Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

You jive motherfucker having a better video card than me.

Could at least be more descriptive about your problem?

I posted this earlier in the thread, but this is how you change launch options for Steam programs, including which version of DirectX you want the game to use.

Incidentally in my case I seemed to be having trouble with my system purely because my GPU was beginning to fail, so I'm now using a GTX 560Ti instead.

Bleh. Hopefully in your case it's not simply straight-up system failure. I have a feeling my GPU died sooner than it should have because I was a moron and didn't maintain my system properly.

What material do you need to craft the Machina Sniper? I've been playing TF2 with incredibly spaced intervals ever since its very first glory days when I got it and I still play it so vanilla style that I've ignored crafting, modding and Mann. Co.

What material do you need to craft the Machina Sniper? I've been playing TF2 with incredibly spaced intervals ever since its very first glory days when I got it and I still play it so vanilla style that I've ignored crafting, modding and Mann. Co.

Edited by Phantomime

One thing I hate about TF2, pure servers.

Oh, thats ok. I didn't want to see or hear any of my mods anyway.

I'm after crate series 26 (and maybe 27)... I think it is obvious why. wink.gif

I will buy said crates at one scrap each. I also have other strange weapons to trade for bulk crate lots. If you have any crates, please add me on Steam or catch me in game for a trade. I would be very grateful! smile.gif

My Strange weapon trade list:

Strange Knife (x2)

Strange Ambassador

Strange Syringe Gun

Strange Bonesaw

Strange Jarate

Strange Conniver's Kunai (x2)

The only two Strange weapons I currently want are a Strange Medigun and Strange Sniper Rifle. If you have either of those, I have hats, metal and more Strange weapons I will throw at you for them. Do let me know!

My Steam profile

My trading info is pretty volatile now, so I'm uploading a text file with the info on it and keep that up-to-date. I'm now also tracking the crafting recipes for the items I'm missing, I'll accept those as well but I may not do 1:1 trades with those, it depends on the offer.

Current spares up for trading:

EDIT: Obsolete data removed.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

Global Question:

GeForce 8400gs.

Yay or nay.

I found one really cheap, I would want to know if Yay or Nay.

- Vinyl Scratch

You really shouldn't be buying anything earlier than a 200 series GPU at this point, and if you are going to buy an older GPU, don't bother buying one of the lower-end models, so I'd say no.

However you might want to point out just how cheap it's going for, because that still tops what you're using currently.

You really shouldn't be buying anything earlier than a 200 series GPU at this point, and if you are going to buy an older GPU, don't bother buying one of the lower-end models, so I'd say no.

However you might want to point out just how cheap it's going for, because that still tops what you're using currently.

What the fuck is a GPU.

- Vinyl Scratch

Have you really been talking about buying a new graphics card for this long without realising what a GPU is? :P

That'll do you fine dude, go for it.

After a very profitable trade, I'm afraid I'm out of everything but crates until Thursday - sorry folks! :3

DERP, but buying that with my own money for something that I know will crash 99% of the time is worthless.

I need to find out why it crashes everytime I play games.

- Vinyl Scratch

Probably because the GPU is too old to cope with any modern title, thus buying a new one should fix it all straight up. Remember that everything in the 6 series, even the good high-end cards, just barely handled DX9, and you're using a low-end model in that line. Pretty much every game since 2004 uses at least DX9, and even the Xbox 360 uses it, so what you're looking for is something that can do an OK job with DX9 code, and a 200 series GPU should be it. Unless there's something really wrong with the super-low-end 210 that I'm not aware of, it should do everything you need it to do. Just don't expect it to run Crysis. :P

Then explain me how come I could play Star Wars Republic Commando perfectly fine before I even had the GeForce 6200 without any crash.

- Vinyl Scratch

You jive motherfucker having a better video card than me. Could at least be more descriptive about your problem?

I did.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but this is how you change launch options for Steam programs, including which version of DirectX you want the game to use. Incidentally in my case I seemed to be having trouble with my system purely because my GPU was beginning to fail, so I'm now using a GTX 560Ti instead. Bleh. Hopefully in your case it's not simply straight-up system failure. I have a feeling my GPU died sooner than it should have because I was a moron and didn't maintain my system properly.

Ahh, okay cool. This better work or else I'm gonna have to smash my tower and monitor with irons.

Edited by RedCap-BlueSpikes

I'm not really in a position to look at your computers and diagnose them, but if they're suddenly crashing in games and only games/3D stuff that they never used to crash in, there's a reasonable chance the GPU is starting to die. As I said, mine was going, and it took me about a month of driver/software tweaking and diagnostics to finally give up and get it replaced.

Then explain me how come I could play Star Wars Republic Commando perfectly fine before I even had the GeForce 6200 without any crash.

If you were using an even older GPU than a GeForce 6 at the time, then it wouldn't have even supported DX9, and would have defaulted to DX8 instead. That's probably why.

I did:

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/345-team-fortress-2/page__pid__338791__st__1060#entry338791

Also, how do you do that fancy schmancy linking but with what you type showing up rather than the raw URL?

Ahh, okay cool. This better work or else I'm gonna have to smash my tower and monitor with irons.

Toggle editing mode and use [*url=insert link here]text here[*/url] tags, without the *.

The button that looks like a light switch in the top left of the post form.