Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Well...

`Eggman wants to bring the villians to work together agains team sonic, and shadow appears, wanting to defeat him.

Team Sonic builds... a thing.

Eggman makes some team exercises but shadow is bored by them, and says he will defeat sonic alone.

The fight starts. Shadow is defeated by a selfie. He cals Eggman a clown and leaves, most probably wanting a rematch

lol Thanks man but it would be nice to be able to understand what they'e saying since that's missing half the fun.

... Well, that was alright to watch, I guess, though I was expecting it to be better. I still think it should've been a full 22-minute episode.

I wish there will be a second season but so far there's no news regarding a another season. No hints of the team making another one. Which sucks because it's my second favorite sonic cartoon. But, hey, all things have to end. :P 

I personally prefer watching the episodes in another language now, tbh. That way there aren't any poor (at least verbal) jokes to get through and I can substitute my own thoughts and jokes of what they're saying instead. Definitely was better watching the Metal Sonic episode that way, though I do believe that Shadow will end up being the same as I pictured him in the English version. Not much else to take out of "imbecile" than "imbecile", really.

Anyways, was a neat little episode.

Turns out there's not a lawn chair in sight, and Eggman (I guess) invited all the baddies, including Shadow, to a meeting. Shadow gets fed up with their antics, and decides to just leave. Meanwhile, Sonic and co. attempt to build an entertainment center, which I assume was an "evil" deed sent by the lightning bolt society, and take forever trying to build it. In the meantime, Eggman teaches all of the baddies how to be an effective evil villain, and they attack Team Sonic, momentarily knocking them all off their feet. However, Shadow shows up and starts fighting Sonic, telling Eggman that he'll do it himself. (he even hits his eggmobile away from him when he starts bugging him, lol) Eggman get's carried away fanboying over the battle that he gets in the way of all the other villains and their battles, causing them to lose the upper hand. Shadow and Sonic battle to a standstill, but then Shadow uses his Chaos Control to take a surprise attack out on Sonic, resulting in the gif previously found in the thread. Eggman takes a selfie with Shadow, and Shadow's blinded by it, giving Sonic a chance to attack. All of Team Sonic win their battles, Shadow calls Eggman an idiot, and most likely threatens Sonic with a rematch in the near future. Sonic team plays volleyball with Eggman's eggmobile, with Orbot and Cubot talking about something over it, and the episode ends.

I honestly hope we see Shadow more often, if only for the fact that we need a consistent straight-man in this show, imo. Also wonder how Kirk Thornton will handle his roll in the English version

So youre telling me that Shadow get defeated....

By a flash from a selfie?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

That was pretty weak, it had so much potential... but eh.

So out of curiosity, what happened to the Cabin Fever episode and the episode where Amy & Eggman drag Sonic to a convention? 

Just from watching some of episode 52, the trust tests are too funny. The whole time, Shadow just has his arms crossed. And Eggman's fanboying to the point he accidentally causes Shadow to lose. I look forward to seeing the English version.

Also, I have watched all the other episodes, but I just haven't put my thoughts on them. But no way am I going to post my 40 or so thoughts.

So out of curiosity, what happened to the Cabin Fever episode and the episode where Amy & Eggman drag Sonic to a convention? 

It's going to come when it comes.

Also isn't anyone going to comment on how there's another villain we're going to be introduced. You know the guy that has a mech suit that reminds me of Lex Luthor or the Hulkbuster Suit. Wonder if he'll appear in those Robot titled episodes?

Ouch

image.thumb.jpg.962b4e04097ab4eca74c011cimage.thumb.jpg.6316b9f3316bc62416d12109

Ooooh, perhaps this confirms that Shadow has a more personal, racial-pride based vendetta against Sonic that RoL never got to fully establish? Perhaps something to do with the ancients, as well?

Also isn't anyone going to comment on how there's another villain we're going to be introduced. You know the guy that has a mech suit that reminds me of Lex Luthor or the Hulkbuster Suit. Wonder if he'll appear in those Robot titled episodes?

I honestly don't have much to say about that character beyond that he doesn't seem all that more effectual than the other baddies the show has had.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that was interesting.

I like how easily Shadow was able to dominate Sonic when he started to use teleportation, but Eggman's antics cost him the battle.

This is making me kind of wish Boom's games did a better job of building an independent lore. Where did they meet Shadow? What is his grudge with Sonic?

Shadow is a rival in the main timeline, but he doesn't have this sort of "we must fight... just cuz!" thing going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like at the end of the episode, Shadow lets Sonic and his friends give Eggman payback instead. 

I hope not, Disney XD is a channel that many don't have. It ticks me off, because my cable provider used to give me access to Toon Disney, but once it became Disney XD, the channel was blocked off (good thing too, because XD took over all the great Toon Disney shows...) I'd rather see Sonic Boom air on Nickelodeon, it would look nicely alongside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, since both of those shows are computer animated action comedy shows. 

But I don't want to see that Painty the Pirate follow the credits of Sonic Boom, as he says "Are ya ready, kids?" Because Nick is notoriously known for pushing SpongeBob too much! Besides, they already had a show based on game characters: Rabbids Invasion. Also, Daimando should put up the episode, but include his "Shadow Got Owned" Message.

Like in this recap of "Appleoosa's Most Wanted," which should've been a Cutie Mark Map episode, but nooo... In Daimando's videos, Shadow is usually the guy who gets hurt. More recently, by a random falling cow.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

It's going to come when it comes.

I knew that guy looked familiar! He must be the archetect that appears in the epsiode called "Un ami qui vous veut du bien" ("A Friend Who Wishes You Well") In which Knuckles befriends an archaeologist and becomes his assistant, but he begins to keep making mistakes, upsetting his new friend. 
I haven't seen the episode, but my guess why he became a villian is because he got fed up of Knuckles' screwups. I'm interested on what happens in this episode...

Here's a closer look... We're spoilering ourselves....

tumblr_nuzrtfTKj71u7kcv9o3_1280.png

He looks like Dave the intern...

tumblr_nuzrtfTKj71u7kcv9o9_1280.png

The mech... is modeled after Giant Robot/Mega?

tumblr_nuzrtfTKj71u7kcv9o8_1280.png

And another interesting picture in the same episode i think, Why is Tails so happy?

About episode 52, I saw the french version, and I didn't understand some of it... I can't really say how the fight scene was... But the ending kinda had me thinking.... Orbot and Cubot were breaking the fourth wall, but I'm not sure on WHAT. 
Someone thinks that they may be foreshadowing the show's future....

Hidden Content

About episode 52, I saw the french version, and I didn't understand some of it... I can't really say how the fight scene was... But the ending kinda had me thinking.... Orbot and Cubot were breaking the fourth wall, but I'm not sure on WHAT. 
Someone thinks that they may be foreshadowing the show's future....

Tails probably thought the robot was super cool and loved it at first sight.

But I don't want to see that Painty the Pirate follow the credits of Sonic Boom, as he says "Are ya ready, kids?" Because Nick is notoriously known for pushing SpongeBob too much! Besides, they already had a show based on game characters: Rabbids Invasion. Also, Daimando should put up the episode, but include his "Shadow Got Owned" Message.

I'd rather see Sonic Boom alongside that show, compared to those awful shows Transformers, Sick Bricks, and Teen Titans Go!... At least Spongebob doesn't falsely claim the show is your new favorite show within it's commercials. 

I'd rather see Sonic Boom alongside that show, compared to those awful shows Transformers, Sick Bricks, and Teen Titans Go!... At least Spongebob doesn't falsely claim the show is your new favorite show within it's commercials. 

Yeah, but SpongeBob ALWAYS wins the KCAs for Favorite Animated show, because if they had nominated My Little Pony, then THAT show would've won, and it would ibe an insult. Besides which, Watching SpongeBob can make some people stupider, and Nickelodeon treats SpongeBob like he's bigger than Mickey Mouse, as a certain egotistical red-hat-and-Yellow-A brandishing chipmunk once said. I'm talking to YOU, Alvin!

On the other hand, way back in 91, Nickelodeon DID hold sweepstakes for when kids would call in, they would participate in a game, and win a Sega Genesis with a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog, and a matching T-Shirt, I think.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Yeah, but SpongeBob ALWAYS wins the KCAs for Favorite Animated show, because if they had nominated My Little Pony, then THAT show would've won, and it would ibe an insult. Besides which, Watching SpongeBob can make some people stupider, and Nickelodeon treats SpongeBob like he's bigger than Mickey Mouse, as a certain egotistical red-hat-and-Yellow-A brandishing chipmunk once said. I'm talking to YOU, Alvin!

On the other hand, way back in 91, Nickelodeon DID hold sweepstakes for when kids would call in, they would participate in a game, and win a Sega Genesis with a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog, and a matching T-Shirt, I think.

Once again, you're making it sound like Spongebob is worse than Teen Titans Go... Teen Titans Go! is a show that does everything worse than Spongebob. It flat out advertises itself as everyone's favorite show, and the show has more content that is likely to make people stupid, compared to Spongebob. Spongebob never had an episode where the characters try teaching a character the wonders of the bathroom, or an episode where the script is 90% written to use the word "waffles" over and over... So once again, why would it be worse for Sonic Boom to be on Nick? Nick needs more quality animated shows anyways. Spongebob and Ninja Turtles are the only great shows that are still running, where the rest are either awful animations, or even more awful Disney Channel sitcom knock offs. Cartoon Network has plenty of other decent shows anyways, and they have been treating Sonic Boom terribly, so it's not like they're going to miss it. 

Nick approved Breadwinners and that had "rape" in it and Spongebob has been pretty terrible now, I mean the second movie wasn't as good as the first one but it's certainly better than most modern Spongebob episodes.

Boom is just fine where it is, Cartoon Network just needs to get off their ass and advertise the damn show already. Heck, put it next to the line with their most popular shows, it has a following and it would most certainly gain much more views because of it. That 2 week marathon in the summer was an example of this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm. Many people said that Spongebob is not good TV show.. but why? I think spongebob is still better than Sonic Boom and TTG. Plus, I don't know why spongebob is comparable with Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm. Many people said that Spongebob is not good TV show.. but why? I think spongebob is still better than Sonic Boom and TTG. Plus, I don't know why spongebob is comparable with Sonic Boom.

Last I checked, Sonic Boom doesn't make fun of suicide or animal abuse, nor does it constantly chug out ratings traps or shoehorn disgusting images in the viewers' faces.

• Thumbs Up 8

If you want to know, why Spongebob sucks now. Look up Mr Enter's reviews on some of them. Those episodes are the main reasons why the show has gone to shit. The episodes from the the good ol' days still hold up and I will say that they are better than Boom but Modern Spongebob, nah man, it sucks now. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Robot Battle Royale is a great episode. It instantly became one of my favorites. I liked the irony of the opening, when Sonic was bored of how slow the movie started out, only for Amy to explain what a filler is for setting up a plot, only for Tails to burst in and get the plot started. The robot battle was entertaining, and I loved Amy's adoration towards the poodle bot, then she gets sad when it got blasted out of the arena. I also loved the ending.