slw-20-1.jpg

this fucker is adorable

IT HAS GREEN EY-- ...... Nah, too easy.

kill it with red burst

Edited by Auto

Okay, after seeing these...

slw-5-1.jpg

slw-9-1.jpg

How is Lost World lacking much detail again...? I mean, these look honestly, pretty damn good in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

slw-50-1.jpg

Cool, Cyan Laser can now shoot in curved lines. Maybe the player can use the gamepad's touch screen to draw shapes freely?

If that's the case and nobody makes it form a crudely drawn penis, I'll be very disappointed in all of you, especially you, Alex!

Edited by Auto

Okay, after seeing these...

slw-5-1.jpg

slw-9-1.jpg

How is Lost World lacking much detail again...? I mean, these look honestly, pretty damn good in that regard.

NONONONO, DON'T RELAPSE THE TOPIC!

• Thumbs Up 4

WHOA SCREENSHOTS.

slw-50-1.jpg

I guess the whole gravity thing affects the Laser Wisp. Interesting. Also, looks like you can break those...orb things? Maybe for Rings??

slw-64-1.jpg

LET'S GET 'IM

if the combat was more complex I could see Sonic being able to kick those Buzz Bombers into the sand pits, that'd be hilarious

slw-69-1.jpg

I don't know why this one amuses me so much.

slw-85-1.jpg

"Hey Dragonfly Robot #1, maybe we should move slightly to the sides so we can hit him?"

"Shut up, Dragonfly Robot #2."

slw-89-1.jpg

"SO YOU THOUGHT WERE 'CUTE' AND HARMLESS BACK IN SCRAP BRAIN, EH? WELL WHO'S CUTE NOW, HUH?!?!!"

Edited by ElementofChaos

slw-5-1.jpg

Wait.

Dragonfly.png

OH HELL NO.

I swear to god those bugs from Mushroom Hill better not be as annoying as in that game. Fucking HATED those bastards. Made me lose so many rings. dffsgsbh.

Also is it me or is there another road in the background? Could it be accessible or is it just part of the scenery?

• Thumbs Up 8

its staring into your soul with all three of its eyes........ bow to the power of the eagle wisp
(is it just me or am I getting a black doom vibe from it......)
slw-13-1.jpg

Also is it me or is there another road in the background? Could it be accessible or is it just part of the scenery?

It's definitely part of the level. If you look closely you can see a checkpoint.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's definitely part of the level. If you look closely you can see a checkpoint.

picard-yes.jpg

This game is going to be so /glorious/.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, look at all that color! They've definitely mastered THIS style and are bringing out it's full potential (thats all I'm going to say on that topic though XD). It's going to be cool to see just how much beach is actually going to be in that area. From the screens we have so far, it looks to be taking the temple and structure approach instead of an actual beach. It's still way too early to tell but... that's what I'm getting from it. I wonder what this stage is going to have in terms of a crazy play on words act.

*dat image*

Sonic's body is ready.

... I'm sorry for this...

3fu3.jpg

slw-57-1.jpg

Burrobot.png

Wait, what the hell? Is Burrobot wearing-

Goggles.png

Sonicgoggles_Run.gif

THEY DIDN'T.

Fuck's sake. Next we'll get a nod to all those axed stages in Sonic 2.

pleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASEletthishappen

slw-63-1.jpg

Sonic's body is ready.

*Casually places a conveniently located spike right before Sonic's groin area*

Now he is not :D.

*Casually places a conveniently located spike right before Sonic's groin area*

Now he is not biggrin.png.

He'd be fine, he probably has some Rings!

tongue.png

New Wisp names:

014.jpg013.jpg

クリムゾンウィスプ - Crimson Wisp (Crimson Eagle)

021.jpg020.jpg

マゼンタウィスプ - Magenta wisp (Magenta Rhythm)

• Thumbs Up 2

I like that tropical level, because it looks a whole lot more interesting than a lot of the stages I've seen so far. Still, it bothers me that so much of this game appears to yet again, be in 2D. I understand that it was popular in the past couple games, but have you now given up all pretense of making an entirely 3D Sonic game any more? 

I understand that it was popular in the past couple games, but have you now given up all pretense of making an entirely 3D Sonic game any more? 

Depressingly, it seems like it.

Until SEGA hire some A-class level designers who can make big 3D stages without too much trouble, I think we can expect 2D stages as padding. Remember that before when they gave us padding it was in the form of other character stories/gameplay that was often poorly done.

It seems like SEGA just have a really tough time with making loads of full 3D speed stages in Sonic games.

Still, besides Heroes and Shadow, (which had padding in other forms i.e. hordes of random enemies that took way too annoyingly long to kill) I do think the recent 3 + SLW have had more 3D speed gameplay than the Adventure games or 06. Remember that most 3D Sonic games only have 9-10 speed levels, some of which are pretty damn short, when compared with Unleashed-Gens that had one main 3D level per Zone and then lil extra acts too, some of which were pretty good.

So, even if the 2D sections pad things out a little bit, I do think we're comparitively better off for time spent in 3D Sonic sections than we used to be. Just think of the 2D sections as a more fun equivalent to Knuckles/Tails/Amy/Big/Rouge/Eggman/Gamma/Werehog/Silver/Omega story or whatever.

Edited by SuperLink