Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

If you're going to quote that Gaint Bomb review I sware I'm going to start playing headhunter with your heads. those guys arn't the end-all-be-all opinion, must've been quoted that video at least 5 times now. least quote something else this time...

Unless Giant Bomb's the only entity in the universe that has played Spartan Assault and concluded "it wasn't very good," then I don't know why you're leveling this accusation at Wil348 that he's just parroting them. And even if he did, what does it matter? People are allowed to discuss what they've heard about a game's reception without anyone making e-threats about it, especially over something they may or may not have done.

Nono its not just him, like I said I was linked to the same video 5 times already. I respect the guys and everything but their just 2 guys who didn't know much about the game they were playing to begin with (although I do agree with them that the micro-transaction model should've stayed on the damn windows phone version). I was just getting a little sick of getting linked to the same video, like to see or hear some other opinions about it.

Cross-posting from the XBO thread:

MORE LEAKS!

Tons of Halo stuff.

So theres the normal H2A thats coming then the "War Collection" that includes ports of 3 and 4?

So basically I have to rebuy what I already own? I was okay with H2A but the ports of 3 and 4 bug the crap out of me because I invested all my time into those titles and it'll blow that I have to re-do everything, start my progress all over again because Microsoft wants money. I just won't feel invested enough to do all those hair pulling 'Cheevos again.

And what about ODST and Reach? what because they don't star the master chief they arn't real Halo titles and deserve to be ported too?

Hopefully the rumor is bunk and were just getting H2A and let ports of the other games sit for awhile until the 360 gets phased out.

Cross-posting from the XBO thread:

So theres the normal H2A thats coming then the "War Collection" that includes ports of 3 and 4?

So basically I have to rebuy what I already own? I was okay with H2A but the ports of 3 and 4 bug the crap out of me because I invested all my time into those titles and it'll blow that I have to re-do everything, start my progress all over again because Microsoft wants money. I just won't feel invested enough to do all those hair pulling 'Cheevos again.

And what about ODST and Reach? what because they don't star the master chief they arn't real Halo titles and deserve to be ported too?

Hopefully the rumor is bunk and were just getting H2A and let ports of the other games sit for awhile until the 360 gets phased out.

I hated how you had to rebuy Halo 1 on the PC as well. :(

Well, it was sort of worth it just for online multiplayer and Halo Custom Edition alone but I can understand what you mean. I hate rebuying all together because it makes me feel like my purchase was worthless, like my Halo 4 limited Edition means squat now that Halo 4 GOTY Edition is out.

Let me see if I got this right, the leak says they will be releasing not one but 4 Halo games for the Xbox One...Yeah I don't buy it. I can see they releasing Halo 2 Anniversary, but porting 3 and 4. I mean I can see I simple port being enough for Halo 4, but for 3 no. Halo 3 looks really outdated and would stick out really bad on the console. Oh and also Halo 5, I don't know, I think 343 should put a little more work into 5 after what happened with 4.

Still If they are releasing every Halo game from now on exclusively on Xbox One, I probably wont be buying one anytime soon. I now that Halo is the core franchise from Microsoft, but I would like to have at least H2 anniversary on my 360. Well its my fault for thinking that Microsoft would care about 360 users once they released the Xbox One. At least I will be able to play Destiny.

Yeah, for H2A the point is to bring it to an HD age and show how far its come. but Halo 3 doesn't need that since its still a pretty game nor will Saber go through the effort of doing small tweaking just to bring it to XBO, doesn't seem worth it, yet. by 2017 maybe but not now.

If Halo 2 HD releases this year plus show and something akin to Forward Unto Dawn, I'm not expecting to see Halo 5 until 2015. Which honestly is pretty believable if you ask me. And if Microsoft are hoping for a Halo yearly release, betting on 6 being released 2016.(I personally would say wait till 2017, just because within the span of 2 years they seem to be overloading us with Halo, but whatever.)

If Halo 2 HD releases this year plus show and something akin to Forward Unto Dawn, I'm not expecting to see Halo 5 until 2015. Which honestly is pretty believable if you ask me. And if Microsoft are hoping for a Halo yearly release, betting on 6 being released 2016.(I personally would say wait till 2017, just because within the span of 2 years they seem to be overloading us with Halo, but whatever.)

To be fair what other franchise does Microsoft have that sells consoles like Halo. I agree that they should take their time, but I don't think that Microsoft will let a year pass by without a Halo game.

Let me see if I got this right, the leak says they will be releasing not one but 4 Halo games for the Xbox One...Yeah I don't buy it. I can see they releasing Halo 2 Anniversary, but porting 3 and 4. I mean I can see I simple port being enough for Halo 4, but for 3 no. Halo 3 looks really outdated and would stick out really bad on the console. Oh and also Halo 5, I don't know, I think 343 should put a little more work into 5 after what happened with 4.

Still If they are releasing every Halo game from now on exclusively on Xbox One, I probably wont be buying one anytime soon. I now that Halo is the core franchise from Microsoft, but I would like to have at least H2 anniversary on my 360. Well its my fault for thinking that Microsoft would care about 360 users once they released the Xbox One. At least I will be able to play Destiny.

Considering all the old games that were ported to the 360 (CoD Classic, Quake II, etc.) that barely made use of the 360s power other than 60fps, it's not surprising.

There's a reason they aren't making everything on the 360. They are trying to sell a console. Third parties are happy to develop for the 360 still, but at the same time a major company selling a new console is going to bring out the big guns on the new one.

Considering all the old games that were ported to the 360 (CoD Classic, Quake II, etc.) that barely made use of the 360s power other than 60fps, it's not surprising.

There's a reason they aren't making everything on the 360. They are trying to sell a console. Third parties are happy to develop for the 360 still, but at the same time a major company selling a new console is going to bring out the big guns on the new one.

Sure and I get that. But that doesn't mean pulling support all together especially after they said that the Xbox 360 was still important to them. See my problem is not that they moved on, is that they said that they would still look to the 360 as an important part of the market. When they said that I thought they would do like Sony and still release 1st party games on the other console, like they did with the PS2 and more recently with the PS3.

Some people don't like to jump right to next generation in the first year and you should at least acknowledge those people. Still I can understand the selling a console point, so that's why I'm not surprised nor upset, I'm just disappointed.  

Halo 3 on Xbox One...that's actually really tempting for me believe it or not.

But a port of 3 & 4? What about Reach and ODST? Unless those would be coming out in a different collection.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Halo 4's Husky Raid gametype is the best fun I have had in this game in a good long time.

Linear CTF + Fiesta makes for some fun and epic chaos, I seriously got an overkill with the scattershot.

I'm teaming up with HBO tommorow night for another go-around but god damn go play some Husky Raid if you haven't already.

Hmm. Good news for sure. Lets just hope they don't touch the multiplayer formula. That was seriously HALO at it's best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooookay maybe not the best halo title to start off their Steam library but regardless, this means good things for Halo considering it was rumored months back that Halo 3 was coming to steam and everybody didn't think it would possibly happen.

Whelp, doesn't seem too crazy now huh?!