Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

I'm getting tired of arguing this point because I'm having to sound like a broken record here.

Fuck how everyone else plays. It doesn't even matter if how I choose to play is bad, I'm telling you what works for me. It doesn't matter if ruling the player out of the equation makes the Tomi objectively better, if I can't get it to work for me I won't use it! :P

With my playstyle, I need the extra DPS of the Minigun to kill people before they kill me. The Tomi's DPS is too low because 90% of the time in a firefight I'm permanently spun up - the other 10% being getting to the firefight, getting more ammo, or the very rare cases when I have to retreat rather than die, so the spin-up benefits are totally null unless I'm silently ambushing, as I stated earlier. I reach the scene of the major firefight, spin up out of line of sight, go in head-first expecting to die with my minigun immediately ready to fire, and focus-fire on the most dangerous target in the enemy attack wave (Heavy, Demo, Pyro, Scout, Solly roughly in that order). I almost never retreat as Heavy, and am prone to being suicidal. I also need some degree of mobility to avoid being overrun or headshot, otherwise I would instead use the Brass Beast. Whenever I'm not dealing with a major attack wave, I'm blasting surpressive fire at the sniper balcony and/or spychecking. Granted the Tomi's spin-up time makes it more difficult to counter, but firing instantly wrecks virtually everybody!

I use the BB when playing backup defense turret early on in the game when the Engies are still setting up camp because the movement penalty is void, and that's the only time I find that useful.

If I'm ambushing frequently, I roll a different class. When I'm Heavy, I'm playing moving wall or moving battering ram.

DR spies are stupidly easy to stop if you know there's one around. They'll surprise you once, but as soon as the team knows he's running around, you'd deserve it if you were killed. Not to mention most spies don't even know how to use it.

I can't believe people actually think it's OP, haha.

Pyros stop DR spies cold. Faking your death is useless if you're lit up like a Christmas tree even when cloaked.

It's also fairly obvious if a Spy dies too quickly as well. Dealing with DR spies is a matter of being alert.

What people generally consider OP though isn't DR, but the Enforcer paired with it, because when your cloak is always instant and has no timer a cloak timing delay downside is negated and so you simply get a revolver with extra damage. I can see why that annoys people, but I haven't found it a particular problem myself because Spies are too fragile once discovered for it to matter very much.

Ah, shut up, the Enforcer's awesome. My favorite thing is how it has such a distinct sound so like when I'm standing off in the distance, sniping, when I'm suddenly killed, I hear those two shots and know I'm entirely justified in being all kinds o' mad.

Really, I love it but it drives me nuts. On one hand it actually lets me be a decent Spy because I can y'know... defend myself. On the other, any enemy with it instantly deserves all of my hatred and is the most annoying thing in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Real quick, what is the most valuable thing out of these three genuines: Pip-Boy, Mask of the Shaman, or Companion Cube pin?

I would think Mask of the Shaman, if only because you can't craft, buy, of find it.

But I'm no expert on this kind of thing, so I want to know what you guys think.

EDIT: Well well, seems that TODAY the Mask of the Shaman becomes craftable and droppable. That is some awful timing.

Edited by Phantomime

The pro community's opinions aren't 100% applicable to normal play. The biggest competitive style that I know of is 9v9. A lot of the Tomislav's advantages aren't really useful with the larger, less organized teams common in regular server play. Ambushes seldom have more than one member to them, so the extra time it takes to spin up the regular minigun doesn't result in the heavy dieing, and the extra health lost can be made up with other forms of healing that wouldn't be as viable were the enemy team more organized. Noncompetitive teams don't move as a unit, so all that really matters is the heavy's ability to kill individual targets as quickly as possible and move on to the next one. Mobility only matters as far as being able to avoid being a sitting duck, which is why the Brass Beast isn't very useful.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Real quick, what is the most valuable thing out of these three genuines: Pip-Boy, Mask of the Shaman, or Companion Cube pin?

I would think Mask of the Shaman, if only because you can't craft, buy, of find it.

But I'm no expert on this kind of thing, so I want to know what you guys think.

EDIT: Well well, seems that TODAY the Mask of the Shaman becomes craftable and droppable. That is some awful timing.

Edited by Neon

I made a promise to myself that I would not do any cafting until my backpack is completly full. So far I have 150 open slots left. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to craft all my crap by the end of the year.

Sorry if this is a pretty well known mod/video (since it is pretty old), but I have to play this mod!

Oh, it's quite fun. I played it on my favorite mod-only server.

Holy crap, I actually uploaded something to Youtube! Its only been like four months!

Anyway, I was playing on Upward and I saw a demoman trying to sticky jump past our defences. He tried three times, and they were not sucessful.

I was the Red demoman in this one. Felt a little bad laughing at him, but oh well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was the Red demoman in this one. Felt a little bad laughing at him, but oh well.

Oh god that's perfect.

Actually I uploaded a replay not to long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdDfwR5jj8k&feature=channel_video_title

i am the sniper. its me

Sadly I haven't been able to play that much lately due to lag issues since I got my new router. I'll have ping between 20-50 but hit serious lag spikes like it's going out of style. It's really becoming a problem.

Apperently the hard to obtain promo iems the Maul, SoaS, and Volcano Fragment can now be found in drops. Also, thanks to Valve "fixing" the Demo's charge physics, you can no longer launch off the rock in Degroot Keep.

Finally, the Sticky Jumper gets a well needed buff. It is actually worth having now due to how much manuverability it gives.

Why is there no crafting recipe for the Sticky Jumper/ Rocket Jumper?

Just buy it. Seriously. The sticky jumper and the rocket jumper are the most reasonably priced weapons in the whole store at .49 cents.

I bought mine way back when they weren't nerfed to death at the start of the Mann-conomy. Soooooo worth dicking around with.

EDIT: BETA UPDATE!

Notes.

General:

Synced with all changes and fixes from the official release

Added support for multiple Misc slot items being equipped at the same time

Added support for character loadout presets

Undocumented changes

Made the Foster's Facade and Noh Mercy a misc.

Class select screen now displays currently equipped loadout.

The Reserve Shooter can now be used by the Pyro as well as the Soldier

The Tomislav now applies -50 health

The Widowmaker metal consumption is reduced to 30 down from 60

The Enforcer cloak delay is increased to 1 second up from 0.5

The Claidheamh Mòr charge extension is increased to 1 second up from 0.5

Double misc slots! Finally!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578934843422111282/0D9EC7A15598479DE93271BD52AF7D999170F7DB/

Pyro + reserve shooter + degreaser = 70% weapon switch speed. Pyro will now be the official combo/pressure class with weapon synergy.

Tomislav nerf is a start but doesn't address all of the heavy's problems. Seems more like a band-aid than a cure.

Widowmaker needed the buff big time. 30 metal per shot means a possible 6 shots with the potential for more if you're hitting and picking up metal. This fixes it's issue of 3 shots and never getting enough metal back.

Enforcer nerf doesn't solve the real problem with the synergy with the dead ringer. It just nerfs the other watches more...

Claidheadmh mor is a straight buff but not the one it needed. I would have rather seen charge retention.

Edited by Tiller

>Reserve Shooter for Pyro

lolwat. I'm not okay with this. Why not give the Pyro his own damn shotgun already? The Heavy and Soldier both have one custom shotgun each, the Engineer has two now, and all the Pyro has is the standard stock Shotgun shared by the four classes alongside the incredibly shoddy Flare Gun and the even shoddier Detonator. All sorts of not cool, bro.

The two miscellaneous slots is an awesome addition, though. Hopefully the Pyromancer's Mask becomes a miscellaneous item as well, because I've got an epic item set planned for it once this update is released.

Also, I'm selling every non-Pyro Strange in my backpack! I've been attempting to rid of this stuff for ages now. If push comes to shove I guess I can smelt everything, but I'd like to see somebody get use out of some of this stuff if they can.

Some....interesting changes.

The loadout changes and double misc slot were more than welcome, but I'm really not a fan of the Tomislav nerf. I don't really use the thing, but the new downside feels so generic, and like it's not even attached to the weapon. Why not change DPS or something? I know it's a videogame and this is a silly question, but how does holding that gun give you less overall stamina?

Hopefully the Pyromancer's Mask becomes a miscellaneous item as well, because I've got an epic item set planned for it once this update is released.

Please no. The game has enough clipping issues as it is. D:

Also, a fellow on Facepunch was looking through the game's files, and discovered this.

Medic_necklace? Scout_necklace? Demoman_bombs? It looks like we may see new items that replace these in the future.

Edited by The Soldier

I know it's a videogame and this is a silly question, but how does holding that gun give you less overall stamina?

You could say the same about how Holding a Pair of Boxing Gloves Drains your Health or how a Simple Saw can heal your Team whenever you use it as an Instrument.

Personally, I don't mind it, I can see the Issues with the Tomislav/Sandvich/GRU Combo, SO I guess it's natural they'll do this.

The Only thing I worry about is how this Might mean that Tomislav Heaviess might have a Harder time taking on Minigun Heavies, and I'd Hate for the Tomislav to become useless now, especially since I just gotten mine a while ago and I really Love it.

The Loadout changes and the additional Misc slot I really love tho.

anyway, I got some stuff to give away, nothing special, but Might be of use for some

Weapons

Huntsman

Crit-a-Cola

Direct Hit

Connivers Kunai

The Ambassador

Nessies Nine Iron

The Solenm Vow x 2

The Eviction Notice

The Holy Macerel

Sun on a Stick

and here is what I'm looking for (Mainly Hats and Misc Items)

Heavy

-------------

Hats-

Officiers Ushanka

Big Chief

Misc. Items-

Pocket Medic

Purity Fist

------------

Scout

-------------

Hats-

Bonk Helm

------------

Soldier

-------------

Hats-

Tyrants Helm

Defiant Spartan

Soldiers Stash

Misc-

Fancy Dress Unifrom

------------

Pyro

-------------

Hats-

Triboniophorus Tyrannus

Old Guadalajara

Pyromancer's Mask

Misc-

Sight for Sore Eyes

------------

Demoman

-------------

Hats-

Conjurer's Cowl

Samur-Eye

Demomans Fro

------------

Engineer

-------------

Hats-

Mining Light

Ol' Geezer

Hotrod

Western Wear

Misc-

Teddy Rooosebelt

Prairie Heel Biters

Wingstick

------------

Medic

-------------

Hats-

Ze Goggles

Team Captain

Vintage Tyrolean

Misc-

Blighted Beak

------------

Sniper

-------------

Hats-

Trophy Belt

------------

Spy

-------------

Hats-

Fancy Fedora

Charmer's Chapeau

Misc-

Rogue's Col Roule

Camera Beard

------------

All Classes

-------------

Hats-

Noble Amassment of Hats

Towering Pillar of Hats

Misc-

Deus Specs

------------

if anyone has the Items I desire and wants one of the Items I have to offer, feel free to throw me a Trade request to My Steam

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark

You could say the same about how Holding a Pair of Boxing Gloves Drains your Health or how a Simple Saw can heal your Team whenever you use it as an Instrument.

Personally, I don't mind it, I can see the Issues with the Tomislav/Sandvich/GRU Combo, SO I guess it's natural they'll do this.

I think I have said the same thing about the GRU before, haha. Then again, its function only works when it's out, so it's never really a huge problem.

The Amputator I don't mind either. Yeah, the Medicating Melody can't really be explained but it does what it does, and it only happens when you use the taunt. There are far more odd stat choices. especially the ones with passive effects, like the Pain Train causing bullet vulnerability, or the BackBurner originally GIVING you 50 HP. I know it helps balance the game(SOMETIMES) but it feels like Valve isn't really trying or paying attention to the weapons themselves-- like they're picking a bunch of stock attributes from an already-made list.

In other news: TF2 won't update for me.

Edited by The Soldier