Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Watch them announce Diddy Kong. It's the release date for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in Japan. They'll do it in the pic or the Direct, probably the latter.

maybe a trailer that shows all the characters in action like the e3 trailer and give some highlights on the newcomer or veteran that gets revealed tomorrow.

Someone's got a new move!

30rt9uo.jpg

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

• Thumbs Up 5

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, huh?

That clearly can't be relevant to a certain monkey and his girlfriend who appeared in the latest game of their series, now can it?

Ice Climbers.

Screw all the monkeys, it's Ice Climbers, darn you.

They're siblings, unlike Diddy and Dixie who are boyfriend and girlfriend. VALENTINES.

>Peach is shown in a picture less than 24 hours away from a Nintendo Direct

>Rosalina is revealed.

>Peach is shown in a picture again less than 24 hours away from Nintendo Direct.

>????

Peach is the new Olimar confirmed.

They're siblings, unlike Diddy and Dixie who are boyfriend and girlfriend. VALENTINES.

We don't know how the Ice Climbers are related. I'm pretty sure this was asked in an interview once and the response was along the lines of "we don't know," but I could be mistaken on that one

So I was wrong, no Diddy revealed today, but instead an ND teaser! Dang!

So I'm now thinking we'll likely get something Smash-related at Nintendo Direct, whether it's vets or a newcomer I don't know.. starting to think that Diddy/Dixie thing people are wondering about could turn out true afterall.

We'll have to see!

I expect a Diddy Kong reveal, since Sakuari seems to want to bring back as many vets as he can ​at the expense of newcomers augghhhh. 

Possible character reveal today then? While I can definitely see it being Diddy or Dixie (or both!) due to the DKC: Tropical Freeze tie-in, I reeeeeally hope it's a proper newcomer (which I suppose Dixie would be, but... you know what I mean). I'd settle for Cranky though.

Ah who am I kidding, I just want Sakurai to reveal Palutena and get it over with. I want the Goddess of Light for my Valentine's Day treat, dammit! :P

Possible character reveal today then? While I can definitely see it being Diddy or Dixie (or both!) due to the DKC: Tropical Freeze tie-in, I reeeeeally hope it's a proper newcomer (which I suppose Dixie would be, but... you know what I mean). I'd settle for Cranky though.

Ah who am I kidding, I just want Sakurai to reveal Palutena and get it over with. I want the Goddess of Light for my Valentine's Day treat, dammit! tongue.png

I still think K.Rool is a possibility along witha  Diddy(or even Diddy/Dixie team up), way I imagine it going is a cutesy scene with the 2 and a couple other characters, but then K.Rool does his iconic giant jump in ruining the picnic(and then hilaritaty and battle insues)

I don't see see K. Rool getting in. I love the guy, but with Tropical Freeze just releasing without him being in, I only expect Dixie to get in as a newcomer.

With the exception of Sonic (and this was likely because he's 3rd party), the previous Nintendo Directs to showcase Smash Bros revealed an all-new character. It's not going to be Diddy Kong. If anything, it's going to be Dixie or Cranky, considering they'd be totally new to the series.

Or I could be completely wrong and Sakurai will reveal characters that had no chance in not appearing.

With the exception of Sonic (and this was likely because he's 3rd party), the previous Nintendo Directs to showcase Smash Bros revealed an all-new character. It's not going to be Diddy Kong. If anything, it's going to be Dixie or Cranky, considering they'd be totally new to the series.

Or I could be completely wrong and Sakurai will reveal characters that had no chance in not appearing.

If Dixie is announced, I can't imagine Diddy not being announced along side her.

Also, Luigi was revealed in a Direct, too.

I don't see see K. Rool getting in. I love the guy, but with Tropical Freeze just releasing without him being in, I only expect Dixie to get in as a newcomer.

I still argue that he is THE villian of the DK francise, and has appeared in a couple of more recent spinoffs, and despite him not having a recent appearance, thats because they didnt want DKCR and TF to be rehashes, but something unique

I think we need to wait and see, characters with less relevancy at the time have made it in (G&W, Ice Climbers, ROB), and he is as iconic to the DK francise as they are to nintendo, add to that we do need more villians