Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Another hilarious episode in my opinion. I particularly loved the part where Knuckles tells his robot to show 'em what it's made of, and then it crashes into the opposite wall and breaks apart, with the annoyed echidna complaining "That's not what I meant!"

I also thought the ending was hilarious. Can't have Hypno-Bot tipping the scales too much, can we, writers?

Edited by SonicWind
  • Thumbs Up 2

I remember seeing this episode in French, and the whole genre (Robots fighting each other in a tournament) reminded me of the beginning scene of Big Hero 6 for some reason...

Hiro and some other guy use their robots to fight, except that robot fighting is illegal and they are actually betting who's will win first...

"Stupid, or Murder?"

That made me laugh so hard because it came out of nowhere.

"This program is brought to you by lead-based paint and asbestos! The perfect combination for your baby's nursery."

Also kinda cool to see a Tails and Knuckles episode.

I'ma be honest and say while Knuckles is still my favorite of the bunch, I am actually kinda getting tired of him being nothing but dumb. I think they should tone that down a little if and when season 2 happens

• Thumbs Up 1

Has there been a Sonic boom episode where Sonic did not appear once in the episode?

Nope, Sonic was in every episode so far!

But if he was the main focus on the episode or was a major contributor to the plot, that's a different question.

Edited by Puli Soni

I liked this new episode, it had decent animation, I liked the jokes and whatnot....

And it had robots, robots are cool.

But I have to say, that Knuckles was especially grating in this episode. The whole "stupid" thing is really overstaying its welcome.

Now that I'm home from working the late shift tonight I can give my take on the latest episode of Sonic Boom at this point :)

"Robot Battle Royale" was a good episode-much better than the bad episode that we got last week! While I really didn't like way Tails was treated by Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks in the beginning of the episode with their criticism of his invention and instigating when Tails didn't want to join the competition per Knuckles' request, the funny moments throughout the episode still made it a good one as well as other familiar discoveries that I made in line with previous episodes.

Going to get right into some observations/highlights from Episode 45:

MItqcwg.jpg?1
Tails can't catch a break! Once again he excitedly shows off an invention-and he gets dissed for it :( 

xSwXCy2.jpg?1
While I wasn't feeling Knuckles' stupid moment here I did enjoy the interaction between him and Tails. I would love to see more of that in the future :)

gPZ98IE.jpg?1
Tails' Hypno-Bot has twin tails like Tails himself! Knuckles' robot looks like a hot mess :P

DcDNlxc.jpg?1
Seeing a lot of familiar faces among the crowd at the Robot Battle Royale...which takes place at T.W. Barker's Circus Tent! :P Looking hard enough in the crowd I saw both Perci and Zooey! :)

12yYQH0.jpg?1
Sonic and his chili dogs...he looks like a happy little kid here upon getting one :)

qTJpI3P.jpg?1
The robot for Lady Walrus' oldest child is the same hippo riding a skateboard toy that Dr. Eggman had in his pocket in Episode 41 "Bro-Down Showdown"! :P

pt7CjBx.gif?1
Robot Dance Party! :P Among the dancing "robots" are the vacuum cleaner that got blown up after it attacked Sonic and Tails in Episode 8 ("Eggheads") and UT, who was thrown in the lake at the end of Episode 3 ("Translate This")?! So much for continuity! :P

5DH6BaT.jpg?1

The episode almost ends with a happy ending...Here Sonic commends Tails for saving the day-only for Tails to turn around and give Knuckles credit :)

So aside from Tails initially being dissed and taunted by his friends and Knuckles having his stupid moments, this was a good episode that I thought was very funny. It was nice to see all of the references to previous episodes as well at the cameos as those were fun to come across and pick out as well. I have no idea what "No Robots Allowed" is about at this point, but I'm looking forward to it come next week! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Swiping this from Kiah's post-

pt7CjBx.gif?1

First the Stayin Alive mix from Late Night Wars and now the Wanna be Mix from this episode.

I kinda cracked up at this.

Swiping this from Kiah's post-

pt7CjBx.gif?1

First the Stayin Alive mix from Late Night Wars and now the Wanna be Mix from this episode.

I kinda cracked up at this.

Budget brand music. Buy them at your nearest milk store!

• Thumbs Up 1

It was an alright episode. I liked seeing Tails and Knuckles paired together, i think they have good comedic chemistry.

Edited by Myst
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL. Loved The Episode, One of my favourites. I feel the Robot Battle Royale battles were being parodies of Pokemon anime. I Loved the part where the robots were dancing too.

Budget brand music. Buy them at your nearest milk store!

What kind of store sells only milk?

Anyway, I wish that Grant Imahara did a guest voice for the last episode, that would have been funny

Everyone is pointing out how U.T. or the vacuum cleaner makes an appearance in this episode, but no one is going to mention the berry picker (shredder...) Tails built from How To Succeed In Evil Without Really Trying? I find it kind of odd how a few people have questioned why U.T. returned in this episode, since Tails never had an excuse to rebuild him. It makes me laugh that Tails supposedly rebuilt U.T. He didn't let Sticks' destruction of U.T. get in the way of building another. 

Something, something robot pun blah blah blah.

Robot Battle Royale, t'was a good episode for sure!

Knuckles going through the trope of "the dumb guy inventing things with the smart guy" is pretty obvious but it was still a lot of fun seeing him and Tails interact. Of course, it goes without saying but when Sonic, Amy and Sticks starts going all MLG, I cracked up. Seeing the battles was both kind of cool and funny at the same time, but mostly funny. Seeing the Kid Walrus' bot against Obliterator Bot was fun, seeing Lady Goat's Poodle Bot wrecking CC's bot was unexpectedly funny and Vacuumfan 2000 lost because Nerples was funny as well! Also loved how Sonic only got excited for chilidogs and Amy reacting to the Poodle. Also that amazing dance sequence with Spice Girls music, amazing.

Overall, a really fun episode and can't wait to see more Orbot & Cubot antics in No Robots Allowed!

I hope it's just a placeholder, because there is no Sonic Boom listings after this Saturday's episode. It is replaced with the Tom and Jerry Tales Show for the following Saturdays next week. America already got 3 stupid hiatus, the last thing we need is a freaking fourth. France already aired every episode, and it's already been stated that the English voice acting was recorded first, and was all done as early as 2014, so Cartoon Network has no good excuse for giving it breaks. 

Well, I don't live in the US so I found a Cartoon Network US TV Guide and It showed Episode 46. I see the correct episode.

EDIT: I checked the Satuday after and I see Boom but no Episode Number or Title. 

Edited by Inkling Cooper

I didn't know GO! aired Sonic Boom until this afternoon. Of course, they are very early into the show (having just watched episode 8).

Edited by Haalyle
Grammar fix

I hope it's just a placeholder, because there is no Sonic Boom listings after this Saturday's episode. It is replaced with the Tom and Jerry Tales Show for the following Saturdays next week. America already got 3 stupid hiatus, the last thing we need is a freaking fourth. France already aired every episode, and it's already been stated that the English voice acting was recorded first, and was all done as early as 2014, so Cartoon Network has no good excuse for giving it breaks. 

Well, the show was made in France, it makes sense they aired the final episode first

Well, the show was made in France, it makes sense they aired the final episode first

Ok, saying the show was made in France is false. It is made in cooperation with America and France. Without them both, the show wouldn't exist. The show is written and story boarded in America, which is then sent to France to make. Also, it was stated by Bill Freiberger that the English voice acting was done first, and has been recorded as early as 2014, last year. It makes sense that the show was written for English first, because looking at the French episode voice acting just doesn't seem to be as well in sync with the characters, as it does in the English version. The English version doesn't have perfect audio sync either, but it sure fits better than the French language.  The show aired first in America, and then kept a steady pace with France. It wasn't until CN became stubborn jerks towards the show, and started airing 1 episode per week, and taking 3 hiatus breaks, which caused France to really get ahead. 

• Thumbs Up 1