Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Why doesn't it count, it's the best version uuuurghh...

Because I personally count it as a boss robot more than a lone Egg Mobile.

What does that even mean? tongue.png

*snip snip snip*

*still striking twelve*

You never learn, hut hut.

You can include a previous day in a post if you want to. However, you'll still miss the badge for the full 30 days if you didn't actually make it in time.

FEFFFFEffffeFFFEEFFEFFEFFFFFFFEFFFFFFFFFEFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Day 7: Favorite Eggmobile

mmmmmmmmmmm

scd-tt-boss1img1.png

richer

I dunno, I've always liked this one. It looks a lot more...MECHANICAL than the others, and it's big without looking awkward. Very easily customizable, too. Yeah, not much I have to say about this one. Haven't really payed too much attention to the Eggmobiles.

But I guess the Heroes one stands out a lot, too, for that weird...trail thing it has. That's a neat effect.

(...I wanted that badge >:C)

This is tricky, since I like all of the Eggmobiles. I guess my favorite would have to be the current one though. Like other people have already pointed out, it's basically a more streamlined version of the Eggmobile from the first game. It also looks a lot more comfortable than the other designs.

What does that even mean? tongue.png

I think he's complaining because you criticized Dr. Eggman's competence.

Day 7: Favorite Eggmobile

Eggmobile-Sonic4.gif

I don't know why, but I really dig the Sonic 4 one the most. It's simple in design, reminiscent of the older models, and just looks kinda sleek.

...or maybe it's the wings. I dunno. The wings look hella nice to me.

I guess the most recent design. It's a fair bit bigger than the Genesis designs, in a luxurious sort of way. Like he's got plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy it, if he wanted to (especially compared to the Advance design, which I don't think is physically big enough for him to fit in unless it passes through some extra dimensions). It's not just an escape pod, but a throne.

My favorite Egg Mobile is the one from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Why?

'cause it's user friendly no matter who's driving it! Eggy must've had a habit of leaving his keys on the dashboard in that game...

Don't forget the Egg Robo that pilots in when you're playing as Knuckles! It's one of my favorite Egg Mobiles for that same reason. Second place goes to Unleashed.

Day 7: Favorite Egg Mobile.

tumblr_myzfktDo4Y1su4rcao1_500.gif

Sonic CD had my favorite. Look at this thing. It's like a flying snowmobile. All of the other ones look super spherical or futuristic but this one looks like Eggman made it in his garage. I WANT one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 7: Favorite Egg Mobile

I actually really like it as it appears in Sonic Adventure. The same design appears in Sonic Shuffle as well. 

maxresdefault.jpg

What eeeevil invention should I use this time?

This incarnation is based off of Sonic Adventure, but it comes outfitted with a 16 ton weight to crush the poor sucka who was furthest from the Sta- er, Precioustone. In the process they lose rings basically as a way of telling the player to get fucked. 

So hardcore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always liked the one from Unleashed onwards the most. It looks modern with it's sleek-look despite it's roundness, has cool-looking controls (And a button with Chaos Emerald-coloured lights around it :D) not to mention looks like it's rather comfy to sit in given that roomy upholstered seat.

The futuristic-looking jets and the classic black and yellow stripe decal just finish it off and make it look great and classically Robotnik.

And minor note but I noticed that Eggman's Egg Typhoon in the first Sonic Drift has an insignia on it that is present on Wing Fortress;

Robotnik_pose_3.png

WingFortressEggman.jpg

Is that Eggman's icon in the classic era? Distinctly different to the emblem of his face in the modern era. I guess Eggman just got more and more arrogant with time, substituting a stylized signature-like icon with one of his own face.

• Thumbs Up 4

PRESIDENT CROW'S DAY 7 OF HOVER MACHINES!

SA1_EggHornet.png

Sonic Adventure's Egg Mobile!

Yeah I know that's the Egg Hornet but I can't find any screens of the actual Egg mobile so make do.

Eggman's Egg Mobile in Sonic Adventure is pretty huge compared to others and comes with a comfortable inclining chair. Its not designed like traditional Egg Mobiles and is quite bulky compared to them. But sheese they made it look pretty awesome. If anything it looks like the perfect getaway vehicle and it oddly looks faster with it having jet boosters which you rarely see any way device that lets the Egg Mobile fly. I find it to be really cool. On that note I'll admit I do love the Egg Hornet and how awesome it looks. Its probably one of my favorite Eggman mechs to day despite it being an easy boss.

I can't say any of the Egg Mobiles ever really had any significance to me. If I had to choose a favourite for this case, it would be - 

Sonic_1_Sonic_vs_Eggman.gif

The original, for starting the iconic design of the basic Egg Mobile, allowing it to be adapted for all kinds of different menacing contraptions for the games, and be re-invented for future games so it retains a retro feel while still feeling technologically advanced.

Question #7: Which Egg Mobile design(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

tumblr_n0lk33w5AZ1s201hzo1_400.giftumblr_n0lk33w5AZ1s201hzo3_400.gif

I like the Sonic Boom version.

It's similar to the Classic and Modern look, has these glowing lights on the sides, and even has a part in the back for Dr. Eggman to enter and exit it...

….how does he get inside the Egg Mobile in the main canon? Does he just climb into it every time? Does it have a door that opens or something?

• Thumbs Up 5

tumblr_n0lk33w5AZ1s201hzo1_400.giftumblr_n0lk33w5AZ1s201hzo3_400.gif

I like the Sonic Boom version.

It's similar to the Classic and Modern look, has these glowing lights on the sides, and even has a part in the back for Dr. Eggman to enter and exit it...

….how does he get inside the Egg Mobile in the main canon? Does he just climb into it every time? Does it have a door that opens or something?

I would say he proably has a rope ladder, or a special robot

I can't say any of the Egg Mobiles ever really had any significance to me.

Some Sonic fans just want to watch the world burn.

Probably the modern design really, i've never really paid too much attention to the egg mobile before but I did always have a soft spot for the egg design in unleashed, I always thought it had a pretty neat design.

Day 7: Favorite Eggmobile Design

....... This is yet another facet of the series that I just do NOT pay attention to. Egg Mobiles are like sedans to me: they pretty much all look the same. As such, I can't even recall any unique details of each off the top of my head to even bother discerning different choices. The only one that's the most easily-distinctive to me is the one from--

Note: No, the Egg Walker from Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't count. Hahahaha.

cam-face-1.png

Come ON son! Why would you disqualify the best choice? WHY?!

Well, can I just mooch off of someone else's answer and say the one from Sonic Adventure then? Because.... well... fuck, I don't know what you want from me. ;~;

• Thumbs Up 1

bgwf37.gif

I imagine he jumps in and out of it like he does in Sonic X. He does have long legs after all tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Some Sonic fans just want to watch the world burn.

....... This is yet another facet of the series that I just do NOT pay attention to. Egg Mobiles are like sedans to me: they pretty much all look the same. As such, I can't even recall any unique details of each off the top of my head to even bother discerning different choices. 

Mwahahaha. See Crusher, I'm not the only one. NEP UNDERSTANDS ME. <3

Like Nep and Brad I honestly never really paid much attention to the different Eggmobiles.

If I HAD to pick, uh...  the one from the classics and the modern one I guess...? *shrugs*

The modern Eggmobile is probably my favorite. It has a really nice design...yup.

Come ON son! Why would you disqualify the best choice? WHY?!

Because it's an Egg Walker. Not an Egg Mobile.

cutscene2.jpg

eggmobile_lineart_by_eggmanlisaforever-d 

Special mention of his Sonic X eggmobile, really digging the wings and the antenna/probe thing underneath, and I just generally like something that obviously looks man made with all the bolt indentations on the side, specially love the rocket launcher pods too and the overall detail in the cockpit.

Crusher, why must you pick such an off the wall question?

Anyway, Egg Mobiles. Honestly, I've never paid too much attention to the design. That being said, I've always, always liked its design in Sonic 3 & Knuckles;

He%27s_up_to_something%21.png

It's a simple design, sure, but that's why I like it. The combination of black and silver, with those orange pipes connecting them just gels with me, you know? Plus I like the fact that he actually thought ahead to add a glass dome over the cockpit. I mean, yeah you can still attack him, but at least he was trying to think ahead.

Unlike every OTHER time.

Plus, you get to ride in it. How awesome is that, to ride in your own arch-enemy's machine? It would be like if Mario ever rode the Koopa Clown Car.

I will say that I do like the Sonic X Egg Mobile, even though I might not care for that show's version of... well, Robotnik himself.

Unlike every OTHER time.

You're nicked.

(Also, Mario does take control of a Clown Copter in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, albeit a much smaller one.

Egg Walker's a modified Egg Mobile and the word mobile doesn't indicate flight. I'm not sure why you wouldn't count it.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Robotnik's airbike from Sonic CD's bad ending:

PdymEvJ.png

It's small and dinky, and it doesn't look like it works properly whatsoever. To my knowledge it hasn't appeared anywhere else, not even in the actual game. There's not much I can really say about it, but I just think it's amusing that Robotnik has this rickety little thing that isn't even fast enough to make a clean getaway.

• Thumbs Up 1