Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

Is...that a female Spartan? o_o I'm interested.

I don't think I'll get to play the game anytime soon though since I don't own an Xbone in the first place, but the tv series could be good. Looking forward to that!

• Thumbs Up 1

Bungie didn't do the Halo 1 remake. 343 did.

Edit: I think I misunderstood the post..

Lol does anyone but dedicated clan rooms even bother with Halo 1 anymore? I tried finding a room a few years back and the place was a ghost town.

I'd lean more toward the "was"

I already know that wasn't the case. The case is that Bungie said a long time ago in an article I can't find for some reason (why do my citations always disappear when I need them) that the ports are a lot of effort with little gain. My problem is that if they knew that from 1, why port Halo 2?

Now that Bungie is out, I have no idea what's in store, but I do know that Microsoft has stated time and time again that they have no plans to port it.

You honestly believe that wanting to keep console exclusivity didn't factor in at all? Microsoft can charge 300$ for an xbox, but only 100$ or so for their OS.

They want people to pay for their hardware.

You seem to be missing the concept of a port.

Ports are afterthoughts. Halo 1 PC and Halo 2 PC came more than 2 years later. That's not soon enough for everyone.

Furthermore, a significant portion of the FPS playerbase prefer consoles. The ports are for those that don't.

This isn't a case of IPs needed to keep a console alive, or else they wouldn't have even considered it to begin with.

Because the series is/was a system seller. So if people wanted Halo, they had to have an Xbox.

With Bungie...yeah. Yeah it was a system seller. But 343i.....they still have not done the job yet. Halo 4 was good but not anywhere near as good the previous installments by Bungie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, wasn't expecting an announcement so soon. Cool that CBOAT was right tho'.

I've unfortunately still never played, but if 5 is really amazing I might just bite the bullet and get a XB1 with the collection sometime down the line.

Good, the Halo 5 news got posted.

Anyways people are hyper dissecting the pic that 343 released and its found that this new spartan has an ONI symbol on the top characters left chest. also, the new character isn't female.

Current theory is that its one of ONIs secret spartans sent to hunt chief.

You want Halo 2 remastered on Xbox One?! Well, fuck you! You're getting 1, 2, 3 and 4 remastered in one big collection on Xbox One called Halo: The Master Chief Collection. That's all according to a report from Engadget, anyway. 

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Wow, so I guess this means no halo 2 anniversary after all...

btw, thats the rumored war edition that was supposed to be bundled with H2A, according to the janurary infodump.

The Halo 2 version could be the new one. I assume Halo 1 will be it's anniversary version, too. The multiplayer will also probably be from H2A then.

I hope this means we can expect Halo 1 on the PC at some point.

???

Halo CE is on PC. Or do you mean a different game?

???

Halo CE is on PC. Or do you mean a different game?

I meant Steam. Edited the post.

I thought that's what you meant.

I really want it on Steam too, if only for the idea of mod support being better.

Well recently the Halo Steam rumor cropped back up, apparently it has a section on Steam now or something I'll have to dig the rumor back up it was 2 months ago.

Not sure which topic to post this, so I'll do both.

Some new Halo 5 concept art:

Halo-4-Guardians-Gets-Concept-Art-More-D

People are speculating it's Sanghelios, the home planet of the elites, due to similarities to the descriptions from books or something.

Looks pretty cool to me.

Not sure which topic to post this, so I'll do both.

Some new Halo 5 concept art:

Halo-4-Guardians-Gets-Concept-Art-More-D

People are speculating it's Sanghelios, the home planet of the elites, due to similarities to the descriptions from books or something.

Looks pretty cool to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Halo Theme Composer Sues Bungie Boss (Kotaku)

What the flying hell is wrong with you Bungie? treating Marty like this after 15 years, deplorable.

Yeah, saw this earlier. It really just saddens me that a seemingly great company could treat one of it's original members like this. Marty is one of the main guys I think of when I think Halo (or video game music in general). I was really hoping his leaving of Bungie was on better terms. It's sad to see things have gotten so ugly. Really hope the full story comes out on what exactly happened here. :/

Keeping this topic relevant to just the game, a Halo 5 beta trailer was announced as apart of the MC collection: