Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Well...this is interesting. looks like 343i had more planned out for this cutscene.

Check out the data pad found in the games data with an in-tact convosation terminal, much like Reachs:

Trans script is below:

Forced this temporary cutscene terminal to spawn and viewed its contents that suggest a cooler cutscene than what we got. -LordZedd

TRANSCRIPT:

"INT. DOMAIN CHAMBER - Something is obviously wrong as soon as the Chief enters the light pillar. The image of Cortana is gone.

MASTER CHIEF: Cortana??

The beam itself begins to PULSATE, like the light is ACCELERATING With a sudden SURGE. The stream LIFTS him off the ground! Before the quick movement is even finished-- SMASH TO WHITE: IN WHITE, WE HEAR LIBRARIAN CHIME, WHICH TURNS TO A VOICE:

LIBRARIAN: (VO) Your ancilla is safe. Use of your neural link is required for this simulation, and so separating you was a regrettable necessity.

LIBRARIAN: (VO) Attend, human. This union will be apparent to the Didact. We must be brief.

MASTER CHIEF: Identify yourself.

LIBRARIAN: I was the Librarian, but my death was confirmed 100,000 before our meeting. This mindstate was preserved to assist the Forerunners' heirs. Sadly, my attempts to alert you to the Didact's threat were undone.

MASTER CHIEF: What do you want with me?

LIBRARIAN: The Didact is leaving Requiem. Soon. You must not allow it.

MASTER CHIEF: Assuming I trust you any more than I trust him - why not?

Without warning, the Librarian and the environment PHASE OUT--

EXT. HALO RING - DAY -- IMMEDIATELY rephasing into a collection of FORERUNNER STRUCTURES amid the green hills of a HALO.The ARCH of the ring rises above them. LIVING FORERUNNERS of different shapes and sizes go about their business around the buildings. Sentinels and monitors pass through the air. The Librarian directs Chief's attention to a CENTRAL, A-shaped building.

LIBRARIAN: One of our more controversial creations, the Composer. It bridged the gap between the organic and digital realms. We believed it would allow us to move perpetually between the two states. Making us, in effect, immortal.

MASTER CHIEF: If you're only a recording, it obviously didn't work.

LIBRARIAN: For a time, it seemed to.

INT. FORERUNNER WARSHIP - The Librarian and the Chief stand on the bridge of a FORERUNNER WARSHIP. We follow their gaze - EARTH is visible on the viewscreen.

LIBRARIAN: But as its results soured and our hopes evaporated, the Didact twisted the Composer's failings towards opportunity.

...And revenge.

MASTER CHIEF: Earth? Is that why he attacked us?

She RAISES AN ARM and a HOLOGRAM of a HUMAN WARRIOR IN ARMOR appears posed before them. Reminiscent of the Knights.

LIBRARIAN: The humans of my era could have rendered the Halos unnecessary, but did not. He blames you for the death of the galaxy.

MASTER CHIEF: The Prometheans. He used it on them. They're the humans from your time.

The Didact's ship REVERTS to... INT. LIBRARIAN'S GARDEN -

LIBRARIAN: We hid the Composer from him because we knew he would turn it on humanity again should he find liberation. That day is upon us. He is too clever not to locate it, so you must prepare for the eventuality that this burden will fall to you.

MASTER CHIEF: How do we stop him?

LIBRARIAN: Not we. You, Reclaimer. When I indexed humanity for repopulation, I buried a seed within select --

Without warning, the Librarian's Garden SHUDDERS, DIGITALLY BREAKING UP!

A HOLE rips in the fabric of the air - DIDACT FLOATS THROUGH.

DIDACT: Even in death, her meddling continues!

He WAVES his arm and ENERGY SURGES towards the Librarian! She STRUGGLES TO ENACTS a FORCE FIELD around herself and Chief.

DIDACT: This arrogance cannot be their shield forever!

Librarian desperately holds back the Didact. But just barely.

LIBRARIAN: (VO) (shouting, to Chief) The Composer is flawed! Your genesong contains a natural immunity, but it must be unlocked!

MASTER CHIEF: How?

LIBRARIAN: (VO) Your evolutionary journey must be accelerated!

DIDACT: Relent, essence!

MASTER CHIEF: Can I defeat the Didact without it?

LIBRARIAN: (VO) No.

MASTER CHIEF: Then do it.

*She nods.*

LIBRARIAN: (VO) Prepare.

INT. DOMAIN CHAMBER - The Chief is still HOVERING in the TURBULENT LIGHT BEAM as we left him. The beam BRIGHTENS, casting the Chief in SILHOUETTE against the dark room. BRIGHTER STRANDS OF LIGHT WRAPS itself around the, the EDGES of his armor...The light FLOWS UNDERNEATH the hardware, WASHING OVER HIM LIKE A LIQUID. His body flexes - wrenched taut by unseen strings.

LIBRARIAN: (VO) This gift is your birthright, Reclaimer! It will lead humanity to its new mantle... ARRGH!

The beam of light EXTINGUISHES suddenly as the Librarian goes silent. The Chief SLAMS DOWN HARD to the ground."

Sounded allot fucking cooler then what we got, like allot of this fucking game was supposed to be.

Wait..."HUMAN WARRIOR IN ARMOR appears posed before them. Reminiscent of the Knights"?!

OH GOD FOTUS IS CANON!! D:

Edited by goku262002

halobulletinheader_4-24-13.png

-Easter egg stuff

-More Weapon Tuning

-Join in game process

So from what I skimmed, they are just doing some fine tuning with the weapons. The fact that they are thinking of making the Assault Rifle stronger bothers me. If anything, it should be weaker while the Saw should be stronger. As for the Join in game thing.....I like.

Edit: I beat you to it Goku.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

Thanks man, Having a discussion in the next xbox thread is getting me distracted.

You forgot something though:

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/04/halo-initiation-comic/

Hooray were getting another comic...not by Marvel...about Sarah Palmer. umm...

Aw no, your joking, right?

I didn't find her interesting in the slightest, Spartan Op's didn't make her any more interesting either. Throughout the entire Main Campaign and Spartan Op's, the way she delivered her lines, the fact she never wears a helmet, the way she never shuts the hell up. It's like 343 were really trying to make her a memorable main character. So now a new comic, on her? Christ!

These are just my thoughts though.

I no longer have a reason to play Halo 4. This is sad. Not sure if it's the fact that I keep running into noob players or this game is extremely easy for me now. FYI it's a slayer match. Not objective match.

wow_zpscc6b91dd.png

269885_563446940361663_1620983152_n_zps8

• Thumbs Up 2

I no longer have a reason to play Halo 4. This is sad. Not sure if it's the fact that I keep running into noob players or this game is extremely easy for me now. FYI it's a slayer match. Not objective match.

wow_zpscc6b91dd.png

269885_563446940361663_1620983152_n_zps8

Wow, really.

Well I did also passed the campaign a lot more easily than other games. So the game maybe is a little easy, or I'm also a little better at playing the game. 

Maybe you just got a group of noobs.tongue.png  

Goku, as good as that sounds. I'm just to freaking lazy. Plus I don't have a group to do it with. I'll be happy once I pass SR100.

But seriously. I was in a tank that entire match until like the last 4 kills. How can you not take out a tank? Plasma pistol and sticky grenades. That's it. To top that, every games since, I've been number 1. As in MVP. Halo 4 is to easy for me.

Goku, as good as that sounds. I'm just to freaking lazy. Plus I don't have a group to do it with. I'll be happy once I pass SR100.

But seriously. I was in a tank that entire match until like the last 4 kills. How can you not take out a tank? Plasma pistol and sticky grenades. That's it. To top that, every games since, I've been number 1. As in MVP. Halo 4 is to easy for me.

Or you can always punch it to death.biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of which, it is just SO incredibly easy to take out vehicles now that Plasma Pistol isn't a rare item anymore. usually when it came to my fighting vehicles in Reach I had to really memorize a map so I would know exactly where a Plasma Pistol was and how many minutes it took to it to re-spawn (5 minutes on Reach Blood Gulch BTW in case anyone is wondering).

but now, *boom* a vehicle destroyer load out is all I need.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yo. That entire lobby must have been babies. There's no reason why you should wreck face that badly in a damn tank.

we should get together and play sometime gaiz

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, really.

Well I did also passed the campaign a lot more easily than other games. So the game maybe is a little easy, or I'm also a little better at playing the game. 

Maybe you just got a group of noobs.tongue.png  

No, Halo 4 is by far the easiest Halo game thus far, in everything. Been playing Halo 4 constant for months, went back to Halo 3 for shits and giggles a couple of weeks back; it was balls hard. Not being able to run makes death more common.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, Halo 4 is by far the easiest Halo game thus far, in everything. Been playing Halo 4 constant for months, went back to Halo 3 for shits and giggles a couple of weeks back; it was balls hard. Not being able to run makes death more common.

Well the last game I played before 4 was anniversary one. But even though I played it in legendary it was in co-op, so that makes it a little more difficult.

Funny thing I already felt like Reach easier than 3. Well it does make story progression better, but still I don't want the games to be too easy.   

Fully agree. Then again, it seems like there are nothing but noobish players. Where as Reach, H3 and H2 had players that had skill and actually knew what the fuck they were doing. Now it's your typical match with a camo camper. Or someone who's connection sucks so hard my eyes bleed. Or if it's not that, you get the random set of noobish players that can't seem to get more than 6 kills in a match. I should not be able to go 25-3 in a normal 4v4 slayer match. Nor should I be able to get a perfection or go 44-1 in Big Team Slayer....IN A FREAKING TANK.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fully agree. Then again, it seems like there are nothing but noobish players. Where as Reach, H3 and H2 had players that had skill and actually knew what the fuck they were doing. Now it's your typical match with a camo camper. Or someone who's connection sucks so hard my eyes bleed. Or if it's not that, you get the random set of noobish players that can't seem to get more than 6 kills in a match. I should not be able to go 25-3 in a normal 4v4 slayer match. Nor should I be able to get a perfection or go 44-1 in Big Team Slayer....IN A FREAKING TANK.

Yeah! For me it's a case of...

Game start >> Host Migration >> move a few steps >> Host Migration >> almost killed enemy >> Host Migration >> Dies. :/

Speaking of tanks, I'm not really good with a Sniper, but I was playing Big Team Battle (As I typically do) on Exile (as per usual >.> ) and I managed to Snipe the Driver in the cockpit, leaving the Tank unharmed for my team to control! Then blew up a ghost and banshee simultaneously with a turret moments later! It was just one of those awesome moments!

Dude, lets make a clan! 

We need to party up a few times a week and just go crazy on the H4 players. It would be craaaaaay.

• Thumbs Up 1

halobulletinheader_5-1-13.png

-Click here to go to Waypoint-

Topics include:

~Interview with Dave “Walshy” Walsh

~Current State of Weapon Tuning

~Competitive Skill Rank Challenge

~Next Week's Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight – Daybreak

*reads Halo update*

So most of the gametypes will finally get some new maps via forge stages. It's about damn time. While I love Haven, I can only play that stage so much. Most of the 4v4 maps aren't that great. As for the weapon tuning, I swear if the AR ends up being as strong if not stronger than the BR/DMR by the end of the nerf, I'm selling this game. Seems severe but seriously. If you can kill me from a good distance away with only one clip of the AR, then it's time for a new nerf. Besides, minus the Boltshot and AR, I really don't see a need for a weapon nerf. It's not bad. Rockets are as they should be. Same goes for the fuel rod and incineration canon. DMR, BR, LR and carbine work fine. Really the weapon that needs the most tuning is the Sticky detonator. It's crazy how destructive that thing is.

Hay! dats ma weapiz wright theur! dont u be dissin it! >=(

But isn't the trade off for the Sticky Detonator being explosively strong is the randomness of it? its really is an unpredictable weapon. 

Eh. Not when it's the only real weapon that kill me from anywhere. I swear that is the only weapon in the game (before the boltshot nerf) that would kill me literally any where. It's really annoying when you are in a small stage and that weapon shows up. I miss the grenade launcher.

Well isn't that the whole point of the sticky detonator? to surprise you?

halobulletinheader_5-8-13.png

-Click here to go to Waypoint-

Topics include:

~Interview with professional Halo player Coby Yamauchi

~Current State of Weapon Tuning

~Matchmaking Playlist Update

~Halo 4 Screenshot Spotlight – Battle Rifle

And just so that talking about reticules on imaginary guns doesn't amuse you:

*reads newest bulletin*

So Lightrifle is going to be one of the best long range weapons in the halo universe.

*reads newest bulletin*

So Lightrifle is going to be one of the best long range weapons in the halo universe.

And that is fine in my book! I love the lightrifle its a weapon that I hope sticks around for awhile.

I have no problem with it either. I just wished they nerfed the AR to be a little weaker.