Awoo.

General Halo Thread & Discussion

Nintendoga

So I go and do my nightly check of my email and I see the most unique registration confirmation email I have ever got:

recruited23.png

Yeah so I'm enlisted now bitch!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've already done that then. LOL I didn't realize I did it. But I'm actually not a fan of these maps. The new map with two Manti is a real pain in the ass. It just doesn't seem like a good stage for some reason. As for the other BTB stage. I love it. My only problem with it is when you are on the upper part of the stage. That damn sun makes it very hard to kill someone. It literally blinded me, costing me many kills. As for the smallest of the 3, I have yet to play it. I dont know why though. Then again I haven't played the actual DLC gametype. Just the regular playlists.

I don't know if Turbojet or Goku has mentioned this. But um Waypoint probably wont have anymore major updates this year. It's that time where everyone goes on Christmas vacation and blah. So we are probably stuck with the current playlists until 2013. Prepare to play the hell out of them for the rest of the month guys.

Well there was some problems over the weekend with the DLC again. Seems the banhammer went crazy and decided to ban 200+ people for absolutly no reason. I went over to the forums and everything seems to be fine now so if your competiting in the Infinity tournament today, your good to go!

Also, Buck is a pretty cool guy. Eh stealths aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Edited by goku262002

Yeah. So that recent update killed my loadout and made me change my controller settings. What I swear was Recon, turned into being fishstick. What the fuck is a fish stick setting? Not only that, it killed the DLC I downloaded (which luckily was free) So now I have to redownload it and pay for it. Yay banhammer. </sarcasm>

Yeah. So that recent update killed my loadout and made me change my controller settings. What I swear was Recon, turned into being fishstick. What the fuck is a fish stick setting? Not only that, it killed the DLC I downloaded (which luckily was free) So now I have to redownload it and pay for it. Yay banhammer. </sarcasm>

The fishstick setting is geared towards COD fans who are picking up a Halo game for the first time. its got a similar layout any COD fan will recognize.

Well dude the "free" thing was never supposed to happen. it was a technical glitch that was exploited and MS had to put a trial date on it, which was about a week.

The fishstick setting is geared towards COD fans who are picking up a Halo game for the first time. its got a similar layout any COD fan will recognize.

Well dude the "free" thing was never supposed to happen. it was a technical glitch that was exploited and MS had to put a trial date on it, which was about a week.

BOOOOOOOOO!! And actually the Fishstick thing also applies to BF3 and other FPS's too. And oddly it feels more comfortable than the traditional layout. (recon/default)

If you like it then use it. I don't mind default now but its killing my thumbstick.

Seriously, Can't MS make a decent controller that can stand up to FPS abuse?! I know that this controller is on its last legs but as soon as I buy a new one I know I'm only going to get 6 months tops out of it before it starts slowly breaking down.

If you like it then use it. I don't mind default now but its killing my thumbstick.

Seriously, Can't MS make a decent controller that can stand up to FPS abuse?! I know that this controller is on its last legs but as soon as I buy a new one I know I'm only going to get 6 months tops out of it before it starts slowly breaking down.

So my controller isn't the only one ready to die? Good to know. I mean my older controllers lived through Halo 3, Reach, BF3 and most of my previous games. But my newest controller (afterglow) isn't doing so well. The analog is halfway gone. Aside from that it may live. I hope it lives into next year. Because I don't have the money to replace it, especially when we are roughly a year away from the next gen xbox. 

Afterglow? You mean this piece of shit? Yeah I had the mini one. that only lasted me for 4 months before I started getting shoulder and trigger issues and lasted me about a year total before it broke down. never buying 1 of those again...

So I saw a bunch of interesting videos today. linking them since theres 1 too many to post:

~Newly Found Armor Abilities in Halo 4! - Hacker & Teleport!!

~NEW Halo 4 Easter Egg/Glitch - Secret Energy Sword With Unlimited Ammo On Dawn!

~Halo 4: 20,000 XP Waypoint Unlock Code

~Halo 4 Glitch - Invisible Banshee On Composer!

I'm pretty damn sure the teleport ability would have been extremely broken in H4. As for the Hacker ability, that would be pretty awesome. I'd love to see that in action. Not so much the teleport ability. And yeah, the afterglow controller. It's not bad. Yet no where near the best controller I'd dealt with. I mean it's biggest downside is that my analog is falling off. Aside from that, it's a pretty damn good controller.

I'm pretty damn sure the teleport ability would have been extremely broken in H4. As for the Hacker ability, that would be pretty awesome. I'd love to see that in action. Not so much the teleport ability. And yeah, the afterglow controller. It's not bad. Yet no where near the best controller I'd dealt with. I mean it's biggest downside is that my analog is falling off. Aside from that, it's a pretty damn good controller.

Wanna play around with them?! they work on non-hacked consoles. I was just trying them this morning.

Do a search for "game variants" under the gamertag "Lord Zedd" and you should find them.

Edited by goku262002

*downloads*

What are your impressions of them?

Edit: FUN FACT. IT ONLY WORKS ON HARVEST. Not sure why.

Edited by Frozen EX

Sure bud. I'll be online in a few hours (4:45pm PST).

Aww look how adorable they are! I want one <3

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nevermind I found the gametype. Teleporter would have been very broke in this game. I mean like the guy said, all of the current AA's balance out. Teleporter would have had people running the whole game. Or teleporting to get out of the way of a rocket, tank, simple BR clip. I mean at least the hacker one would have been good for one of the current specializations. Teleport is busted and I really don't see that becoming a real AA any time soon. But it is def something to joke around with in a gametype and stage that will allow the player to abuse it......DBZ STYLE HALO!!

Sure bud. I'll be online in a few hours (4:45pm PST).

Aww look how adorable they are! I want one <3

That was AWESOME!

Played with teleport a little more. And well it would have work fine in the game. If active camo can work then I'm sure teleport could have. Only problem is it pretty much a super thruster. And what balances it out is the cool down time for the AA. So I officially take my last comment back and say, teleport is a AA I welcome into the Halo series, if they decide to incorporate it in.

Fact:

-Gauss warthog in any playlist and map is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Rocket hog is okay and even the mantis isn't bad. But the Gauss Warthog is the worst vehicle they have ever included in a map. 

"Hey lets put a fairly fast vehicle with an instant kill weapon in matchmaking." -343. 

What? No. Bad decision.

I love regicide. But until 343 fixed their servers, it' one game type challenge I won't be playing. Especially since i was dropped into a game that was 7/8 done. What the hell 343? Is it that hard to make a setting where we only join new games? Or better yet, can you fix the damn file share. Hell fix this game! I rage quit so hard Tuesday night because it was the laggiest match I've ever played. I stuck a tank twice.....I died with no trace of damage. What? We were on a black screen more than we played the damn stage. Ugh.

STOP. I just got a railgun kill from across the map on Exile. Sure I died trying to kill the sniper but the sacrifice was worth everything. If you want to see it....it's on my file share. Gamertag is in the sig.

Reasons like this is why I love this game. Mantis FTW baby.

Edited by Eternal Xtreme
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've smashed warthogs and ghosts lol. As for the Banshee, I have no idea. It was awesome being in that match. Especially being the one directly behind him seeing it all in HD on my plasma. Pure perfection.

First unused Armor Ablities, now Zedd has found Unused weapons in Halo 4:

Edited by goku262002