Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

heres a recap of the event from the official segaamaerica youtube channel.

All i hear new is that they are gonna "Poke Fun" at action adventure.

Whatever that means...

It sounds like they're trying to say as much as possible and as little as possible at the same time. While it's a pretty good way to build curiosity, it could end up backfiring if they don't give us some new info once in a while...

I don't know how many people already know this, but I decided to rewatch the trailer in slow motion and I noticed at :54 sonic kicks the robot enemy. 

I don't know how many people already know this, but I decided to rewatch the trailer in slow motion and I noticed at :54 sonic kicks the robot enemy.

I didn't notice that but I knew sonic was gonna have some kicking moves. And I soo hope the combat can be addicting like some beat-em up games.

Guilty of enjoying werehog combats.

If you don't want watch the video, here's a word-for-word transcript:

How many times is he gonna say "branch of sonic" he said like 4 times lol

Edit: also says "sonic boom" "collaboration" 4 times

That's funny for some reason lol

I think Hogfather should change the "world" drinking game to the "new branch of Sonic" drinking game. That way we'll all get wankered.

Saying they did it before does not excuse it, though. At what point did rebranding on every game become acceptable?

Hrrgnggrrhnnn. Gaaah. I don't know if serious or partially serious. So I can't make a reply at the moment.

Windows error!Light is now Shutting Down.

Hrrgnggrrhnnn. Gaaah. I don't know if serious or partially serious. So I can't make a reply at the moment.

Windows error!Light is now Shutting Down.

Hey this game looks alright. Glad to see were getting an adventure-like game for once. what i really want to know more about is the 3ds version. Saying this of course because i do not own a wii u but a 3ds xl. sonic lost world 3ds was a bummer and i did not like alot of it. i hope this will be better and not just a 2d game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Saying they did it before does not excuse it, though. At what point did rebranding on every game become acceptable?

He's pointing out the double standards which are getting quite annoying at this point, even by jerkish fanbase standards.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you don't want watch the video, here's a word-for-word transcript:

Shall I add the word 'collaboration' to the drinking game?'

Edit: Action and Adventure must be important... he's said it 4 times in a row and not expanded on it in anyway.

Edit 2: Wait a second.

"Sonic and his friends put their differences behind them to overcome this enemy"

What? But... since when do Sonic & Co have any differences that prevent them from doing that? We've not seen anything like that happen since the days of Sonic Adventure?

What? But... since when do Sonic & Co have any differences that prevent them from doing that? We've not seen anything like that happen since the days of Sonic Adventure?

Maybe they don't begin the game as friends? If so, it would be interesting to see them develop a close friendship over the course of the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe they don't begin the game as friends? If so, it would be interesting to see them develop a close friendship over the course of the game.

I dunno, the game is sort of described as "four friends go on an epic adventure" or something like that, so I don't think that's really the case here.

He's pointing out the double standards which are getting quite annoying at this point, even by jerkish fanbase standards.

There's no double standard, SatBK is a shitty not-Sonic Sonic game too.

There's no double standard, SatBK is a shitty not-Sonic Sonic game too.

Not what I've heard from a grand portion of the fanbase, let alone something I myself even believe.

I can't imagine you'd have trouble finding people who think SatBK is shitty and plays nothing like a Sonic game. If nothing else, you can be sure that I am consistent in thinking both SatBK and BoomGame are shitty not-Sonic Sonic games, and thus I am not applying a double standard.

You're still going about passing judgment on game who's gameplay you haven't seen in full action? Yeesh.

The way you go about it, makes it sound like you're passing final damning judgment on Boom. Too soon dude.

Shall I add the word 'collaboration' to the drinking game?'

Edit: Action and Adventure must be important... he's said it 4 times in a row and not expanded on it in anyway.

Edit 2: Wait a second.

"Sonic and his friends put their differences behind them to overcome this enemy"

Maybe it takes place after sonic adventure, *runs away*

• Thumbs Up 1