Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I like how we're judging content from an episode that hasn't even aired yet. Just throwing that out there.

It has aired, in France.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the Mario Bros. Z reboot is looking really good!

Hidden Content

All aboard the Ass Kicking Express!

Suddenly comparing him to Monsoon from Metal Gear just got that much more apt, since Monsoon has a similar attack.

• Thumbs Up 2

You and me both, man. I feel this show honestly deserves a second season and better advertising-- I cannot stress that enough. Really, if it wasn't for the fact that Sonic has such a large fandom, a sizable portion of which was willing to give this new show a try before it aired, it might not have done so well.

Count me in on that as well. I really wished CN would actually give it proper time slots instead of just Saturday and Sunday mornings and just flooding the schedules with Teen Titans GO! and how about airing episodes during the weekdays at a time where kids can actually see the show. Better advertising is definitely a huge plus to this show.

Now as for Season 2, if it'll happen; I just kinda hope that they actually make it better than the first one. Now, as much as I really liked the first season; I feel like it could do a lot better in some areas like the writing and animation as well if given a bit of a bigger budget for it. That's my two cents for that at least for the moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm really hoping they make the finale longer than 11 minutes.

It really is looking far too intense and action packed to be limited to the regular short episode. I can't help but feel there'd be a lot more potential.

...unless. End the episode on a cliffhanger, to be continued in Sonic Boom: the One Hour TV Special?!

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I hope, it's probably going to stick to 11 minutes but hey, they managed to make a lot of stuff happen so who knows what Denton & Hahn will make do with this situation.

It'd be so cool if they tied it into a special.

It'd be far preferable to confining a story to only 11 minutes.

...never mind, making a game based on a follow up. As awesome as it would be to see a game where Shadow's a kickass villain again... after the Rise of Lyric debacle, I'm scared of there ever again being a Sonic Boom title.

ERMAGAD So many spoilers. 

The Shadow selfie is my favourite so far. Shadow's like "...Seriously?"

And those fight scenes... 

SOMEBODY JUST GOT Fukken+rekt+_b6d8680071457cfa96ae9303449

I had to post that

Anyway, it'd be cool if it's a special, and that we'd get a Season 2, but it's the writer's choice (I think) on whether or not it should continue. I really wanna see the last episode so bad, but I don't wanna see it go...

And yea, CN should promote this show more. They should've done it when Boom was coming back from it's hiatuses (did it do that?).

it'd be cool if it's a special, and that we'd get a Season 2, but it's the writer's choice (I think) on whether or not it should continue. I really wanna see the last episode so bad, but I don't wanna see it go...

If you mean the show itself, that'd be SEGA's choice. So long as the merch keeps selling and the views stay high, I imagine SEGA will happily renew it.

If you mean a special, that itself would probably also be SEGA's choice. Likely with a lot of input from Cartoon Network because they'd have to bump other shows out of their time slot.

I can imagine that SEGA probably want a second season, there is Fire & Ice coming out next year after all. However, I can't help but think that they might take the show to another network in the U.S if there is a second season. From what I can tell, it seems to be doing pretty well in the UK and I think France though. 

"So, what? Shadow is just randomly a villian in this yet again for no apparent reason?"

Don't know if this is entirely true or not, but apparently, the synopsis mentions that Eggman broke Shadow's lawn chair and now Shadow is essentially following Eggman around and doing as he asks until he gets him a new one, which is also a good way of comedically bringing in a darker/ more serious character. I don't remember where I heard it from, but it's backed up with this image.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/90b1fc9f326cb051f25744827d513120/tumblr_inline_nv3lq4Af6B1t3qwi8_540.jpg

See the broken chair behind Shadow? The guy just wants to chill in peace!

So how long until people nickname that chair ''Maria''?

On a serious note tho', I'm a bit worried because Shadow's VA still didn't get his voice right as of Boom, and him being here for one episode won't help that at all.

Also notice how Sonic in the Gif has something in his wrist. Enerbeam, anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

On a serious note tho', I'm a bit worried because Shadow's VA still didn't get his voice right as of Boom, and him being here for one episode won't help that at all.

We can only hope the voice director has helped out with this issue. I mean, you know, some.

Also notice how Sonic in the Gif has something in his wrist. Enerbeam, anyone?

I believe that would be the wrist communicator Sonic regularly uses to keep in contact with the members of his team that aren't currently around him, if I'm not mistaken.

I can imagine that SEGA probably want a second season, there is Fire & Ice coming out next year after all. However, I can't help but think that they might take the show to another network in the U.S if there is a second season. From what I can tell, it seems to be doing pretty well in the UK and I think France though. 

If that happens, maybe it'll show up on Disney XD, alongside Yokai Watch. Then Disney Infinity 4.0 will have requests put in for Disney Infinity Hybrid figures of Sonic the Hedgehog and of Pac-Man from Ghostly Adventures, just because they have shows on Disney XD! If they were playable in Disney Infinity 4.0, they would be exclusive to the amiibo systems! I mean, with the turn of a knob, they can go from Disney Infinity figure to amiibo figure. You could use Sonic for the Olympics and Smash, and Pac-Man can be used in Smash.

A second season would be great, but only if it came next year. It would be a middlefinger to alot of countries who cant watch the show on tv, because(sorry if its like spam) europe, asia dont have the show, and they must watch it in english, and alot of people hate some english  VAs of the show

If I remember correctly, Blii said there would be a movie episode, but I think the said episode was "Eggman the Auter" all along. 

Fire and Ice is said to be connected to the series....

Are they waiting for the show to get over and then release the game?

Tails uses the enerbeam the most in the show, he activates it with his belt. 

And Kirk Thorton is better as Orbot, Barker, rather than Shadow TBH...

Don't think there's anything wrong with having Shadow a grumpy villain again, like he was in RoL. It's not like Maria exists in this universe or anything like that; this Shadow is his own character, with his own rules.

Though I have to ask... why, if the lawn chair synopsis is correct, is Shadow following Eggman around doing what he wants if he broke his lawn chair? Shouldn't he be beating the tar out of Eggman instead if he's refusing to owe up to the damages he's done? Seems a little too tame for this version of Shadow, imo.

It looks like at the end of the episode, Shadow lets Sonic and his friends give Eggman payback instead. 

If that happens, maybe it'll show up on Disney XD, alongside Yokai Watch. Then Disney Infinity 4.0 will have requests put in for Disney Infinity Hybrid figures of Sonic the Hedgehog and of Pac-Man from Ghostly Adventures, just because they have shows on Disney XD! If they were playable in Disney Infinity 4.0, they would be exclusive to the amiibo systems! I mean, with the turn of a knob, they can go from Disney Infinity figure to amiibo figure. You could use Sonic for the Olympics and Smash, and Pac-Man can be used in Smash.

I hope not, Disney XD is a channel that many don't have. It ticks me off, because my cable provider used to give me access to Toon Disney, but once it became Disney XD, the channel was blocked off (good thing too, because XD took over all the great Toon Disney shows...) I'd rather see Sonic Boom air on Nickelodeon, it would look nicely alongside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, since both of those shows are computer animated action comedy shows. 

these are some parts of shadow in the episode

Hmm... It's quite disappointing. I think that battle scene is too fast..... and Spin attack is so unstable

Hmm... It's quite disappointing. I think that battle scene is too fast..... and Spin attack is so unstable

The fight's too fast? Doubt it. The clips are clearly speed up, and I very much doubt that's the full fight. It's likely just edited down heavily.

This here's the outcome of Shadow's sideways boot to Sonic's head from the last gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/f23392d6274e75d535114d94b2091487/tumblr_nv48df9PKu1u7kcv9o1_500.gif

YET ANOTHER FACEPLANT FOR SONIC!! AND HE MAKES A CRATER!! THE RUNNING JOKE CONTINUES ONCE MORE!

Sorry for a late reply to this, but he seems to land on his back instead of his face, despite falling head-first. So faceplant gag sadly subverted.

Edited by DarkLight

That's actually a really nice way to end the season, after a big battle. Sonic and friends just tease Eggman as per usual, it's a pretty nice way since that's how it started as well with Sonic teasing Eggman after a nice action scene, so it all comes full circle. But of course, I won't be able to tell what's entirely happening since I don't understand French....