Awoo.

Sonic Boom announced (Wii U/3DS)

Carbo

I can't even remember how jak and daxter played.

It's mainly an open world platformer. The second and third game had more weapons and vehicles added to the mix.

It looks like Sonic Boom is going to be the former and possibly the latter as well in gameplay.

Long as the speed's still there that hopefully won't be a detriment.

Besides the cockfighting going on, we have more juicy news and tidbits from the initial conference!

"Its a game, with a CG animated television series, and there's a world, and the characters interact in it. Hope you like the game."

- Big Red Button Studios

This was already posted yesterday.

by me sad.png

guess it was lost within all the fanboying over what a "REAL" sonic game is.

Before boost REAL HRRGHN = Adventure typeish game after boost = whatever we thought it should be. Really because at first Adventure gameplay was the only 3D we had then we had spinoffs (shadow) that used adventure esque gameplay. Shadow, Heroes to an extent, definitely 06. Then Boost in Rush and Unleashed. Then everyone was all like scatter brained because of mixed opinions on Boost then Lost World which was Adventure but not. It had Mario esque platforming. And now we're here. What is a Sonic game? I saw Sonic roll in the trailer. He homing attacked. Knuckles digged and climbed. Amy swung her hammer. Tails was flying. What isn't Sonic? Fighting. Well 06, Heroes, andShadow wanna have a word with you. So does the SA1 and 2 Knuckles and Amy which look like they did exactly what was in the Boom trailer in those games. Besides ceiling climb. Does the art style make in not Sonic well thats differed too. While samey it still differed title to title.

I mentioned 06, Heroes and Shadow earlier and people are probably gonna be like "well we didn't like it though" then I counter by saying it was still there though, wasn't it. So its a part of that Sonic game right. Therefore? Anyways this is become reverse Shadow. Shadow didn't look like a Sonic game because of its premise even though it had loops springs dashpads blah. Boom doesn't look like a Sonic game because it doesn't SEEM to have those but has the premise of a Sonic game. can't figure us out, I really can't.

EDIT: Shadow didn't look like Sonic because guns and aliens.

Not what I've heard from a grand portion of the fanbase, let alone something I myself even believe.

I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase hate Black Knight.

Can't deny the storybook series had the best portrayal of Sonic though, so it's sort of a 50/50 deal with the Storybook titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I want new info, so I get even more hyped and excited for this game!

Is maybe to early to ask this, but when or can we expect more News, soon? Is it any special days for Sega to reveal game news or anything like that before E3? I don't know if I can wait until June :/ The interviews are interesting and all, but like everyone is saying, they just say the same thing over and over again.

The way you go about it, makes it sound like you're passing final damning judgment on Boom. Too soon dude.

The number of times I got this when I posted my preview on Sonic Lost World.

Luckily I was proved wrong... .... . ... 

Oh hang on...

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh hang on...

And like we did with Super Mario 3D World.

I can be needlessly facetious, too.

• Thumbs Up 8

So stop this pretentious bullshit when you don't know any more than we do at this point.

We actually know quite a bit based on what we've seen and so far the only thing going for it is the following.

* Well the designs look good.

* But they're ex Naughty Dog! That must mean it's going to be good.

The actual tid bits of gameplay shown looks very dull and bland.

Oh hang on...

Yeah you did make some valid points about SLW. That said, it's not always fair to judge a book by it's cover.....

I want to wait for more footage before judging and pushing the panic button.

So guys you know the whole warp speec bit where they have trails and such. During the segment which we see Sonic roll up a ramp he has such a trail until after he's uncurled (almost) so spindash like the previous games? I know this doesn't add much but it could be pertaining towards his speed moves. Or something. Don't know if this was already noticed though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't said much about Sonic Boom yet, still trying to play Sonic Lost World at very sporadic intervals.

I must say that I was initially very disappointed, but that quickly went away if I ignored the one problem with this and the show which is the character designs. Less of the sport tape fetish and less bulk on Knuckles. Cast caring about those aside, I'm actually pretty fucking pumped for this.

Things I'm pumped for;

- I have a Wii U so I could get to play this straight away

- You play as someone who isn't a blue hedgehog for a change, funny to thing the last 3D platformer to have multiple playable characters is Sonic 06 of all games. Knuckles while being gigantic will actually get to use his fucking abilities instead of just being there to make snarky comments at Sonic

- Levels look pretty nice

- Not being made by Sonic Team or Dimps, its been made by new blood who have a history of making classic modern platformers, between the two formats people who worked on Crash, Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper.

This shouldn't be based on what Sonic Team and Dimps did in the past, so I'm this excited I haven't been this excited since Generations (or even Shadow The Hedgehog).

• Thumbs Up 1

Once we get some raw footage, then you can whip your ego out and say "I told you so" all you like. Until then, we really don't want to hear it.

Post your thoughts! Unless they're negative, then we don't want to hear it.

Please Hogfather, don't turn into that guy from last year who hated SLW and then shouted "I TOLD YOU SO!" numerous times over once the reviews came out. You know exactly who I'm talking about and we don't need someone to replace him.

• Thumbs Up 5

So about Tails flying do you think they're taking Sonic Adventure method or classic tap method. Plus with the levels being so big do you think Knuckles glide will, if present, play apart in level design?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well im expecting new info/footage in either late march or early april.

they should really give us teasers every month, that would be perfect!

We have already analysed everything in the trailers/interviews/teasers shown.

Right now i guess we just wait.

kinda sucks because i have school too

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah you did make some valid points about SLW. That said, it's not always fair to judge a book by it's cover.....

I want to wait for more footage before judging and pushing the panic button.

Isn't that kind of what we've all been doing here though, we've all been judging this game mostly based on pedigree whether than the actual game or not, yeah hogfather and the others are being pretty negative about it but we don't really have anything to say that they have no right to.