Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Favorite Eggman Base:

The very 1st:

Scrap_Brain_Act_2.png

This nice and very welcoming place right here.

Scrap Brain Zone: It just screams "the big, bad Doctor's secret base" doesn't it? Its background looks so wasteland and industrial like, its almost as if Eggman has the giant place run like an automatic factory that releases tons of toxic air and waste. There's so much going on in this place, he's literally throwing every type of obstacle and badnik he can at Sonic...Fire spouts, sharp blades that roll through the floor, giant spiked balls on chains, conveyor belts, he just doesn't care what it is as long as it makes Sonic dead. It really gives that feeling that we're really closing in on the doctor, he has no where left to run...then he springs his last trap:

Scrap_Brain_Act_3.png

...Eggman, you magnificent bastard.

This place also has my favorite piece of music from the game, a really fantastic theme.

There's also this fine lookin' place.

wood5.png\

Metropolis zone:

A less intimidating looking place for a final base...but hey, it still suits Eggman just as well. What we have here is the birth place of the unholy badnik trio, the secret base of the bad doctor, and a zone with good music. You get a more cartoony feel from this place compared to Scrap Brain, but it doesn't really stop you from feeling the need to destroy it up. He's got his big ol' factory here, with a spinning gears and pistons plenty, there's lava(...?), and placed here are his finest crushers, badniks, and many other obstacles. We think this is the final place, that Eggman has no where left to run...but no, he doesn't try as hard with this one. Why, because he's got his plans all ready to go with a place called Wing Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 2

DEEEEEEAAAAAAAATH EGGGGGGG-

when it comes to land and/or water-based Eggman bases that aren't called "Eggmanland", 

fuck, well that's oddly specific

Uhhhh well I guess out of those it's Final Egg. In terms of aesthetics, gimmicks and level design it's pretty much spot on. It's got a really fast pace to it too and that's something I really like about it. It also has some amazing songs that make me miss the focus on guitars in the Sonic soundtrack somewhat.

Gonna have to go with Launch Base.

Launch_Base_Zone.png

It's not my favorite level gameplay wise, but I LOVE the aesthetics. Seeing the Death Egg in the background being built and prepped for launch was the coolest thing to me as a kid, and it still is. I also got a kick out of Sonic piloting an Eggmobile at the end.

am surprised that more of his bases don't exploit that weakness. I guess Aquarium Park counts, too?

Don't forget the very first base, Scrap Brain, and how it coincidentally happens to sit on top of a Labyrinth-looking area.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 8: Favorite Land-based Eggman Base.

finalegg_shot4.jpg

Final Egg is probably one of the most challenging levels in Sonic's game. And fittingly so; it's the last action stage, that leads into his most difficult boss, the Egg Viper.

tumblr_m3q42hmp9r1r3tkn3o1_500.jpg

Besides housing one of the most fun fights, I like how military and industrial everything looks in this place.

I'm mentioning Sonic Adventure a lot here, aren't I? I guess it's just a game from when Sega wasn't afraid to do something different.

Day 8:Favorite Eggman Base:

Scrap Brain Zone for its music alone. Playing it isn't that fun, but the music is Eerie and sophisticated considering considering what else was on the SEGA Genesis at the time. 

Kind of a shame the level itself is a pain. 

Day 8: Favorite On-Land Eggman Bases

adv_10.jpg

FINAL EGG

Always loved just how...extravagant this one felt. Eggman really didn't have to go too far with this one - he had the Egg Carrier, after all. But we all know how ol' Egghead loves is bombast, so he filled the level to the brim with contrived gadgetry, obtuse traps, kickass music, and some of the most...weird imagery and ideas he had ever invested in. Multicolored flashing lights adorn the walls and ceilings, serving seemingly no purpose, and the bottomless pit of one of its core areas is comprised of a psychedelic cluster-eff of colors resembling TV static. Not to mention those weird exploding purple drones he sends after Sonic. As the heart of Eggman's land base, it's certainly very Eggman-tastic, and every moment of it is lovely. The best part is, he didn't even know that Sonic was coming - it's almost like he filled his entire engine room with convoluted traps just in case. All in all, it's fantastic in every possible way.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess it's just a game from when Sega wasn't afraid to do something different.

Well, to be fair, look what happened last time they tried to do something different.

Oh, this one's easy! Eggmanl-

"no eggmanland"

._.

Uh. I dunno. None of the others really left an impression on me, to be honest. The Death Egg was pretty great in Sonic 3, but I was more so enthralled by the final boss as a kid than the level itself, haha. If I had to pick one though, I guess I'd go for that. Those loopy looper laser things were pretty neato, and the music was cool.

Also it was in space. That was neat.

Oh, this one's easy! Eggmanl-

"no eggmanland"

._.

Uh. I dunno. None of the others really left an impression on me, to be honest. The Death Egg was pretty great in Sonic 3, but I was more so enthralled by the final boss as a kid than the level itself, haha. If I had to pick one though, I guess I'd go for that. Those loopy looper laser things were pretty neato, and the music was cool.

Also it was in space. That was neat.

Death Egg doesn't count either according to the conditions.

Day 8 Favorite Eggman Base

Final Egg (SA1): Just about everything about the base and it's level is so cool to me. I love the view of it from the cliff in the Mystic Ruins, not only because the actual forest in the distance looks sooo.... ambient, and the view of the base itself reminds me a bit of Stardust Speedway from CD. It looks a bit like a city, and for a while I thought that was supposed to be 'Robotnikland'.

The level and its theme feel a little unique too; it isn't as intense or forboding as most other 'final level' themes in the series. It feels less like the big final confrontation to save the world from disaster, and more like taking care of unfinished business. In a story that encompasses more characters than just Sonic, I find it very fitting that Sonic and Eggman's conflict doesn't have as high stakes as other stories, since in this case, Sonic had already beaten Eggman's major trump card, Chaos, and Final Egg felt more like cleanup duty. It helped let the other character's conflicts have a bit of gravity to them, which fleshed out the world and gave it more depth, since Sonic beating Eggman was just a part of the overarching story, not the overall story itself.

favorite not eggmanland groundbase?

does white acroplis count? there are bases listed i didnt even know they were bases. i like the white acopolis base because its a new setting, the snow. it also has a cool vibes to it and the design as awesome., the stage itself is amazing and going through it was awesome.

Hmmmmmmmmm, dammit. Its hard to choose, every one of Eggman's bases are pretty damn cool...

Death Egg doesn't count either according to the conditions.

Final Egg I guess. I liked the music and it had a lot of red, which is my favorite color. I also liked that room where you can light dash attack all the little boopy robot things.

Yay.

Fuck it, I'mma say Metropolis Zone. The music is pretty lax...for one of the most grueling gauntlets you'll ever have to put up with.

Final Egg also gets a special mention...dat music.

Zone 8: Favorite Grounded Eggman Base

finalegg.jpg

Final Egg!

This level kicks all kind of butt. Primarily the parts that Sonic gets to run through...

This base has it all: there are tons of classic Eggman-esque traps, badniks and hazards to maneuver around, all the while this awesome jazzy rock music is playing in the background! You have your lasers, conveyor belts, plasma floors, spike pits, those... tumbling drier things from Flying Batter Zone... whatever those are, and a giant death pit that you need to spiral downward to progress - all the while doing some good old-fashioned platforming while dodging deadly mallets. And those Egg Keepers are frustrating but satisfying to take out!

Sadx17.png

Also, these things.

This whole stage just screams "Final Level" from start to finish. And at the very end, you're treated to one of the most challenging bosses in the series...

The Egg Viper

The whole endgame for Sonic's story in Sonic Adventure is just awesome. 

I love it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I can't think of a good answer. All of my favourite ones are either Eggmanland or some kind of Space Station. I suppose its Final Egg from Sonic Adventure? Its one of my top levels in Sonic Adventure and the music kicks ass.

I think this question is kinda pointless, no offence. 

Question #8: What are your favourite ON-LAND Robotnik bases... APART from Eggmanland?

Aw….I love Eggmanland…..

ALL RIGHT THEN. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Sonic Adventure: Final Egg

finalegg_shot4.jpg

Whether you're practicing your aim with Gamma, looking for answers as Amy, or looking for a final showdown as Sonic and Tails, Final Egg is your best place to be. With a maze of traps and Badniks, it'll take everything you've learned to get through this area. It's also cool that Sonic can go through Gamma's part in his run through the level.

Sonic Heroes: Hang Castle

Metal+Sonic+Statue.png

Ok, seriously. What the heck is Hang Castle? Is it some sort of experiment with virtual reality that Dr. Eggman was working on that went horribly wrong? The gravity can be changed, some of the paths are invisible, and some of the Badniks….the pumpkins and skeletons….are those robots? What is this mess? Is it even on the ground or is it in the sky?! Don't even get me started on the interior...

Sonic Riders: Egg Factory & Ice Factory

Egg_Factory_02.pngIce_Factory_02.png

Whether you like it hot or cold, these 2 bases in Sonic Riders are filled with worker robots, conveyor belts, and areas where Power characters can smash through the walls and ice.

Sonic Chaos: Mecha Green Hill Zone

MechaGreenHill.png

Wait, what? Did Eggman take over Green Hill and turn it into this nightmare?!

Sonic Battle: Gimme Shelter

Gimmeshelter.png

Dr. Eggman's base of operations in Sonic Battle, sort of hidden in Night Babylon. Emerl will travel here with Knuckles and Cream and come here to challenge Chaos Gamma to a rematch.

Sonic X: Egg Fortress

Sonicxepisode1robots.jpg

Dr. Eggman's tower in Sonic X was also pretty sweet. Especially when Sonic and friends broke into it during the first episode and the 2 parter where they won 2 of the Chaos Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 5

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 8 OF SECRET LAIRS!

Eh. Like a great man once said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW49DwMJkns

sonic34_zps69cc649f.jpg

Robotnik's Lair (Aosth)!

I remember this lair a lot and its the most memorable to me, probably cause I love AoSth a lot. The exterior has a giant Robotnik statue to represent his ego and his lair is a bit crooked to represent how much of a zany bad guy he is. The interior is a bit different as it doesn't seem to have much consistency other than this yellow and blue room. The size even changes from having a large room filled with machines and the next it would be close to a living room, though its still very spacious. Its still my favorite Eggman base and man is it memorable.

• Thumbs Up 5

8:

Techno Base:

TB.png

I just really dig the look of the place and the music is incredibly fitting.  I really have a blast zooming through this zone.

Also:

9f42cc318d8f39c0ecd42463c5a19e37.png

Didn't I beat this thing in Pocket Adventure...or was that not canon?

God damn it, another hard one

DAY 8 OF 30

FAVORITE EGGMAN BASE

Sonic_Heroes_8.jpg\

RAIL CANYON

I love fast grinding levels in general so this took the cake for me

I like the hard rock music, some of the stage element (Dodging trains was awkward as hell but still pretty cool), and in the second level, YOU GET SHOOT OUT OF A EGGMAN CANNON BASE! Who wouldn't want to do that?!

Day 8: FAVORITE EGGMAN BASE YES OK GOOD

Scd-mm-summaryimg.png

Yep, it's Metallic Madness! You've reached the end of the game - but Eggman's base remains in your path, the one obstacle preventing you from freeing Little Planet from the devious scientist's clutches. The music has this sort of urgency, and everything is out to kill you. Travelling through time will reveal different paths through the level, which is always a nice touch. What was once a solid wall is now a shortcut through a level designed to impede you in every way possible.

And it's totally awesome.

PLUS SHRINK RAYS WOOP WOOP

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 8:

Hey! Does Starlight carnival count? Its made by eggman sooooo Yes?

If yes, here is my thoughts:

Loved this stage in sonic colors. It was bright, it was fast when we were on the purple road. I found the quick step parts to be really fun, trippin' up the motobugs, and at the same time it was really pretty to watch, especially the part were the big ass ship was appearing out of nowhere and wondering where the hell is sonic? I was so happy it was a race track in ASRT, and that track was super good.

Hopefully see more of it, somehow in some spinoff.

Edit: oh fuck me, ON land. Shit.

Planet wisp? Is that stage good, I'd rather know before writing about that and it ends up not counting as today's question.

XDVbLRS.gif

I really like Crystal Egg a lot; it's so outlandish that it feels like it belongs in an entirely different game. The music is odd but adorable; it gets me kind of nostalgic despite having no nostalgic attachment for the game, probably because it reminds me a lot of the PC version of Icecap Zone from Sonic 3.

Favourite Base...

*snip*

THIS PLACE! It is menacing on the inside, THAT theme plays on the outside, and a GIANT NAKED GOLDEN ROBOTNIK is on the side.

What else is needed in a base? Seriously, I can't think of much to say, but I love that place.

But seriously, Robotnik's hideout from AoStH is the correct answer.

• Thumbs Up 7