Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

The very idea that THIS is the pic that gave us confirmation that Sonic was still in Smash is fucking hilarious to me.

Well he's on the website, we KNOW he hasn't gone anywhere. Poor Sonic, though... :P

Hey, is it just me, or does Sonic have expressions now, too? That's an epic expression there, Sonic looks PISSED.

I'm sure we'll see some new screenshots with Sonic pretty soon as well.

screen-4.jpg

first pic of Sonic in months and it's this

Nice play Sakurai

screen-5.jpg

"dat sum craaaaaaaaaaaazy shit duuuuuude"

• Thumbs Up 4

Was anyone seriously thinking they'd remove Sonic? Like, really? But hey, confirmation that his mouth isn't in a constant state of smiling!

Little Mac's a cool addition, I'm surprised simply because I've been conditioned to think any character that a lot of Smash Bros. fans are asking for isn't going to happen. tongue.png

Sonic didn't have any expressions before. Confirmed: They were working on adding expressions to Sonic. :D

And yeah, it was obvious the arena was a Punch-Out stage. They just covered up the Punch-Out references to avoid spoiling Little Mac. :D

Yeah, it looks like they've changed up the whole boxing arena to be Punch-Out themed now. Nice, I was hoping for that

Little Mac - Hey Sonic! Guess what? I got a...

screen-4.jpg

PRRRRRRRRRRRROOOMOTION!

Okay, that was lame! :lol:

But yeah, I figured he'd be in, but I've been doubtful as of late until now.

• Thumbs Up 1

illust.jpg

Heh; that is really cool. And speaking of cool, mark me down as another who's happy to see Sonic's face out of its comfort zone. =D

• Thumbs Up 6

illust.jpg

Heh; that is really cool. And speaking of cool, mark me down as another who's happy to see Sonic's face out of its comfort zone. =D

Yeah, they've added some expressions to Sonic now. Looks great! ^^

OH SNAP!

screen-4.jpg

See guys, I told ya Sonic's still in Smash!laugh.png  Also, now I'm reminded of Punch Out.

His biggest feature is his Power Meter. When this gets charged up, his standard special move changes! It turns into a one-hit-K.O. uppercut.

8l0y11c.jpg

OH FUCK. So he sounds like he's pretty dangerous. Wondering how this meter charges. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Iwata: "So, Mr. Sakurai, we've got the launch of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze coming up soon... or there's that Kid Icarus leak that got everyone in a stir recently... so which character do you think would be best to reveal in today's Direct? Diddy Kong? A Diddy-Dixie Kong tag team? Palutena?"

Sakurai: "How about... LITTLE FUCKIN' MAC!!!"

Iwata: "PERFECT!"

Oh my god I am so happy with this news. I absolutely love Punch-Out!! and this is looking perfect. Great to see Doc Louis appear too, I hope he's cheering Mac on from the sidelines with his witty remarks about chocolate :lol:

And that is one hell of a screenshot of him smacking Sonic square in the face. That'll teach him to get redesigned!

.............That sounds utterly cheap as hell, that OHKO punch thing. Mac confirmed for new Meta Knight?