Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Eligibility Photos

Chris

(I've never beaten a classic Mario before)

kbwOCqm.png?1

yes I had to use gameFAQs for the funky exits in the forest of illusion and chocolate island

yes I am a casual piece of shit

Sonic was better

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, I'm back already ^^;

Here we go with entry Number 4 for me, Megaman X. I've beaten this game before, so it is nothing new to me of course to do so once again. Yes, I do play with a boss weakness guide with me, but I do that in all the Megaman games. If that makes me cheap, sorry ^^; Well either way, my hard playing gets another game out of the way. =)

Sorry if pics are blurry at all. That's the focus.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01111_zps86af0b88.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01121_zps25c15b4e.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01131_zpsb2d06560.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01141_zps8f5f5f75.jpg

Well, I did it.

exnHK2F.png

Cheated like hell to do it, but it's done either way.

This was my first time playing through the game, and I have to say...I really didn't like it? I think it's the slowest, most clumsy feeling Kirby I've played, a lot of the powers aren't very useful or interesting, and getting some of the star/heart thingies was pretty bullshit. That's not to say it's all bad, it had a few neat ideas...but I'll be sticking to Adventure and Crystal Shards for my retro Kirby fix.

I do have to give a fond farewell to catbro, though. His triple jump and flame pillar abilities actually made the game fun for a while.

i09QLOv.png

Sayonara, catbro. I wish you were in a better game.

• Thumbs Up 1

neOJ0fz.png

voEtHl9.png

Played Sonic 3 Complete with Sonic alone

I used a half-assed custom soundtrack for this playthrough and let me tell you, Knuckles's SA1 theme song playing over the Hidden Palace battle is a thing that everyone should try sometime

This was my first time playing through the game, and I have to say...I really didn't like it? I think it's the slowest, most clumsy feeling Kirby I've played, a lot of the powers aren't very useful or interesting, and getting some of the star/heart thingies was pretty bullshit. That's not to say it's all bad, it had a few neat ideas...but I'll be sticking to Adventure and Crystal Shards for my retro Kirby fix.

I love the game because of its graphics, music, characters, and little odd quirks such as the rowboat Waddle Dees or Bizarro Kirby enemies in the background. I also consider it to be one of the hardest main Kirby games so the challenge is pretty nice.

I agree though that some of the heart stars are pretty unintuitive, and the mandatory minigames are my only real hated aspect of the game. I cheat on those too. The powers? A lot of them are pretty useless and stupid on vanilla Kirby, but paired with the right animal partner I can get a lot of enjoyment out of the various combinations, even if they're not too useful and mainly serve to look cute.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finished both Rocket Knight Adventures and Sonic 1.

This topic reminded me of Rocket Knight and I just had to play through it again.

Shot_zps14659383.png

Shot2_zpsb06262b2.png

Can you believe I'm back again! Two in one night, wow XD.

This is entry Number 5, I finally did Sonic 1. Yes, it took me time before I did the Sonic game in the bunch. I just went through it in about an hour and half, got all six emeralds and finished the game off =) I'll start on another one tomorrow at some point. That's five down so far at least.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01181_zps62c46a0f.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h293/Tails_Fanatic/IMG_01211_zps1dcdb639.jpg

AhwCqAg.jpg

The best manshake in existence

xFZ3kbh.jpg

So yeah, that was super fun and nostalgic. I actually died on the final dude the first go around since those twin girl peeps right before him sucked away all my lives and continues, D:. Was almost gonna go the bad-ending route just for lawls, but decided against it after that happened XD.

• Thumbs Up 2

DRACULA IS DEAD (again). Cause of death? WHIPPING.

SCV4Proof1.jpg

SCV4Proof2.jpg

Completing this thing in an evening was a little exhausting, but fun. This is still the best Classicvania.

I had once almost beaten A Link to the Past a couple of years ago before my SNES cartridge's battery died, so I thought... why not use this day to finish it off once and for all?

No optional sidequests such as Pieces of Heart, just a basic, clean run of A Link to the Past...

pB2Draj.png

Let the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

OiaLtIf.jpg

First world of Mystical Ninja complete.

I don't suppose there will also be a badge for completing the entire game?

I beat Sonic 2... and then the birdies came.

IFdbMxp.png

Then  I beat Streets of Rage 2 and a helicopter came.

pfvE3Hw.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I beat Kirby's Dreamland 3!

Scs5xRu.jpg

XTqmDZv.jpg

boYizyT.jpg

Edit: Am I the only one who found the final boss a bit too gruesome for a Nintendo game?

Seriously though that eyeball

Edited by SwiftWinds

I beat Kirby's Dreamland 3!

Scs5xRu.jpg

XTqmDZv.jpg

boYizyT.jpg

Edit: Am I the only one who found the final boss a bit too gruesome for a Nintendo game?

Seriously though that eyeball

Its pretty standard for Kirby games, for games with bright colorful worlds, the villian is always very dark and disturbing

Here I come, rougher than the rest of them.

The best of them, tougher than leather...

kNXPs3D.png

dkKfn58.png

I'm surprised at how easy it was to get the super emeralds considering I never ever memorized the stages to get them (unlike the regular emerald ones, I beat Sonic 3 standalone so many times that they are engraved in my head >_>)

And since I've already started this post with some cool music, I decided to do the next logical thing and play the funkiest game on the Genesis (that I've never played before)

beCUfIl.png

drERAle.png

Toejam and Earl was a pretty interesting first experience to me, the game starts very simple and it feels like the only thing you have to do is just roam around and find the next area but then the enemies start getting more varied and a lot more aggressive, I guess it's my fault for playing with Earl tho (I heard Toejam is faster and hence I also guess that meant I wouldn't be out-walked by pretty much everything).

It would be nice to play it with another player tho, maybe I'll give it another try once this event is over. smile.png

Arabian nights, like Arabian days
More often than not
Are hotter than hot
In a lot of good ways.....

2XmVKs8.jpg