Awoo.

Team Fortress 2

Urtheart

Dagnabbit, I had the Mantreads for ages and then eventually melted them down because no-one was interested. .___.

I wish I could help.

The only Uber Update weapons I've ever found spares of is the Detonator. I need the Atomizer myself. And the Mantreads. And the Family Business. HNNNNG.

In other news, I have another new replay.

Mind telling me what map that is, and if it's any good? Also, that Family Business is as good as yours. PM me your Steam name.

I had extra Atomizers (TWO infact) but I ALSO melted those down a while ago.

Protip: Don't smelt duplicates of new items. I keep telling myself that someone down the line is gonna want one, and chances are, they're gonna offer you an item that you were gonna melt that new weapon for scrap to craft.

That's cp_castle, and yes, it's quite fun. It's a three-stage map that's not incredibly complicated but has a place for every class, which is always good.

OK guys.

So whilst I still have my wishlist, at this point all that's left on it is obscure promo reskins and two useless weapons. It's safe to say that at this point I have a complete practical weapon collection. Until they inevitably add more weapons, lulz.

So as of now, everything I have on my offers list will also trade for one (1) scrap metal unless otherwise indicated, this being the standard trading policy. Here's what I've got right now, and I'll keep this up-to-date.

==Full Offers List==

Ali Baba's Wee Booties

Ambassador

Crit-A-Cola

Homewrecker

Jag

Soda Popper

Sydney Sleeper

(Strange) Syringe Gun - 1 Refined Metal

FYI, I have elected to keep the Strange Jag for myself, and it is no longer up for trade.

EDIT 2: More drops and a little trading, updated the post to reflect that.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

Just sold my strange Boston Basher for 2 reclaimed. Was this better for me, or the person I traded it too? (Who I will keep anonymous) I'm beginning to think I undercharged.

Edited by Phantomime

So are you saying I can get that Tomislav for just 1 scrap?

Edited by Black Spy

I am, yes. At this point I don't have any use for spare weapons except to melt them down for scrap anyway. You get a useful weapon, and technically I make a profit on every trade. Win/win.

Also, it is my understanding that Strange quality weapons are worth a bare minimum of 1 Refined Metal if you are using common trading rates. EDIT: derp, me no know what me talking 'bout, see below

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

Damn I really wish I had my sis's laptop right now! Hopefully I can get on Steam within the next hour.

Phantomime: Nope, you did not undercharge. In fact you got a wicked deal. SBB's are very undesirable and barely even make 1 reclaimed. Most basic Strange weapons hover around the 2 reclaimed mark, only the newer weapons or the useful ones are 1 refined or more.

Here's a list of Strange weapons that fetch 1 refined or more on average:

Strange Scattergun

Strange Shotgun

Strange Rocket Launcher *

Strange Sticky Launcher *

Strange Grenade Launcher *

Strange Flamethrower

Strange Backburner

Strange Minigun *

Strange Jag

Strange Wrench

Strange Frontier Justice

Strange Knife

Strange Medigun *

Strange Jarate

Strange Sniper Rifle *

The starred weapons are the ones that easily fetch over 1 refined. As you can see... That's not many super expensive ones! Unless you are after unusuals, hats or have a crate with a lot of "expensive" items (Demo/Sniper, etc.) it's not worth the gamble of a key (which is worth 2 refined).

Considering we're discussing strange weapons, I might as well make it known that if anyone finds themselves with a strange degreaser or axetinguisher they don't want, let me know!

Jesus fucking Christ I completely rolled TF2 for 3 hours straight at midnight and got to the MVP spots every round, racking up ridiculous scores. My mind is full of fuck.

Loch-n-Load is fucking unnaturally godly. I wouldn't even begin to imagine that I'd keep this as a mainstay.

I strongly stand by my opinion that the Loch-n-Load is a complete downgrade to the Grenade Launcher and that anyone who prefers it has been tricked into thinking it's good just by how many easy kills they get with it.

Oh suuuure it's fun to watch people blow up in your face, but it's more fun to bounce grenades around corners into a group preparing for a push, or a sentry, and even better, if you happen to miss your shot, you'll still see people explode.

The more I play TF2 and see nerdrage regarding weapons one way or the other, and the more I actually practice with these weapons, I conclude that the viability of a weapon depends entirely on the person using it, how they like to play, and how clever they are at exploiting weapon upsides. As much as the community and especially SPUF might like to scream otherwise, you cannot objectively assess the weapon suite. Even the Sun-on-a-Stick is exploitable with the right strat, and that thing's horrific 99.9999999999999% of the time.

For example, I dislike the Tomislav, which is an unpopular opinion. However, it's a really really bad weapon for extended aggressive dogfighting, which is my preferred Heavy playstyle - all that happens when I wield a Tomi is that I die more often.

Besides that, weapon collecting is the smartest policy IMO because you're futureproofed against sudden weapon buffs/nerfs. I'm expecting a Widowmaker buff, for example. (Might be wishful thinking.) :D

I tried picking up the Loch-n-Load merely on the principle that I wanted to better my Demo aiming skills. He's always been up there as my favorite class even though I'd rely far too much on sticky bombs to do the work for me. It's properties in clip size and speed seem to suit me better however, as I've pretty much had no problem in scoring hits with it ever since, where-as I'm still fumbling every once in a while with the Grenade Launcher where getting the hit doesn't give me as much reward for the risk, unless it's a map like ctf_turbine where everything is a miasma of kills.

I never thought I'd like it to be honest cause the fact that it shatters on the ground was a major turn-off at first, but once I started getting a stream of kills and rocketed up to 150 kills across two or three rounds (mind you this was cp_yukon where everyone was locking each other out for the longest of time and we'd spend about 30 minutes on each round), I was really getting the hang of it, so I'd say it stands on par with the Grenade Launcher in terms of effectiveness in my opinion.

EDIT: Uh guys I'm in a desperate need of an Axtinguisher and/or a couple of Scrap/Reclaimed metals. Does anyone have any spares?

Good luck, but as a rule you will never find anyone willing to give away metal as it serves as trading currency, so you will probably need to trade for that.

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=tillertime

Everything on the first three pages is tradable. I also have an extra procedure mask. Trying to offload some stuff because I don't have the backpack space. sad.png

There's an Axtinguisher in the first three pages.

The more I play TF2 and see nerdrage regarding weapons one way or the other, and the more I actually practice with these weapons, I conclude that the viability of a weapon depends entirely on the person using it, how they like to play, and how clever they are at exploiting weapon upsides. As much as the community and especially SPUF might like to scream otherwise, you cannot objectively assess the weapon suite. Even the Sun-on-a-Stick is exploitable with the right strat, and that thing's horrific 99.9999999999999% of the time.

For example, I dislike the Tomislav, which is an unpopular opinion. However, it's a really really bad weapon for extended aggressive dogfighting, which is my preferred Heavy playstyle - all that happens when I wield a Tomi is that I die more often.

Besides that, weapon collecting is the smartest policy IMO because you're futureproofed against sudden weapon buffs/nerfs. I'm expecting a Widowmaker buff, for example. (Might be wishful thinking.) biggrin.png

Edited by Tiller

I'm not going to contest that in general all this is true, but in my case if I had the choice between using the Tomislav or using my Minigun, I'd only pick the Tomislav if I absolutely had to ambush someone and the sound of my Minigun was going to get me served every time. The Tomislav doesn't suit the way I play, and I always do worse when I'm using it. I've given it a whirl many times and every single time I've ended up getting irritated and switching to the standard Minigun. The upsides of using it are obvious, but it doesn't work for me.

The 0.000000000000000000001% situation I mentioned for the SoaS was in a case where you had a pocket Pyro on hand all the time, and even then the weapon is just flat-out bad, yes. I don't think there's a weapon more useless in the entire suite, which is why I used it as my extreme example.

On a related note, the GRU is absolutely ridiculous to the point that there's no other reasonable choice in the slot unless everyone's spamming Snipers or Scouts, and it definitely needs a nerf. There's a similar problem with the Sandvich although there you actually do have some options.

Strange cause tonight I had the exact opposite experience with the Tomislav. I think it works best for lone wolf Heavies that attack from the sides. It requires good team support to drive off entire waves of attackers, but the faster spin up time means you don't have to stay right next to your pack to be effective and can move out a bit and flank from different sides without having to worry about enemies sneaking up on you, whereas other Heavies are susceptible to flanking when they aren't prepared. Attacking head on will usually get you killed by strong classes, but laying back and providing cover fire or flanking from incoming attackers mid-close range is where this thing shines.

At least that's the impression I got when using it tonight.

Even with the damage "penalty" Tomislav still has the third highest DPS in the game, which is supplemented by its spin up time relative to other miniguns which means you fire first and do more damage before a set time compared to other miniguns. It messes with firing intervals of other classes meaning even if you get the jump on a heavy by the time you get a second or third shot in you are eating minigun bullets, instead of them being caught with their pants down. The silent spin up means jack squat when he can pull out his DPS in half a second. There is literally no reason not to use the Tomislav unless you're fighting an entire team of Brass Beast Heavies on a cart.

Then you combine this with a heavy who can run around at around normal speed, coupled with an instant medium health kit with the sandvich, and you've got a massive balance issue.

Edited by Tiller

Well I guess that's one of the problems of creating weapons that provide a way of dealing with a classes weakness; it shows just how delicate the balancing between the 9 classes really is. Giving Spy a watch that gives him a second chance in the event of being discovered and let's him escape 99% of attacks and continue backstabbing while everyone thinks he's dead gives him an inherent advantage over the other watches and makes him much harder to kill, and it's properties constantly let it negate certain downsides of other weapons, such as the Enforcer, Conniver's Kunai, and Big Earner. Giving him a revolver that can two shot any 125 HP class at close range is, with decent enough aim can pretty much be a long ranged backstab.

Yet despite that, the Spy is really the only other class who has noticeably OP weapons, everyone else either has decent side-grades, or completely useless shit *coughcoughrazorbackcough*.