Awoo.

Pokemon Origins (October 2013)

Endy

I don't care if Mega man evolutions are in this, when are they gonna have this shit subbed. Has a fansub team picked it up yet? Or is it being done by the team who does the other Pokemon series?

I don't care if Mega man evolutions are in this, when are they gonna have this shit subbed.

I don't care if Mega man evolutions are in this

Mega man

Mega man Where.... Hey Mega Man is in my pokeman

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care if Mega man evolutions are in this, 

pikachu___megaman_by_mnrart-d5ayqkz.gif

But seriously, be patient, guys.  It takes a lot longer than a day or so to translate and then sub an episode.

• Thumbs Up 3

Jesus christ! That 20 second video has more violent fighting then anything ive seen in the regular anime, if only because no Pokemon in the regular anime has made such a blood curdling scream.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to be the minority here I know, but I have to say it.

I'm really divided on that scene.  I mean, it's not super violent, but it's pretty gruesome to watch.  I don't think I like that direction.  I'll have to watch the whole special to make a judgment though.

A very small clip of it;
... Is it bad that I actually choked a bit upon hearing Charmander scream like that? I mean, this was quite unexpected...
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm really divided on that scene.  I mean, it's not super violent, but it's pretty gruesome to watch.  I don't think I like that direction.  I'll have to watch the whole special to make a judgment though.

...Well....It is biting into someone else's flesh.

Heh, this ain't ain't like the silly, cartoony main series anime that's for sure.

When you get bite, YOU GET BITE. 

And I got bitten by a Snapping Turtle before and it does freaking hurt, not put that with the size of Squirtle......Eek!!

Well early on in the game, a bite CAN be pretty devastating.

True.  I suppose I'll use that as a basis for my judgment.  That scream is still pretty unsettling though.

...Well....It is biting into someone else's flesh.

Yeah, and we have scenes in the regular anime where Pokémon have giant hailstorms rained directly down upon them, or poisonous needles being injected into their skin, or being seared by flames, but they weren't so particularly horrifying. XD  I'm not saying I absolutely won't watch the special, it's just really different than the usual Pokémon affair.  Which I suppose is good.

Yeah, and we have scenes in the regular anime where Pokémon have giant hailstorms rained directly down upon them, or poisonous needles being injected into their skin, or being seared by flames, but they weren't so particularly horrifying. XD  I'm not saying I absolutely won't watch the special, it's just really different than the usual Pokémon affair.  Which I suppose is good.

Honestly, my problem with the regular Anime is that the moves never look like they hurt. I mean Pokemon can attack humans and depending on the scene, its either funny or serious.

in manga I heard that Arbok was fucking chopped in half, id pay to see that animated.

"Ya know....for kids"

I can't wait until the Pokemon Company dubs this and completely neuters the fight scenes.

Also they'll rename Red to Ash and Blue to Gary. Probably

Honestly, my problem with the regular Anime is that the moves never look like they hurt. I mean Pokemon can attack humans and depending on the scene, its either funny or serious.

The worst it ever gets is scratches and dirk scuffs all over, very rarely would you see any red...

Edited by Soniman

Yeah, the manga was... incredibly violent.  That's probably why I didn't get into it

And that's a legitimate complaint, but I've always enjoyed the more light-hearted nature of the anime.  That's just me, though.

in manga I heard that Arbok was fucking chopped in half, id pay to see that animated.

Yep and there's even zombie Pokemon. All decaying and shit. It's in the same scene too! 

tumblr_mcsbd1Kd0F1qiw26m.jpg

recap27.jpg

I liked it. It shows that Pokémon battles aren't just Pokémon playing a glorified game of pretend.

The Rhyhorn and Victreebel scene was also an example of this, it got fucking drilled.

After watching the whole thing, I must say that I really liked it. It showed how Red went from a beginner that tries to catch other trainers Pokémon and doesn't know shit about type advantages (even if some later scenes where Ash levels of trusting in Charizard > type advantages) to the champion who actually caught em all.

I wouldn't mind some more animations for the other generations.

Edited by Tmsp

Yeah, shoot. Every time I see a Psyduck, all I could think about was that Zombified one, same with the Slowpoke, Slowbro and Tangela.

BTW, anyone know what that last punching move Mega Charizard X used against Mewtwo? Mega Punch? Dragon Claw? 

And yeah Tmsp I would love to see other animations from other generations, particuarlly Black and White for me. Shoot one could say that N had a point now.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Guys please don't post open spoilers if you're getting into that. Some of us are waiting for sub versions so we can actually understand whats going on.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, shoot. Every time I see a Psyduck, all I could think about was that Zombified one, same with the Slowpoke, Slowbro and Tangela.

BTW, anyone know what that last punching move Mega Charizard X used against Mewtwo? Mega Punch? Dragon Claw? 

I think that it was Mega Punch. It was like Charizard's signature move through the whole animation.

Guys please don't post open spoilers if you're getting into that. Some of us are waiting for sub versions so we can actually understand whats going on.

Eh, I understand how you feel, but this was already officially released, I don't think that people really have to use spoilers. I mean, what is there more to talk about in here now?

I think that it was Mega Punch. It was like Charizard's signature move through the whole animation.

Eh, I understand how you feel, but this was already officially released, I don't think that people really have to use spoilers. I mean, what is there more to talk about in here now?

Think of it like posting manga spoilers on an Attack on Titan anime forum. It kinda ruins the experience. I mean I could always just duck and run our of this thread, but y'know this pertain to my interests; plus there are probably other people like me here. So I do think some spoiler tags do belong here if you guys are really getting into this.

But I disgress, this topic IS for talking about the special. If it gets too messy I'll just avoid this thread for now.

And the funny part is that it got better. Koga is a wizard or something.

But you know I'm hearing how people are complaining how violent Origins is and yet its funny because people have been asking for a Pokemon Special anime for the longest time and this is the closest we gonna get to it.

Yeah this is the closest to more realisitc and brutal pokemon battles with some good dag animation a lot of folks have been wanting. I have ZERO complaints.