Awoo.

Pokemon Origins (October 2013)

Endy

Woah that was intense! O_O I hope they keep that in the dub cos if they don't I'm gonna be pissed. Hitokage's scream... *shudder*

See, this is why I wanted Origins to be a proper anime series! I'd watch it even if it was only 13 episodes long. I think it's about time we take a break from Ash, but that's never going to happen obviously.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see the point in cancelling the main anime when they could just have both, they appeal go diffrent folks anyway.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't see the point in cancelling the main anime when they could just have both, they appeal go diffrent folks anyway.

That's true...you could have one anime for younger kids (the current one) and then teens/young adults get the more mature Pokemon Origins series. Or they could release more of these Origins specials featuring different regions. If this one is received well and proves to be popular.

Just got finished watching it:

God damn that was intense yet amazing at the same time! This is exactly how the Pokemon anime should have been! They really do not fuck around in this! That scream when bite was used was downright disturbing! One of the best things about this special was a call back to the orignal games.

I don't have any complaints about this special at all. The animation is great, the characters are great, the pacing is great. I could just go on! It's a shame that this is only a one off special though. I'd love to see this turn into a complete series!

Edited by Kevin

Just got finished watching it:

God damn that was intense yet amazing at the same time! This is exactly how the Pokemon anime should have been! They really do not fuck around in this! That scream when bite was used was downright disturbing! One of the best things about this special was a call back to the orignal games.

I don't have any complaints about this special at all. The animation is great, the characters are great, the pacing is great. I could just go on! It's a shame that this is only a one off special though. I'd love to see this turn into a complete series!

Mind tell me where I can watch it. If its allowed that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mind tell me where I can watch it. If its allowed that is.

Right here. Though it's not subbed yet and the video and audio are out of sync, so you may want to wait until a better version comes out.

Going on a feels trip, brb.

I found the seen of the mother leaving to have greater feels.

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

The Charmander scream gave me PTSD flashbacks to Neon Genesis Evangelion's JP dub screams and I think I like it

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 2

Imagine how it would have been to see this back in 1998 instead of the one we have now....

This is just too good man :)

Jeez. That scream was intense. I tried watching it again and I wanted to cry. By far, one of the most emotional screams I've ever heard. Squirtle, wait til Charmander evolves into Charizard. Your ass is so fucking screwed. To be honest. After that scream, I no longer want a DUBBED version. Especially since I know they will butcher the fuck out of it. Making it more USA kid friendly. I'll watch this SUBBED.

Just this one gif from the Mega Charizard X vs Mewtwo battle made me moisten.

tumblr_mu1omdnsxx1r72ht7o1_500.gif

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW

I MEAN SERIOUSLY HE PUNCHED OUT MEWTWO

MOTHERTRUCKING MEWTWO

Subbed or not, I GOTTA SEE THIS NOW

• Thumbs Up 8

They did not have Pokémon say their names.

They BETTER not change that in the dub. >|

EDIT: Also...

Got through the first episode tonight. I was very, very impressed! It really captured the essence of the games, right down to the HP bars in the gym match. Beautiful!

I just wish official media wasn't so dismissive of nicknames. ;;

Edited by Mega
  • Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mu1y9q6y8P1r2en1ko2_500.jpg

No lines, but this is what an adult-ish Misty looks like. Whee.

Edited by Joshua

...........................I can't get into the Pokemon games due to me finding turn-based RPG's boring but if this is that awesome I REALLY gotta see this now!

can this just replace the anime please  pleeeeeaaaaseeee

:vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  • Thumbs Up 1

*Snip*

But one arguably should have ended years ago and is of very debatable quality and one (from the looks of it) is really, really awesome?

Downloaded this last night, will probably watch it tonight if WWHD hasn't arrived yet. Got the full thing (hour and a half); no subtitles, but I don't really care and they're not massively necessary anyway.