Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

lolwut, I played Half Life 2 after TF2 crashed.

How come Half Life 2 didn't crash AT ALL? I played for like three hours without any crash.

Anybody is experiencing crashes with TF2?

TF2 is being constantly updated, it could be Valve accidentally introduced new bugs while attempting to correct old ones. This is actually quite frequent on the SRCDS end if you follow the Valve mailing list.

As remy stated you could also be having a hardware issue, faulty ram? over heating? I think I've given the Memtest86 recommendation in this thread before to root out memory issues, you can also install Speedfan to check up on your system's internal temps.

Well, I hve one dog - An Airedale Terrier, quite big. And with big comes great dirt. As such my PC gets dirty after one week, I'm sick of cleaning it every week. Isn't there anyway to stop the dirt from entering the PC v_v?

Reminds me I didn't clean it this week.

Well, if your desktop sits on the floor its got a greater chance to suck in dirt and dust, you can alleviate that by regularly vacuuming the floor. My desktop takes in an insane amount of dust due to where it is on floor but its also go seven fans running to try to cool it.

Velotix, I find your PC specs... Disturbing.

What the fuck man, an GeForce GTX 295? Are you rich or something.

Anyway, I came to realize that the problem is related to the game, because single-player games don't seem to crash in my PC.

I'm not rich, I wouldn't be able to afford to buy that system again right now. I simply used some one-off funds and my student loan very carefully. :3

My PC runs games great 99% of the time just so you know. :3

You're not alone, dude. My computer is crap for games. It can run TF2 just fine on lower settings, however. I do realize that the problem is that I'm using the default Dell chipset. I really need to upgrade my graphics card.

Is a 2 GHz dual-core processor good?

I got a 4 Gig ram HP computer I got in like 2007 or so, it runs fine at moderate settings, but no matter what I do, when I'm playing online TF2 (and ONLY TF2; even source mods are completely fine), I get the STUTTERS. Every minute or so, for a second, my gameplay locks up, my screen freezes, and I either keep or lose control of my character. It goes on and off to my displeasure. If I have something like low gravity, it's disabled and I fall to the ground during the freeze. I was commented on this once, being called "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Demoman". And it can happen at any time, although it prefers when I turn a corner and see an enemy. My ping dictates how many times it happens in an hour of gameplay.

Me and velotix have basically the same specs >_>

A 2Ghz dual core is not good. It's so bad. I'm sorry your dells are awful gaming pcs with non game appropriate hardware no matter how much you paid for them or how well it plays HL 2. >__> Not sure if you'd be able to upgrade either due to crappy power supply (which can cause all sorts of problems) or due to just not having enough room in the case

I work in an internet cafe where we have like 30 pcs and they all run TF2 without a hitch, back when they had 3.0ghz core2duos and gtx 260s and now that they have I5s and 560s. I don't know how all these guys on the steam forums have so many problems. >___>

Mr Awesomest, sounds like plain old internet lag, lol. Is your ping over or around 200?

I only have 4GB Ram with a Core 2 Duo T6500 running on 2.1GHZ and a Geforce GT 120M with 1GB of VRAM.

On a laptop.

I seem to run a shit ton of modern games fine without ever overheating, let alone Source games which I can run on full settings without any drawbacks at all.

Speaking of, I just got back into TF2. I forgot how addicting it is.

Modern GPUs (i.e. made in 2008 or newer) are ridiculously powerful, especially when you consider that most console games have to be built for graphics hardware that's two or three generations older than them minimum and they still look decent. The 500 series and its ATI equivalents are absolutely insane, we're hitting the point where the general public will be unable to see any improvement when buying new hardware now. The 500s are designed to cope with superwidescreen (stuff like 6000x1080), which requires five screens. INSANE(ly cool)

Consider that when the PS2 was released China had to change their laws to be able to make/sell it - because the chip was powerful enough to control a nuclear missile station. That was ten years ago. You really have no idea how ridiculous our hardware has gotten for the sole purpose of making lots of pretty triangles with pretty pictures painted on them.

I only have 4GB Ram with a Core 2 Duo T6500 running on 2.1GHZ and a Geforce GT 120M with 1GB of VRAM.

On a laptop.

tumblr_lprkrxfj2d1qexo91.jpg

Then I'm so fucking outdated.

Your PC would be a bit on the low-end side in 2004. That's how behind you are. No wonder you're struggling to run anything. :P

I can run Republic Commando and Source games, I'm happy with my PC. I'd rather spend my money on a 360 which basically has the same games.

Anyway, off-topic time is ovar. Let's keep talking about Team Fortress 2.

And the inminent Meet the Pyro.

Hooray, Valve just bricked TF2 for everyone.

If you happen to not install updates for TF2 automatically, DO NOT UPDATE. And don't expect the servers to be remotely busy, seems 99% of clients got bricked by this patch.

lol valve