Awoo.

Dr. Crusher Presents: The 30 Days of Sonic the Hedgehog (sponsored by PowerVerte)-Fin, PAGE 150

Dr. Crusher

Th Egg Mobile with the Mind Control Ray incorporated is kind of cute

amAVLwm.png

It looks like a rounded head with closed eyes and two thin arms in place of the ears.

If I had to choose just one though, this is definitely my favourite:

Perpetual_Robotnik.gif

Mostly because of nostalgia: back in the '90s, when I liked to visit Arcades to watch the other guys play, I often saw this "flying wrecking ball" in the monitors. I was fascinated by it (and I was also wondering why the doctor smiled for the camera everytime he was hit...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Question #7: Which Egg Mobile design(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

My favorite Egg Mobile designs, huh…

Well, while I like all of the designs that the Egg Mobile over the years, there are two that I’ll always think more fondly of than others.

Mindcontrolyeseggman%27skindasexy.png

Let’s just get this out of the way: the “Modern” Egg Mobile is my favorite design of the machine in the entire series. However, while this particular design is generally the same as in those other Modern games, this one carries one cool distinction: the Hyper-go-on Mind Control Cannon. Perhaps it’s just me, but I actually like that this one actually has a built-in weapon on board. And plus, the weapon itself is aesthetically appealing. Shame that the weapon was only used once, but still, I like it bunches.

06_Eggmobile_02.jpg

Ah, yes, the Egg Mobile from Sonic 2006. I’ve already alluded to my grievances with Eggman’s design from that game a couple days ago, but I really do like the Egg Mobile design here. Not only does it really look like something that could actually exist in reality, but I also dig its sleek, grey Egg Hornet-ish appearance. I also really like how spacious it looks -- it doesn’t look as “cluttered” as the Egg Mobiles of days past.

Again, I like all of the Egg Mobiles, but these two are my current all-time favorites.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: Favorite Egg Mobile Design

All designs of Dr. Eggman's infamous flying vehicle all look great! From the design of it in Sonic 1 to the brand new Sonic Boom design, the Egg Mobile never ceases to amaze me to be so compact yet so efficient as a device with all the things that it can do. Anyway, after too many amazing designs of the Egg Mobile over the years to choose from, I am going to have to go with the design from Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

i14ileQ.png?1

I like how it is smaller and more simple in design compared to previous versions of the Egg Mobile, yet it is very effective as seen here being able to take away the huge Master Emerald as well as fending off Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. Impressive!

Jgf1BL0.jpg?1

I8cBxpU.jpg?1

Bonus Points for both Sonic and Tails riding around in this design of the Egg Mobile. Especially Tails. biggrin.png Looks like the Egg Mobile is both user and shield friendly as well!

Runner-up has to the the Sonic Unleashed Design:

0OWIAQK.png?1

It looks rather roomy, and Dr. Eggman seems to be very comfortable while riding in it. Looks like it has all kinds of cool and flashy buttons and gadgets. And this Egg Mobile has an Easter Egg of the Dreamcast. Easter eggs are awesome. smile.png

I'm serious when I say that every single version of the Egg Mobile looks amazing. Forget flying cars being around in the future, I want to be able to travel around in one of these with the ability to fly over traffic and being able to do so in style one day! tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 7 Challenge: Favorite Egg Mobile designs

Challenges 6/30 Completed

tumblr_mp2ovoOcrF1sn7paqo1_400.jpg

You actually mean that the Egg Mobile design changes each game?! What is this madness?! 

Well, honestly, this is quite an interesting question mostly because I never noticed the different Egg Mobile designs. Seeing how I can't say Egg Walker since that's banned... 

ArchieEggMovile1.png

I guess I'll simply go with the one from the Archie Sonic The Hedgehog comics and call it a day. The Egg Mobile here still ultimately looks like an Egg Mobile that you'll see from the SegaSonic The Hedgehog games. It still allows Dr. Eggman to get to places, equip to other machines to battle, and even escape. The main difference from the game version is when it bust out the weapons. 

ArmedMobile024.jpg

It's completely random, funny, yet quite deadly. It's something so out there and it only shows how wacky Eggman can be with the hands and slingshot, yet it's quite deadly because it has guns attached. It easily makes it stand out compared to other Egg Mobiles mostly because if Eggman can't get to any other creations, then he can at least try to fight (and defend) himself with these weapons. 

Even if Sonic does destroy his Egg Mobile...

Defeated.png

That doesn't mean...

Defeated2.png

He's not able to grab a weapon from his broken Egg Mobile to continue fighting!

Defeated3.png

Challenges 7/30 Completed

• Thumbs Up 5

Day 7: Favorite Egg Mobile Design

The Egg Mobile from Unleashed looks the best to me. It's the got a great blend of style, comfort and functionality. Roomy enough to relax in, but still bulky enough to serve as a battle-ready machine.

Oh for once I feel like I have one that hasn't been mentioned yet (thus will include a picture for illustration).

w5yv.png

Sonic Advance 3.  It's one of his least Egg-shaped ones - I liked Advance 1 and 2 for giving a modern look for the round shape - while this one is sort of like if you took the round shape away from the modernisation of Advance 1 and 2's.  I dunno I kinda like the tucked in sort of ones where he's crammed into a small space, even though the modern design with it's huge comfy seating has its own charm.

You can include a previous day in a post if you want to. However, you'll still miss the badge for the full 30 days if you didn't actually make it in time.

Blegh this is kinda lame.  Not everyone has the time (and also sometimes in my case memory) to get on here and post something meaningful every single day.  I'm pretty sure the 30 days of video games topic didn't have such harsh time limits.  Naturally posting every single day's thing 5 days after Day 30 would be ridiculous but a bit of leeway would have just been, I dunno, nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jgf1BL0.jpg?1

I8cBxpU.jpg?1

Have to agree with this. I remember the first time I played Sonic 3, seeing Sonic jump into the good Doctor's Egg-o-Matic just seemed...incredible. Partly because it showed how relentless Sonic was in his quest to stop Eggman, but also the "I'm gonna steal your ride and not give a fuck" baddassery of the gesture as well.

Also, despite always being damaged by being jumped on, it took a full strength punch from Knuckles without a scratch. Knuckles can punch so hard he can knock the Super right out of Sonic, yet this specific Egg-o-Matic takes no damage whatsoever.

If only Eggman made all his machines like that one...

Oh for once I feel like I have one that hasn't been mentioned yet (thus will include a picture for illustration).

w5yv.png

...I mentioned it in my own introductory post for this question.

Blegh this is kinda lame. Not everyone has the time (and also sometimes in my case memory) to get on here and post something meaningful every single day. I'm pretty sure the 30 days of video games topic didn't have such harsh time limits. Naturally posting every single day's thing 5 days after Day 30 would be ridiculous but a bit of leeway would have just been, I dunno, nice.

With all due respect, you do have a full 24 hours for each question. I don't really see how that can be harsh...

Also, despite always being damaged by being jumped on, it took a full strength punch from Knuckles without a scratch. Knuckles can punch so hard he can knock the Super right out of Sonic, yet this specific Egg-o-Matic takes no damage whatsoever.

If only Eggman made all his machines like that one...

The way I interpret it, if Knuckles had used his full strength, it would've sent the thing flying. He was probably just being annoying for no reason at that moment more than anything.

...Or it just goes to show the spin attack is ridiculously powerful in that it can damage something that Knuckles' punches can't damage. :P

...I mentioned it in my own introductory post for this question.

...I read every single post and yet had no memory of it by the time I reached mine whoops lol

With all due respect, you do have a full 24 hours for each question. I don't really see how that can be harsh...

Just seems unnecessary. Some of us enjoy taking part but do have jobs and personal projects that may distract enough to manage to forget to check in to the topic every now and then, not to mention that sometimes someone literally may not be able to get online due to RL stuff.  I don't see how a zero tolerance lateness policy makes the topic more fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just seems unnecessary. Some of us enjoy taking part but do have jobs and personal projects that may distract enough to manage to forget to check in to the topic every now and then, not to mention that sometimes someone literally may not be able to get online due to RL stuff.  I don't see how a zero tolerance lateness policy makes the topic more fun.

It might not be the best method admittedly, but it is a way of motivating members into posting. That might sound like a crap reason, but there isn't really much we can do about that.

Also, I should remind you that there are other badges for ten and twenty days, not just the full thirty. So it's not like all is lost should you miss out on one day.

I'm quite a fan of the Egg Mobile in Boom. I like the simple, clean exterior and the lack of a chair.

It less resembles a vehicle in Boom, and more like a portable podium- a perfect mode of transport for a man who loves hearing his own voice.

Shout out to the one from '06 for similar reasons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 7: Best Egg Mobile

The Unleashed-Lost World design. Looks spacious, comfy, and it's an all-around good looking piece of flying machinery. 

Favorite Egg-mobile design:

The Sonic 4 Egg-mobile:

Eggmobile-Sonic4.gif

Its just the original Sonic 1 design...but in 3D. I like this one, sees it as the most simple design and the easiest to draw. Its the 1st design, I have the most love for this design over the others.

Question 7:

My favourite Egg-mobile design would be from Sonic 3&K. Seems to have more intricate detail than in the previous games. I like how creative they are and look:

carnivalnight22.png

Special mention to the legendary Big Arm boss design.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm also fond of the egg-mobile in Sonic 2. Gotta say I love the design of the boss in the recently restored Hidden Palace zone.

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-2-screenshots.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: favourite egg mobile design

I don't really have a lot to say about this, I've never liked the ones in Heroes, X, Battle or the Advance series, my favourite egg mobiles are probably the one in Sonic Adventure (with Egg Hornet added, why not), the one in Unleashed, and the Big Arms model.

Man I got behind dang! I'll spoiler some.

Day 4: Favorite First Bosses:

- Egg Wrecking Ball

Because it's the first and- a pretty cool concept this is one of my favorites!

- Big Foot (SA2 Hero)

I really like SA2 and one of it's strong points is this boss, I like the before hand banter even if it's kinda corny. The overall boss is pretty good besides some of the camera angles. I like how you have to aim for the actual cockpit, it's also kinda funny that you can't aim for the whole robot seeing as that's usually how Sonic does it.

- Hot Shot (SA2 Dark)

Pretty much for the same reason as Big Foot but I like how they were able to change the atmosphere so much even if through just through a different arena, it just felt more like a "Shadow" boss fight, in a good way. And it was very awesome feeling even for the same fight.

- Egg Hawk

I like the aesthetics and the idea of this boss fight. I really like the design of the [mech?] itself. I think this would fit really good in like Unleashed, that'd be awesome.

- Egg Beetle 

Well I picked this mostly because. Because. How it was done mostly. Even though it's not as awing as it was for others, for me but it still offered this fun, fast paced fight. I like the gorgeous environment and how you blast through it. The banter while not much is very 'fun'? I should say. It really does make me feel awesome seeing Sonic taunt Eggman so 'organically'. "Same as ever I see- all bark no bite!" That line really does feel like Sonic. 

Day 5: Sonic 06's Funniest Animations.

Oh man this is just hilarious. 

I'll list a couple of my favorite funny 06 animations.

- Sonic's "mach speed hurt" animation.

Okay, really who thought of this when designing this animation, no offence to them but this just came out more hilarious then it should have. Sonic breakdancing to doom in the horizon. Ahh, 'good' times. Now we need break dancing Eggman to dance into the horizon with Sonic. 

- Eggman's Ejector seat animation.

The fact that he still has his hands behind his head while he's facing doom is freaking hilarious! "Well you got me. It's over... all over..." But then he flies backwards as if the wind took him away- which is what I thought, at first. But then through you guys' post I realized that he hits that dang grabber claw and bounces off. What. The. Heck. 

- Shadow kick's Silver.

It truly show's Shadows ability and- the hilarious motion of Silver taking a kick to the back of the head in a slow slightly well animated fashion. I just really liked seing Silver get kicked. Not cause I don't like him. But after playing his story, he needed that. 

- The NPC's nuff' said.

Nuff' said. "Oh oh!" "Heeyy!" "Eyy! Oh oh" Just look at him fail his arms in such a "realistic" fashion. I do that when I talk all the time. 

== Closing thoughts ==

Yeah I would have liked to post more but I just mustered up the time to post this one. I will get onto the next day(s) soon!

EDIT: DAY 6: First Game Completed:

Sonic Adventure 2. Yeah, I had finally gotten a memory for my gamecube because my Dreamcast copy of SA2 had bit the dust. And finally. Finally I gathered all my power to finish Dark Story and Crazy Gadget. Then "Boom", I saw "LAST STORY". Oh my gosh was I excited! I was freaking on the edge of my seat seeing all of the events unfold! It was so good and too good, to be true. I was excited because well it was my first game truly completed! I did it all I beat Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, and even Sonic in their respectful stories. I was really excited to see how a Sonic game actually ended. It also gave the courage to finally tackle big the cat and amy rose in SA1.

== Closing up the Day 6 ==

Even though when I first started this. I wasn't in it for the badge. I thought it'd be a nice extra, but it's kinda saddening seeing as my internet was down during a couple of days :< It's okay though, I guess.

But I'm looking forward to posting for Day 7! This time I'll try to add pictures. I like most of these questions so far. Can't wait till crusher says, "Oh, you're not going to get awaaay with this!" Unless he already did : P

P.S.S. You took SA2 Eggmans Egg Walker - Egg mobile off the list. WHAT AM I POSTING- FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! (:< I was so hyped to post that as one of my favorites. Good topic so far though. Great job guys. (Sobs in the corner))

Eggmobiles? Most of 'em look the same to me... but I guess I'm a pretty big fan of the modern Eggmobile design used in Unleashed. It's sleek and cool, it has a Dreamcast for when Eggy gets bored, and it fits the style of the game pretty well. 

Day 7: Favorite Egg Mobile Design.

Oh, this is gonna be a tough one but I guess I'm going to have to go with the Sonic Advance trilogy design. It just adds a nice modern flavor to a classic look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7: Favourite Egg Mobile

The villanous villain Dr Eggman cannot make an entrance whenever he has to face off Sonic and his friends without flying around on his signature vehicle the Egg Mobile. Across many entries in the series we have seen the genius doctor on board of his iconic carrier and, in most cases, as part of a boss fight either as a revamped version of the Egg Mobile itself or merged as a cockpit in one of his inventions. As far as the Egg Mobile itself goes, I could mention the good ol' version featured in Sonic The Hedgehog and call it a day, but admittedly there are different variations, so if I gotta pick a specific version it'll be...

sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

Sonic Unleashed's Egg Mobile

It's the Egg Mobile brought to modern standards, especially in regards to its interior design. From the cutting-edge dashboard to the sleek and comfy seats, that Egg Mobile looks so damn cool! Oh, and as the genius doctor he is, he also has got some class by having a SEGA Dreamcast next to him! Perhaps so he can play on some Sonic Adventure 2?

Question #7: Which Egg Mobile design is your favourite?

What a random question. I can't really name a favorite Egg Mobile design because it is always basically the same thing only with a few attchments here and there during boss battles.

To tell the truth, I never noticed that the thing changed. I mean, the post classic games version looks the same, just in 3D. The changes are barely noticeable at all.

9GavhbE.png

Eh, at least the Sonic Battle one used a different color, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

About the games Eggman takes with him in Unleashed (and I like to think he always has them happy.png )

sonicunleasheddreamcast_zpsb98c4f05.png

The one on the left is definitely Sonic Adventure, but any idea about the other?

Day 7: I came on here just to post on this thread while im ill, I can't miss a day *eye twitch*

Hmm my favourite Egg Mobile design is definately the Sonic 3 & Knuckles one. The shape is pretty much perfect for ol' eggy to fit in snugly and I think deisgn wise Eggman nailed it!
I am also quite fond of the current model for the Doc's mode of transport, it is a nice mix of Sonic 3 & Knuckles' Eggmobile and the clasic Sonic 1 Eggmobile. It also seems slightly larger than those in the classics, enabing Eggman to stand up and move aroud within the cockpit, something I imagine being bery difficult in the classic Eggmobiles. Special mention to Unleashed Eggmobile for the little piece of SEGA fanservice putting the Dreamcast in there, i'd love to install a console in my mode of transport I bet he is constantly playing Space Channel 5 ;)

Question #7: Which Egg Mobile design(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

So I admitted in my status yesterday that I wasn't aware there were so many Egg Mobile designs. I just don't pay a lot of attention to Eggman, I suppose...

But as I thought about it, I decided on his Sonic R Egg Mobile (and Egg Walker wasn't allowed *grumble*):

Robotnik_51.png

This thing is simple, but I don't necessarily like it for the aesthetics, but how it functions. Collect some rings, shoot other racers, good times are had. While I hardly use Eggman any time I feel like firing up Sonic R, I do occasionally like just messing around and having Eggman stake out a part where all the racers will come through and let one of them have it. I dunno, I suppose that just amuses me.

Wish I could say more, but I'm not exactly an Egg Mobile Connoisseur...