Awoo.

Pokemon Origins (October 2013)

Endy

Do his arms looks a bit...short to you?

Oh my god.

His head is also huge. He's 6 and a half heads tall. Humans are generally drawn at 7 and a half heads unless you're from Clamp or something.

I don't remember; was Mewtwo shown to be capable of speech in the games?

No, he just says "Mew!" when you talk to him.

There isn't a single Pokémon that talks in the games except that Murkrow in G/S. They always say their names or just make random noises likes "Shaaaooo!".

No, he just says "Mew!" when you talk to him.

There isn't a single Pokémon that talks in the games except that Murkrow in G/S. They always say their names or just make random noises likes "Shaaaooo!".

I believe that a Doduo in Saffron talked as well

tumblr_mtflmlCP761r1alb2o1_500.png

Here's some art of Giovanni, looks pretty....bleh.

You're one ugly motherfucker!

He looked best in the first movie, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well maybe this is part of his new backstory. Giovanni, with a rare case of big-headed egoness, has decided to use Pokemon to punish the world for them making fun of him!

Really gives a purpose to the character. *closes eyes and nods head*

• Thumbs Up 2

Latest trailer and such. You can hear the remix of the RBY Battle theme in the background.

This movie just continues to look better and better.  That's an incredible score!  I can't wait to hear the rest!

He looked best in the first movie, IMO.

I agree.  Giovanni looked better in the Anime in general, in my opinion.  Like the other characters, though, this one is supposed to represent his FireRed/LeafGreen appearance if I recall.

DUB CONFIRMED! (Released in four parts on the Pokémon TV app starting on November 15th. Hopefully a DVD release will soon follow.)

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog
  • Thumbs Up 1

New art, logo, and press release from the official site:

news_top_ani_pokemon_origins_zps662f79f5

A new animated adventure begins on November 15th!

Take a new look at a classic era of Pokémon in Pokémon Origins, coming to Pokémon TV! With its original graphical style and new perspectives on the Pokémon hero story, Pokémon Origins will be a can’t-miss experience for every Pokémon fan!

Pokémon Origins tells the story of the very first Pokémon video games, Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, including the first steps of our hero Red as he sets off from Professor Oak’s laboratory. As he explores the Kanto region, he’ll encounter the nefarious Team Rocket, battle his rival Blue, and challenge the Pokémon League.

Watch the first Pokémon Origins episode on Pokémon TV on November 15th. Then over the following days, the remaining episodes of this amazing four-part adventure will be added. Remember that you can watch all of Pokémon Origins on the go with the Pokémon TV mobile app, too. Don’t miss a minute of Pokémon Origins starting November 15th!

Awesome to see this so quickly! Can't wait to give it a watch! biggrin.png

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog

If they do one for Johto in the future they better call it Pokémon Legends.

• Thumbs Up 2

DUB CONFIRMED! (Released in four parts on the Pokémon TV app starting on November 15th. Hopefully a DVD release will soon follow.)

Strange, I was honestly expecting it to have a limited theatrical release like the fifteenth movie.  Hopefully it will make its way on TV at least, and a subsequent DVD released soon after.

If they do one for Johto in the future they better call it Pokémon Legends.

And then delay it for several months so they can make it multiplatform.

Two more characters have been revealed.

ehZpzET.png

Her name is Reina, and she is being voiced by Yui Ishikawa, who voices Mikasa in Attack on Titan.

No idea who she's based off of, but she's likely to be the granddaughter to:

mLAzTEi.png

Mr. Fuji, the caretaker of Pokemon in Lavender Town. He is voiced by Minoru Inaba, who recently voiced King Neptune in One Piece.

So Origins is confirmed to have a Pokemon Tower arc, basically.

At first I thought they were the old guy and little girl you met in Viridian City when the guy wouldn't let you pass.

But yeah, Mr. Fuji and who I assume is his granddaughter makes more sense.

So Origins is confirmed to have a Pokemon Tower arc, basically.

Splendid!  I was hoping that would be the case, since Lavender Town is my favorite area in R/B/Y.  Not because of the creepypasta... well, not just because of the creepypasta, but also because I generally just love the spooky parts of the games.

I still can't believe that they "shoehorned" mega evolutions into this. I mean, the scene was cool, but the point of the animation was to recreate the original games, not X and Y.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

I still can't believe that they "shoehorned" mega evolutions into this. I mean, the scene was cool, but the point of the animation was to recreate the original games, not X and Y.

Man, I can remember back in Pokemon Blue, when I was going up against the Elite Four, I had my Charizard Mega Evolve in a pinch and win the battle!

OH WAIT NO I FUCKING DIDN'T BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY HOLD ITEMS OR FUCKING ANYTHING BACK IN GEN I.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't see the problem, they're just retconning new features into it which is exactly the same as say, a yanma in HGSS being able to evolve into yanmega (like they should've allowed in FRLG)

From a continuity standpoint it only makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cool to see Red actually catching Legendaries.....and catching Mewtwo with a Ultra Ball no less (well two cause Mewtwo broke out of the first one), I was kinda expecting a Master Ball to be used, but hey, save it for Mew. 

Also it's finally cool to see the Pokemon actually "Breaking" out of a Pokeball.

Haven't watched yet.  Hoping someone releases a sub sometime soon.  (Also, forgive me if the following comment is ignorant for that very reason)

But yeah, incorporating mega evolutions into this sort of ruins it.  Even ignoring that it takes away from the "tribute to Gen I" vibe that we were fooled into thinking they were going for, it sort of makes Mega Evolutions seem less special since Pokémon apparently don't require years of vigorous training to transform.  But in fairness, that just may be my "late 90's Pokégods craze-induced nostalgia" talking.  The way I see it, if they're going to introduce this new mechanic, it shouldn't be seen as something relatively easy to obtain.  But that's just me.

Edited by Akito

I don't care if Mega man evolutions are in this, when are they gonna have this shit subbed. Has a fansub team picked it up yet? Or is it being done by the team who does the other Pokemon series?