Awoo.

Pokemon Origins (October 2013)

Endy

Dear Arceus, what did this animation team do to you Brock. I shudder to imagine what Misty looks like in this.

1098346_10201261736017508_1563658175_n.j

At least Lance looks nice.

We might not see her at all if its a special.

In that case I can imagine it going this way: Choosing a pokemon, Battling Brock, Encounter with Team Rocket at Silph co., Battle Erica, On screen capture of a pokemon (probably Snorlax), Evolution of Charmander (Charmeleon), Battling Giovanni at Viridian,  battling Lance, then battling green, end.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml 

A new Pokemon anime has been confirmed, its to feature the protagonists from Pokemon Red/Blue and is completely separate from the one that stars Ash. Its said to star Red & Green and looks like it has a different art style from the other one. It looks much cleaner and less...scribbly.

Since this new Anime is different from the old one, I thought it would be nice to create a separate topic for this new one, just to avoid confusion or something.

Hopefully this one will turn out better than the Ash one, because I found that one to be pretty boring and formulaic IMO. and hopefully red here is actually competent

OMG (please don't be a fake,please don't be a fake) HOLY CRAP this sounds so awesome!!!!!

As far as Serebii says, this may just be a one-time special.

DON"T KILL IT D X

OMG I think i just creamed my pants...

Also "Y U NO DEAD CHARIZARD?"

Update: never mind............sniff......

Edited by Da Victoes
  • Thumbs Up 1

>Confirmed for special

...Why do you do this to me life...

Nothing gained nothing lost

I was more excited as a kid seeing Jimmy/Ethan and Marina appearing in that Raikou special that I was for this to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

They should switch it from being a one time special to becoming a spin-off series like Pokemon Chronicles.

I'm not surprised. Even if this wasn't a special, I was expecting it to be a bunch of three-minute shorts or something.

I don't like Pokemon again. sad.png

Heres to hopes that its to see how successful it is so that it could probably get off the ground at some point, and not just a one-time thing only. Why would they out of the blue make a Gen 1 adaptation like this anyways? Especially when Gen 6 is just around the corner? Why wouldn't they just make a Gen 6 anime special instead?

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky

Except massive potential...

its not lost though. Think about it. This potential is something we see yet it is something that Game freak doesn't care about. 

...How do you know Game Freak doesn't care about it though? Because I'm pretty sure they do.. and even if they didn't, then why would they make such a special? They know its a good idea, and they know it makes profits. :v

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky

Game Freak doesn't even have anything to do with the animated stuff, they have literally nothing to do with this discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I wish it was a weekly show, having this at the very least is still extremely awesome. Maybe wishful thinking, but if it grand-slams hard enough with people all over and they demand more, maybe we'll get it possibly? Either or, still extremely excited to see this and hope it's as badass as it's looking already.

Honestly I can hope that this will be a long special.

I mean we got Lance right there. I'm sure it will take a lot of time for Red to get there.

Its not like they're gonna do a gym leader montage at all right? ;._.

Honestly I can hope that this will be a long special.

I mean we got Lance right there. I'm sure it will take a lot of time for Red to get there.

Its not like they're gonna do a gym leader montage at all right? ;._.

W-what if that's a daydream sequence? ;w;

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea behind this and everything but I'm not really digging the character designs for some reason. The Pokemon, however, look great.

PFFFFFF this looks AMAZING! >3<

*reads that it's a fucking special*

FML. Seriously, this looks about 10x better than the anime with Ash and the animation and designs are lush~ reminds me a lot of Pokemon Adventures actually.

Okay, crossing my fingers now that this will be SO well received they'll make a series out of it!!

Even if it's a special, there's a chance it'll do so well that they'll make more.

I mean it's clearly being done by a different studio, the art and animation is very different to the usual anime. If it was just a dream sequence or a canon-tie-in like the Jimmy and Marina one, it'd use the same animation style I think. It's definitely a different canon entirely.. so if it's popular, they may try to press more success out of it.

All I can say is, if you have any friends in Japan get them to watch it so the TV ratings will soar through the roof! Cause I'm not sure if online streaming counts :P

It's  a special...

Well, at least I loved the Jimmy and Raikou special. It hopefully means I'm going to see a competent main character again.

Still...just a special.

This is the first thing Pokémon that's not the main games that's excited me since I was about 11. It looks fantastic! Though hearing that it's just a special has somewhat muted it for me. but still I'll happily watch it if it gets dubbed.

The animation honestly reminds me of the Pokemon movies. Which is a good thing, as those looked GOREGOUS.

Also, the anyone else a little weirded out by how the announcer says "The Origin"?:P

This is only gonna be a special?

... Where's that gif of those crying Charizards when you need it? sad.png

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 2