOT TOUCH THE SHOTGUNS! Ugh. But this will do.

You gotta go to waypoint and post in the feedback topics, its the only real way to let them know of these problems.

I know. But I would assume the CORE gamers already mentioned it. Needler is OP along with the Scattershot and Shotgun. But besides that, this game is slowly becoming more balanced. 

So i was able to play 2 out of the 3 maps. Monolith and landfall. Both are good maps actually. I had more problems with Mono only because it was weird adjusting to the map at first after playing Haven, so much. I won all of my games except one on Landfall. And that seems to be my favorite out of the 3 so far. It is so well made. Swat is fun on this stage. A gametype I use to dread, I love now. Monolith is still something I'm getting use to. As for the 3rd, I have yet to touch. But I know I will eventually get the chance.

As for the Halo Bulletin. Seems like nothing that will help nor hurt me. The wallpapers are nice though. Aside from that, eh. What I think they need to do is pull Complex that other large map (from the last DLC) from 4v4 Infinity slayer and add all the this map pack into it along with many of the forge maps they showed off. That would make that playlist so much more entertaining. Right now it's just a rotation of 4 good maps and 2 large maps. Dumb.

halobulletinheader_3-6-13.png

Topics include:

~An Interview with Greg Bear

~Fan Question of the Week

~Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight – Armor Abilities

So, I just recently finished off Spartan Ops, I wasn't paying complete attention but what was that ending meant to imply with Halsey and the Elite? :S I hope it's not what I think it is

So, I just recently finished off Spartan Ops, I wasn't paying complete attention but what was that ending meant to imply with Halsey and the Elite? :S I hope it's not what I think it is

She wants Revenge, but it doesn't say to what she wants revenge on. theres a number of fan theorys.

So yeah this is awesome and I want to play Skyrim just to try this:

Oh alright, but it still doesn't settle too well with me how you spent a good amount of the Campaign and Spartan Op's killing Covenant and she's in cahoots with one (in a manner of speaking).

I hope they do more Spartan Op's, I wouldn't mind paying for it as long as they actually make new levels, you can only visit the same locales so many times before it starts to get illogical!

well shes still their captive in a sense, Jul is using her and its believed shes using them too.

I'm wondering what shes going to do without her arm. I'd be cool if she goes the whole Kat route and gets a cybernetic replacement.

Then in a weird twist, that completely throws every bit of canon out the window, she aquires a Cybernetic arm then it's revealed....

SHE IS A SPARTAN :| She kidnapped herself as a child after traveling back in time and trained herself to become an elite soldier!

But no, I'd like to see what happens next, whether it's a Season two of Spartan Op's or a story to be continued in Halo 5. Although, I'd always kill for another ODST game.

Speaking of which...

Why isn't there any ODST's or Brutes in Halo 4?

No idea, models from Reach are still in there though. along with many, many other things...

Wow. holywtf? already?!

I still haven't even bought the Crimson Map Pack...

Would kill for Sandtrap to be ported to Halo 4, since I normally reside in Big Team Slayer and Sandtrap was the best "Big Team" map back in the Halo 3 days!

Fuck! Another freaking BTB map pack? We don't need that. We need a map pack that has a good mix of big, medium and small stages.

I'd kill to see Forge World in Halo 4. That, combined with Halo 4's forge, would be epic!

I'd kill to see Forge World in Halo 4. That, combined with Halo 4's forge, would be epic!

• Thumbs Up 1

halobulletinheader_13_13_3.png
^Click here to go to Waypoint^

Topics include:
~Halo 4 Castle Map Pack
~PAX East Details
~Matchmaking Playlist Update
~Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight – Snipers

Edited by goku262002

So it's a slow week. Seems okay with me since I haven't touched Halo in a few weeks due to my own personal reasons.

halobulletinheader_3-20-13.png

-Click Here to go to Waypoint-

Topics include:

~PAX East Details

~Halo 4 Title Update

~Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight – Forge Art

Cool, the death X's are back. that was a neat feature that shouldn't have been taken out...along with MANY other things.

• Thumbs Up 1

you know what I wish for?

That they could update the Waypoint App on the Windows phone and allow the ATLAS to work with halo 4

EDIT: Also, I haven't bought any of the map packs yet, but I'm thinking of skipping the Crimson one and going for the Majestic map pack, since the Crimson playlist is gone, but I fear that when I get the Majestic map pack, similar will happen to it's playlist when Castle Map pack is available.

Edited by Scott