Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

That... Doesn't even make sense. Eggman breaks Shadow's lawn chair, and he does things for Eggman till Eggman replaces it?

Well, like Soni said, Shadow was probably about to bash Eggman's head in, but he somehow saves himself and convinces Shadow to help take out Sonic ( probably by promising that he'll get him a new lawn chair as a reward for capturing Sonic.), along with the help of the Lightning Bolts, Barker and his stunt bears, and whatever other villains they might bring back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's a silly, comical reason but hey fits for a silly, comical show. Don't really see the complaint here.

There's a fine line between silly and stupid. This crosses that line.

No, it doesn't. Eggman didn't just tap him on the shoulder, and Shadow isn't stabbing him in the neck. It's fine.

Edited by Shaddy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the Mario Bros. Z reboot is looking really good!

Hidden Content

Hmm, seeing this does intrigue me a fair bit. Blue boy deserves a fair challenge for once at this point, and it might as well come from his dark counterpart.

At this point, though, I can't help but wonder if this episode's length will be the standard 11 minutes or a full 22. I think this episode would benefit greatly from the latter decision.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dunno about anyone else, but this already sounds promising. I had my reservations about them having Shadow being like how he was in RoL, but the premise and circumstances of his alliance with Eggman sounds it'll be funny. All over a freakin lawn chair. I can almost picture him saying to Sonic while beating him up, "Sorry Sonic, nothing personal, but my chair must be avenged" and Sonic just gives him a "WTF are you for real?" look.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, it's a silly, comical reason but hey fits for a silly, comical show. Don't really see the complaint here.

Even silly comical shows need their jokes to have a logic to them. Basically this is being nonsensical just for the sake of it cause  "LOL Isn't this oh so silly!".

Nonsense/Silly humor can be much more than "Something silly happened > Hijincks ensue":

The joke isn't that "Oh this is so silly". Yes the situation is silly but the joke has layers to it. It is a metaphor for Al Gore's fixation on global warming and a commentary on his own sense of self importance. Other examples would be basically every Monty Python skit ever made.

For a show that everybody in this forum claims has genius writing, the show is definitely nowhere near as clever as other silly comical shows I watch.

Shadow doing favors for Eggman like beating Sonic because Eggman broke his chair is not comedically silly, it's stupid and nonsensical, all it does is make me confused cause wouldn't it make more sense for Shadow to beat Eggman up so he gives him a new chair since he's so powerful?

Even silly comical shows need their jokes to have a logic to them. Basically this is being nonsensical just for the sake of it cause  "LOL Isn't this oh so silly!".

Nonsense/Silly humor can be much more than "Something silly happened > Hijincks ensue":

The joke isn't that "Oh this is so silly". Yes the situation is silly but the joke has layers to it. It is a metaphor for Al Gore's fixation on global warming and a commentary on his own sense of self importance. Other examples would be basically every Monty Python skit ever made.

For a show that everybody in this forum claims has genius writing, the show is definitely nowhere near as clever as other silly comical shows I watch.

Shadow doing favors for Eggman like beating Sonic because Eggman broke his chair is not comedically silly, it's stupid and nonsensical, all it does is make me confused cause wouldn't it make more sense for Shadow to beat Eggman up so he gives him a new chair since he's so powerful?

Allow me to quote myself to answer your quote which quoted a previous quote,lol.

"Well, like Soni said, Shadow was probably about to bash Eggman's head in, but he somehow saves himself and convinces Shadow to help take out Sonic ( probably by promising that he'll get him a new lawn chair as a reward for capturing Sonic.), along with the help of the Lightning Bolts, Barker and his stunt bears, and whatever other villains they might bring back."

Again, we're only seeing snippets of the epsiodes here, and I don't even know if the synopsis is 100% true, but context clues such as a ticked off black hedgehog standing behind a broken chair suggests that it could be legit.

Edited by Miitoons

Well, Kuz', we do have screenshots and GIF snippets to go by now, so it's not like we're flying completely blind with our current assessments on what the episode could be like. It's not that different from talking about, say, a game or a show going by their teaser trailer.

Edit: This post is in response to Kuzu. Things are acting weird on my phone again.

Edited by Komodin

I like how we're judging content from an episode that hasn't even aired yet. Just throwing that out there.

You act like we have never done that before.

I'm just looking forward to enjoying the episode no matter how the heck Eggy manages to get Shadow on his side. I mean, it may just be worth it for the fight scenes alone, given that one GIF.

Well color me interested, Shadow finally appears! And it's the final episode of Season 1 to boot. I really want to see how they'll handle Shadow in this show given with what the synopsis told to us.

and also...

CPVgZ6lWgAAE-G3.jpg

Eggman selfies with Shadow FTW

Edited by Omega Pipe
Issues with the picture

I like how we're judging content from an episode that hasn't even aired yet. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, because we're totally not allowed to make first impressions based on information we've received.

What if, to stop Shadow from making an ass of himself, Sonic and his friends get Shadow a new lawn chair? Then Eggman would be screwed, the Lightning Dolts would be ruined, and TW Barker would be out of it.

You make it sound like Boom's jokes doesn't have any layers and which they do. As I said before, Boom's jokes comes from satire, self-awareness and trope deconstruction.

Shadow deciding to team up with Eggman because Eggman promised to fix his lawn chair or buy him a new one is a trope deconstruction on how two enemies team up. Boom the TV show does a lot of playful twists on action/adventure tropes for example, Sonic and friends realizing that they were going to fight over the fact Eggman wants his trash removed in timely manner in Mayor Knuckles or the fact the girls are only into Justin Beaver's music is because of mind control in Battle of the Boy Bands. Shadow's motivation is another example of playful twists.

So yeah, it's not because "it's just silly". It's clever and a nice dosage of satire. 

But hey, this synopsis could be wrong so I wouldn't hold any judgement until the episode has aired at November. Ah geez, it ends where it began. ; _ ;

So yep, it's not stupid or nonsensical. It's a pretty clever twist t

• Thumbs Up 4

What if, to stop Shadow from making an ass of himself, Sonic and his friends get Shadow a new lawn chair? Then Eggman would be screwed, the Lightning Dolts would be ruined, and TW Barker would be out of it.

why shadow doesn't get a new one by himself...?.. :D

Edited by Drawloverlala
eafsmda,d a!

Just like how badasses don't look at explosions, Shadow takes it a step further and doesn't have money either.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, because we're totally not allowed to make first impressions based on information we've received.

What you've done is basically just accuse a character of doing things with barely anything to go off of it.

• Thumbs Up 7

This here's the outcome of Shadow's sideways boot to Sonic's head from the last gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/f23392d6274e75d535114d94b2091487/tumblr_nv48df9PKu1u7kcv9o1_500.gif

YET ANOTHER FACEPLANT FOR SONIC!! AND HE MAKES A CRATER!! THE RUNNING JOKE CONTINUES ONCE MORE!

Edited by Miitoons
  • Thumbs Up 7

This here's the outcome of Shadow's sideways boot to Sonic's head from the last gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/f23392d6274e75d535114d94b2091487/tumblr_nv48df9PKu1u7kcv9o1_500.gif

YET ANOTHER FACEPLANT FOR SONIC!! AND HE MAKES A CRATER!! THE RUNNING JOKE CONTINUES ONCE MORE!

Well, guess we can check "super strength" off the list of things ol' Shads still has in this continuity...

But really, for Sonic, that's gotta hurt. It's a wonder the guy is still conscious after that crash landing (assuming this scene comes just before the part where Eggman and Shadow stand triumphantly over him).

Edited by SonicWind
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so excited that shadow is for sure going to be in the show, can't wait. Now to hope there's a second season.........

Count me in on a second season of Boom!

It would actually be pretty cool if the episodes were longer and/or have an overarching plot while still having its style of humor. That would certainly make it better!

• Thumbs Up 1