Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Yeah by this point the writers are banking on the Tumblr Sonamy fans, not kids.

That's not a Son/Amy thing. Knuckles is cowering in fear as well. It seems like all three are holding each other.

"GUYS! Wait for meeEEee!" Was hilarious. In all of Knuckles fantasies, he always sees Sonic as his oafish baby brother. I'm also in the camp that Knuckles has a bit of a thing for Amy. Not only are they kind of an item in the alternate dimension, in all of his fantasies, Amy has a crush on him and even in Rise of Lyric, Knuckles tries to have Amy give him a celebration hug and she refuses.  Of course a lot of that could just be his own ego. 

That's not a Son/Amy thing. Knuckles is cowering in fear as well. It seems like all three are holding each other.

"GUYS! Wait for meeEEee!" Was hilarious. In all of Knuckles fantasies, he always sees Sonic as his oafish baby brother. I'm also in the camp that Knuckles has a bit of a thing for Amy. Not only are they kind of an item in the alternate dimension, in all of his fantasies, Amy has a crush on him and even in Rise of Lyric, Knuckles tries to have Amy give him a celebration hug and she refuses.  Of course a lot of that could just be his own ego. 

Look again. If Knuckles were holding Amy and Sonic in fear as well, he would be crouching over a bit, since his arms would normally be up too high to reach them. If you look at Sonic and Amy, Amy has her right hand grabbing Sonic's right arm, while Sonic's left hand is holding Amy's right arm. And who said anything about it being SonAmy related? Although I do think the makers did intend to hide this detail in hopes that Sonic and Amy fans would find it, I never said anything about this image being Son/Amy related. I was just pointing out how funny I thought it was. 

I'm a little late with my weekly take on the latest Sonic Boom episode after a super-busy weekend but better late than never I guess. Anyway... 

"Fire in a Crowded Workshop" was great as I thought it was a very funny episode. Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy's conflicting stories-all which had the story-teller portrayed in a positive and admirable, yet exaggerated light while the other two were portrayed in an exaggerated and negative and idiotic manner-was hilarious! As was Sticks' bouts of shouting conspiracies calling Perci a robot, alien and government agent in each respective conflicting story and running away freaking out was funny as well as random. All for those stories not to even matter at the end because the fire was Tails' fault! 

So many funny moments and observations with Episode 43 that I can only mention SOME: 

XAgY6jj.jpg?2
Amy's alleged temper tantrum at Meh Burger per Sonic's story gets the shenanigans going ;)

svBs8Vm.png?1
Sonic is cool, confident and cocky in his version of what happened...nothing out of the ordinary here! :P

Oh5gMK5.png?1
That pillow looks familiar...it's the same kind of pillow Tails had at his house that Dr. Eggman used for the pillow fights in Episode 2 (Can an Evil Genius Crash On Your Couch For A Few Days?)! :P

jfSUZT5.jpg?2
And that's the only reference to Dr. Eggman you are going to get in this take from me as Episode 43 was the second time that the doctor did not make an appearance. And I did not have a problem with this as Sonic, Knuckles and Amy provided enough entertaining conflict on their own among themselves! :P

6Cb6gd8.png?1

Sonic even acts like a parent in his story: "Kids! Behave yourselves! This is why we can't have nice things!" :P

VBSPuJK.png?1
Knuckles, his hats and his stories :D...definitely gave some Episode 10 ("Dude, Where's My Eggman?) and Episode 35 ("Two Good to Be True") vibes witih Knuckles being the smart suave leader... 

eUVDYwA.png?1
...whereas Sonic was portrayed as a bumbling cowardly idiot :P

m0s2Xi1.png?1
Amy tells her story...everyone except Tails is a charred mess! :)

kGAPe7S.png?2
And this is just sad...In Amy's story Sonic AND Knuckles are cowards! :D

0vgk8p3.png?1
Perci's story has Sonic, Knuckles and Amy acting like idiots...all fighting over a pillow! :D

Knuckles: "Classic Tails...so irresponsible!"  Why did that remind me of this?
JxFN9dP.gif?1
I couldn't resist :D

H5xrzLV.png?2
Blushing Tails is simply adorable! :)

Again, "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" was an episode that I enjoyed very much due to all of the hilarity that ensued. Definitely one of my favorites as it was so hilarious it had me laughing to the point of tears (I totally lost it when wimpy Sonic whined "COME ON GUYS!!! WAIT FOR MEEEEEE!"), which I don't think has happened in a long time even though the show has had me laughing plenty since it has aired. Perci was great too; I really hope that we see more of her in the remaining episodes. Which aren't many unfortunately as far as we know...Oh well. Looking forward to Episode 44 next-even though I have seen it in French already! :P

• Thumbs Up 8

Watched today's episode. Was great to see Metal-Sonic in it... hope we see more of Metal later. :')

Part I found the most funny on this episode was when the mayor got hit by the horseshoe. xD

Well, looks like everyone's favorite robotic doppelganger made one heck of a TV entrance. He certainly proved his worth by withstanding the attacks of and KO'ing the toughest guy on the team with barely any effort.

And yes, this was another great episode. Plenty of chuckle-worthy moments and a pretty good climactic battle that was played slightly more seriously than normal. Let's hope Metal shows up more often; I'd love to see him take on the entire team.

Eh... it wasnt that interesting... and the fight was pretty boring

Um... on what channel should i watch to see if a sonic boom trailer appeared? CN or Boomerang?

As soon as a saw Metal Sonic appear I squealed like a fangirl, something I hadn't done in years. XD now I'm not a crazy insane fangirl when it comes to Sonic (those were my early teenage years), mostly my reaction is just "Meh... okay."

But the moment Metal appeared on screen next thing I knew a wave of happiness washed over me. I guess I was so happy to see Metal appear outside of RoL and you all know my feelings on that game.

• Thumbs Up 1

My thoughts on today's episode. It was alright, but had many flaws, and a very rushed ending. My biggest complaint is how the beginning doesn't add up at all to the ending. The episode sets it up where Eggman's particle accelerator was stolen, and he was so upset. Yet the ending reveals he had Metal Sonic steal it, in order to frame Sonic. Seriously, that ending didn't add up, if Eggman really was faking the theft of his accelerator, then why was he prancing around in private, only to be shocked when a device is missing? It's like the writers made an ending, without properly keeping consistency within the plot's set up.

once again, the townspeople were complete idiots, and they were even dumb enough to take a tour through a villain's lair. The part where they kept gasping was funny though. The ending was so unfair towards Sonic. Here the town wanted the theif arrested, yet when they find out it was Eggman, did they start chasing him down like they did with Sonic? Nope! They just let him get away... It was also a shame that they didn't properly introduce Metal Sonic in this series. Despite having an introduction in Rise of Lyric, the show still gave Perci an introductory episode, yet this episode just revealed Metal Sonic, with no excuse on how Sonic and Knuckles knew him. It doesn't help explain why Eggman hasn't used Metal Sonic before, either.

I was also real confused with how one bit of the episode had Sonic worried about that worker who got knocked out, to the point of finding a way to heal him, yet at the end, he gets knocked out again. Does Sonic get worried again? Nope, he just laughs about it? There's something about this show I've noticed. Whenever Sonic is hanging out with just Knuckles, he acts pretty mean spirited towards other's expenses, as seen in Into The Wilderness, and Bro Down Showdown. 

The plot also felt empty and unbelievable to not have the rest of Sonic's friends involved.you'd think Tails, and Amy would join in to stand up for Sonic, considering how everyone in the town were accusing Sonic as a crook. Sticks would have had a crazy theory of a robot pretending to be Sonic. At least in the episode Don't Judge Me, the writers gave a reason for Amy's absense in the end, because they wanted her to be the saving grace of the episode, while adding some jokes to the situation.

Negatives aside, the episode was funny. Knuckles was the comedy gold of this week's episode. I also liked how Knuckles didn't think Sonic was a theif, and was trying to help Sonic all along. The fight against Metal Sonic was good as well. Th episode is honestly one of my least favorites, but it wasn't all bad.

Edited by SpongicX

My biggest complaint is how the beginning doesn't add up at all to the ending. The episode sets it up where Eggman's particle accelerator was stolen, and he was so upset. Yet the ending reveals he had Metal Sonic steal it, in order to frame Sonic. Seriously, that ending didn't add up, if Eggman really was faking the theft of his accelerator, tnen why was he prancing around in private, only to be shocked when a device is missing?

It was probably just to keep up appearances; I doubt he'd want the risk of Orbot or Cubot blabbing about it (especially the latter). He needed to sound like he was innocent, but really, he was just plotting in secret.

But yeah, now that I think about it, that's somewhat weird. There's always the risk I could be wrong about this and/or sound stupid.

Edited by SonicWind

Actually far as I could tell the episode didn't say if Eggman put Metal-Sonic up to it or if Metal-Sonic acted on his own without Eggman's knowledge.

Actually far as I could tell the episode didn't say if Eggman put Metal-Sonic up to it or if Metal-Sonic acted on his own without Eggman's knowledge.

Yeah, he didn't outright admit it, so the latter option is possible. Metal has had a history of disobeying his master and taking Sonic's destruction into his own hands, even outside the Boom canon.

It might have been Eggman being a great actor. He was able to expertly make it look like Sonic stole the Particle Accelerator, and make it look good for the cameras.

Metal has had a history of disobeying his master and taking Sonic's destruction into his own hands, even outside the Boom canon.

Except that history never happened in this universe. And the one time he did disobey it in the Boom universe was because of Lyric and not his own actions.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except that history never happened in this universe. And the one time he did disobey it in the Boom universe was because of Lyric and not his own actions.

Right. I could have phrased that better.

My point is, Metal's disobeyed Eggman before in the main continuity, so it may have happened here, this time of his own free will.

the way he rushed out in a hurry with nervous sounding excuses made it seem to suggest he was behind it all.

the way he rushed out in a hurry with nervous sounding excuses made it seem to suggest he was behind it all.

I feel when Eggman's scam is revealed that he is the type to admit to it at that point. Plus I'd be nervous too if it was found out that my robot was the one that did everything even if i didn't tell it to do anything. But honestly I could easily see the story going both ways.

I saw the difference between Sonic Boom TV & Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, which are Metal Sonic's eyes. Take a look at these:

image.thumb.jpg.d4b767aaf12c4f0d5b8b5924

Metal Sonic with red eyes in Sonic Boom TV

image.thumb.jpg.e5f341852e3cb5f6850bd42f

Metal Sonic with purple eyes in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Any thoughts?

Btw, in the first photo I posted, that isn't my TV, it is someone else's.

My point is, Metal's disobeyed Eggman before in the main continuity, so it may have happened here, this time of his own free will.

As I said, nothing he did in the main continuity matters. This is a different continuity altogether.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said, nothing he did in the main continuity matters. This is a different continuity altogether.

OK, I see your point. Sorry about that.

I wasn't really feeling it this week. I feel they relied too much on Metal (who looked awesome) to carry the episode, the rest of the episode just fell a bit flat (sorry!)

Except this new universe has no origin stories for anybody for the most part, and it seems to assume you the viewer already know who everybody is... So unless stated or shown otherwise, it’s easy to assume some of the characters are similar enough to their normal universe counterparts even if that thought ends up being wrong later.

I think shadow wont be in this show...

I watched a rol lp( dont ask me why) in the spanish version, and the final cutscene didnt show shadow, SPOILER

after they threw lyric core, the scene faded to the part with the villagers

...so, yeah

I think shadow wont be in this show...

I watched a rol lp( dont ask me why) in the spanish version, and the final cutscene didnt show shadow, SPOILER

Hidden Content

...so, yeah

That is the silliest reasoning for why Shadow won't be in the show.

That's like saying Knuckles wasn't going to be in the series again because he wasn't in Sonic Colours.

• Thumbs Up 2