Awoo.

Pokemon Origins (October 2013)

Endy

Lol, The "White Hand" reference in Lavender Town, oh goodness I busted out laughing! Good Times1€

But that poor Mother Marowak, they made it even more clear in hear that Pokemon can die.

I know folks complain about the Charmander cry when bite by Squirtle, but that Marowak cry when the Rocket Grunt killed her..... 

REALLY glad they went with Animal Grunts and sounds over the Name saying, or else I wouldn't have taking this seriously.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Ash gets a lot of his badges without actually winning fights in Kanto. Half of them actually come to think of it.

Brock gives it to him out of pity when sprinklers of all things were what ultimately resulted in Onix's defeat, Pikachu's already broken electric attack getting a boost from something completely unrelated to the battle.

Misty's sister's overrule her authority and give him the Cascade badge. Again, without fighting.

Sabrina's father gives Ash the Marsh badge after she and Kadabra become incapacitated in a rather silly way.

Erika gives him the Rainbow badge for rescuing her Gloom instead of going for a rematch elsewhere.

Yeah...normal series Indigo League was half-underwhelming when it came to gyms. And then there's the serious pacing issues.

I think Koga was pretty much the only battle where Ash won his battle legitimately. The battle with Blaine is kinda on the fence simply because I'm not sure if Ash actually had any control over Charizard during his battle against Magmar, or if it was just doing its own thing that just happen to coincide with Ash, and I'm frankly not sure if Team Rocket really counted for the final Gym badge (not to mention it was kinda anticlimactic that Ash DID NOT face Mewtwo).

I cried twice during the Marowak episode.

I've never really realized how evil and cruel Team Rocket's actions were in Gen I until this.  It hit home hard.

Bravo, Origins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kanto never really had pacing issues in and of itself imo, I consider 10-15 episodes the limit in bad pacing when it comes to the waits between gyms. It does get worse in the next League though, jesus christ but hey at least in Johto he actually earns all the badges.

Actually...

Beginning to Pewter Gym:  Five episodes

Pewter Gym to Cerulean Gym:  Two episodes

Cerulean Gym to Vermillion Gym:  Seven episodes

Vermillion Gym to Saffron Gym:  Eight episodes

Saffron Gym to Celadon Gym:  Two episodes

Celadon Gym to Fuschia Gym:  Six episodes

Fuschia Gym to Cinnabar Gym:  Twenty-six episodes

Cinnabar Gym to Viridian Gym:  Four episodes

I think Koga was pretty much the only battle where Ash won his battle legitimately. The battle with Blaine is kinda on the fence simply because I'm not sure if Ash actually had any control over Charizard during his battle against Magmar, or if it was just doing its own thing that just happen to coincide with Ash, and I'm frankly not sure if Team Rocket really counted for the final Gym badge (not to mention it was kinda anticlimactic that Ash DID NOT face Mewtwo).

Koga and Lt . Surge where legit but both where rematches. Koga's being the fault of Team Rocket interrupting

Koga and Lt . Surge where legit but both where rematches. Koga's being the fault of Team Rocket interrupting

Uh...The Lightning Rod Tail thing. Also Raichu mysteriously not being able to use Thunderbolt (unless they were trying to invoke Power Points).

What the fuck at that Fuschia -> Cinnabar gap. All the other gaps are under 10 episodes and this one is 26? How (my memory of the Kanto series is rusty)?

Marowak's death is very sad yes but there's one thing that's been bothering me about it.

The Rocket Grunt used an electric baton and Marowak is not only immune to electricity because of both its Ground typing and Lighting Rod ability, Marowak is tough as nails with its high Defense stat.

I'm just wondering how it died like it did. Its best not to think about it I suppose.

What the fuck at that Fuschia -> Cinnabar gap. All the other gaps are under 10 episodes and this one is 26? How (my memory of the Kanto series is rusty)?

Uhh apparently, Safari Zone psuedo arc, Charmander to Charizard arc, Togepi's introduction, and the marketing of Pokemon Snap for a couple of episodes.

Well I watched episode 1 and 2. I'm loving it! Man I wish that the anime was like this.

Episode 2 was sad...really sad, but it ended well I guess. Damn you Team Rocket!

Edited by KrazyBean

Marowak's death is very sad yes but there's one thing that's been bothering me about it.

The Rocket Grunt used an electric baton and Marowak is not only immune to electricity because of both its Ground typing and Lighting Rod ability, Marowak is tough as nails with its high Defense stat.

I'm just wondering how it died like it did. Its best not to think about it I suppose.

Yeah, this was the only thing that broke the immersion for me.  Pretty sure a Marowak could take three dudes.

I'm willing to forgive it. 

The original Anime's thunder armor trick has made me very forgiving when it comes to this sort of thing. 

Yeah that was kinda odd that Marowak was done in by Electric Batons.

Hmm...I guess they didn't want to employ Guns or the Whips that the Rocket Grunts used to wield. It would kinda be brutal to have it be whipped to death.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

Okay after watching the first two Pokemon Origins episode i have just one main complaint.....

I kinda with the Pokemon would have no personality, like I know they are kinda on time constraints (which is why the fucking rushed the shit out of the beginning of episode 2) but I really don't get the feeling that Red and his Pokemon are ...friends, you know? Say what you want about Ash's training skills, but he at least sorta bonded with his Pokemon. Pikachu was the mediator, Squirtle was the comedian, Bublasaur was the serious one, Charmander was the shy one, Pidgeotto......uhhh okay you got me there, but still.

But hey, it's only two episodes, maybe that will change. It's still great otherwise.

Edited by Soniman

Damn. Episode two was emotional. I should not be crying in Pokemon but I did. Cubone gave me more feels than anything in the MAIN anime.

Oh... man..

It went straight from Brock to Lavender Town. So much wasted potential. I do hope one day they come back to the series to fill in the gaps.

So wait are all the episodes getting subbed right now?

The first 2 have already been subbed. The other's won't be too long now! biggrin.png

Episode 4. Charizard. I knew there was a reason why you are my favorite Pokemon of all time. Damn you are one sexy Dragon/Lizard . Just damn.