Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

I had to keep my original post short due to short notice, but what I was getting at was; I really feel some type of way that suddenly all of CN's original shows are suddenly shit and that Sonic Boom deserves to be on its front line up.

Like ok, I like Sonic Boom and all and think its plenty enjoyable on its own, but its pretty average honestly compared to CN's other shows. Yes, Teen Titans Go! (ZOMG WAT! :V) Do I think it needs a better time slot than literally 7am in the morning? yes, definitely. Do I think it needs to be thrown instantly to the front of its line up? No....not really. It needs better ratings for that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess my point is that Boom needs to be advertised more but I guess putting it on the line of CN's more popular shows but if you got a show with one of gaming's popular icons, it would be helpful to have the show atleast more showtime.

This show is nowhere near as good as you guys are saying it is, just saying. 

People are allowed to like this show. Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay so I read the post. Would've been better to have just made that post instead of that awkward first one but that's just me. =P

It feels like you're making a strawman argument. People here just seem to want better treatment of the show (later timeslot and/or more promotion). Not for it to be on the scale of CN's original shows such as being included in their Thursday night block. If one or two people are saying otherwise that only seems to be them. I don't think it's fair to label everyone else as if we're in agreement with them.

To be fair it has gotten ratings that rival their original shows and the network did nothing. Cartoon Network isn't paying any mind to the show's ratings at this point.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the show (as it's one of the only tv programs I watch these days... both in English and French), but I can't really judge the channel it's on because the episodes I receive on early ones that I've seen countless times before.

So in case anyone was growing concerned of another hiatus my Verizon FiOS guide has an episode premiere listing for the 10th. And it's one that has been a long time coming.

12075035_879426755480914_392531587580982

...lol at the rest of the schedule.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh boy, I recall that episode that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles dress up as women as a disguise right?

Oh boy, I recall that episode that Sonic, Tails and Knuckles dress up as women as a disguise right?

It's about a board game that Amy & Dr. Eggman have played, but who knows that Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles could do that?

About time for that episode! Also, we'll be getting Cabin Fever on the 17th.

It's about a board game that Amy & Dr. Eggman have played, but who knows that Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles could do that?

I saw the episode in french and-

They dont.

*shot*

No Robots Allowed had some funny moments. The opening sequence was the best part of the episode. I especially love how they spoofed off of both E.T. and The Wizard Of Oz in one sequence. Sticks riding a bike, and catching Amy while saying " I'll get you, my pretty", then we see that shot that spoofs off of an iconic scene from E.T. I laughed hard during that. Knuckles' mirages were kind of funny, and I liked it when Eggman tried hiding his robots, which caused Orbot and Cubot to try hiding eachother inside a bathroom. 

As funny as the episode was, I must say the writing could have been a lot better. The episode's plot was incredibly dumb, it's a shame that the filler scenes with Sonic and the gang was more entertaining than the actual plot. The main plot being about Eggman's lair being in trouble, because he has robots? That makes no sense, especially since last week's episode involved the city holding a robot fighting tournament...  There wasn't even a good explanation for why robots aren't allowed in the village. Does this mean Tails is a criminal for having inventions? The episode should have written it to have Eggman be charged for causing too much destruction with his robots, to the point where the home owners' association were required to inspect Eggman's lair. 

My final words on the episode: The subplot with Sonic and the gang trying to get through the heat wave was entertaining and funny, but the episode's main plot was poorly written, and had no excuse for why robots were suddenly illegal in this episode. 

So in case anyone was growing concerned of another hiatus my Verizon FiOS guide has an episode premiere listing for the 10th. And it's one that has been a long time coming.

12075035_879426755480914_392531587580982

...lol at the rest of the schedule.

thank goodness, I can't wait to see the next 2 episodes in English. Fuzzy Puppy Buddies, and Cabin Fever looked like funny episodes. 

Edited by SpongicX

thank goodness, I can't wait to see the next 2 episodes in English. Fuzzy Puppy Buddies, and Cabin Fever looked like funny episodes. 

Btw, I've watched both episodes in French, and

Both of those episodes would make you 1000% believe that Sonic likes Amy now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Btw, I've watched both episodes in French, and

Hidden Content

I already knew Sonic liked her, but those episodes had some very nice Sonic loves Amy teasers. I loved how Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks looked at Sonic when he tried acting like he wasn't jealous of Amy possibly dating someone. They had a look on their face like "we knew it all along, Sonic." 

oh.. It seems that Sonic Boom will be aired on South korea either. that's strange... http://m.cartoonnetworkkorea.com/program/view.html?code=332

The first part with the fan is literally pointless, they could've just shown Eggman being fanned by Orbot/Cubot and it wouldn't affect the episode in any way.

The first part with the fan is literally pointless, they could've just shown Eggman being fanned by Orbot/Cubot and it wouldn't affect the episode in any way.

If the Association that Eggman was threatened by succeeded, he could've sold his robots to the Lightning Bolt Society, and/or it would make Sonic so BORED of not having Eggman to battle that HE would use the robots himself, and become an evil nuisance!

They needed some reason to have Eggman get solar panels, or else the malfunctioning robots part wouldn't have happened. 

Not only does this episode do the whole "hiding something from the guests" trope that's in every situation comedy, but why does Eggman have to abide buy their laws in the first place? He's a villain who constantly attacks the village! The fact that he's both a terrorist, yet is still considered a citizen and part of the village community makes no sense at all. Orbot was right. He should have just been menacing to them to begin with.

It's what bothered me with the Metal Sonic episode. Why would the village police care if Eggman's particle accelerator went missing. It's just another device he'd attack them with anyway and then they're gonna arrest the hero of the village (who is for no reason at all hanging out at Eggman's lair) for stealing the local terrorist's weapon?! It makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 4

I get your point, but bear in mind, this isn't SatAM or Sonic Adventure. It's meant to be a dumb comedy. I was a little annoyed with the heatwave subplot though. THERE IS AN OCEAN RIGHT THERE. GO SWIMMING.

Yeah, but with any kind of fantasy element, there does need to be a certain kind of logic.

For instance, Knuckles, DID attempt to go swimming and the tide rolled in from under him. Sonic can't swim at all.

They needed some reason to have Eggman get solar panels, or else the malfunctioning robots part wouldn't have happened. 

They can just show Orbot/Cubot fanning Eggman and we would still know why Eggman wanted solar panels because they literally said that the weather is hot during that scene.

By that logic we could have just looked at the heat wave effect in the first shot of the episode and gone immediately to the broadcast that the storm would be coming because it's apparently supposed to be so obvious why eggman installed solar panels