Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well Mac isn't silent in the Wii game.  He doesn't speak but he has a voice nonetheless.  Heck he even had a voice during the animated part of the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, I just got a good canidate for classic francise that hasnt been seen forever catergory: Someone from Startropics

I imagine there would be a couple of interesting possible canidates from that game

Clarification, it would proably be mike Jones with his weapons from both games or Zoda, but either way could be quite interesting

I think Doc was just for the trailer. If Doc calls out attacks in Smash it'd be very annoying. A Doc cameo in the Punch Out stage I wouldn't mind similar to the Star Fox Easter Eggs, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well Mac isn't silent in the Wii game.  He doesn't speak but he has a voice nonetheless.  Heck he even had a voice during the animated part of the trailer.

Yeah, I noted a slight Japanese accent when he punched Sandbag.

Holy smokes... that leak at E3 last year was true.

Do you realize what this means?!

thepacisback

• Thumbs Up 5

God damn I was literally just about to post about that.

Little Mac looks brutal. And fun. That one hit K.O. does look OP, but take into fact that he's total ass in the air, and has a bad recovery, makes up for it. Gotta have weaknesses for that strength.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking at those images on the site, and in regards to that image of Mac KOing Mario, shouldn't he be disqualified for knocking out the referee?

So, what's this "leak" I'm hearing about? Can someone post it up again?

I recall a "leak" a while back that had Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Palutena, and Rosalina in it. Said same "leak" did NOT have Lucario in it, so as soon as Lucario was announced, that leak was debunked.

At this point, here's what I'm thinking for "new" franchises:

Golden Sun: Isaac (honestly I can't imagine Isaac not getting in, we already got one AT from the prior game as playable and Golden Sun is getting re-released)

Advance Wars: Not exactly sure, but from what I've seen I'd like Sami. Basically just make her the new Snake with updated moves of course. Like Golden Sun, Advance Wars is getting re-released as well.

Xenoblade: Shulk

Pac-Man: Eh, POSSIBLY. If he is in, he'll probably be announced at E3.

Not really sure other than these four.

EDIT: Is the leak Wii Fit Trainer, Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac? If that's all then it may very well end up true but it still doesn't mean the leak was correct. They just guess lucky. Wii Fit Trainer may seem like an odd choice, but someone may have been able to spot a glance of the trailer before-hand. The other three are just plain obvious; Little Mac was a given, Mii is incredibly likely and Namco is working on the game.

I'd laugh if it turned out Pac-Man ISN'T playable, though.

So, what's this "leak" I'm hearing about? Can someone post it up again?

The original E3 leak said Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Pac-Man and a Mii.

Mii and Pac-Man are the only two missing and the first three were revealed at E3.

After counting 23 characters on the smash site, I'm wondering how close we are to the final roster.

Brawl had 35, and we're definitely missing some veterans. Just to name off what I guess I think is most likely returning at a bare minimum: Game and Watch, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, one of the Pokemon characters (trainer or jiggly), Yoshi, Ganondorf, Wario, Ice Climbers, Capt. Falcon, and one Starfox character. I definitely and am probably wrong with that list but just for the sake of estimates, we'll say that's a likely 30-33 characters including what we have on the smash site. I really want to believe that our roster will be 40 characters, but I'm wondering if they'd actually bring forth enough new characters to actually fill it up that much. I'm sure it's 35 at least to meet what Brawl has, but yeah *shrugs*. If we were to be generous and say both pokemon and starfox characters return as well as ROB (I think I'm only cutting Ike, Lucas, and Snake at this point, and again those could all return and one's I've listed could not of course lmao), then we're already at 36 with what I listed.

Would that just mean 4 more new characters and that's it? Maybe the roster is bigger than 40 (can't see it getting past 45 that's getting crazy big)? Are there more axed veterans than I'm thinking? Maybe it's still too early to try and predict a roster count but still can't help but be curious *shrugs*

Brawl had a bunch of new comers I think 16? I bet it won't be high this time, maybe like 10 new characters. But I'm always open to see more. Just hope its good characters

Also It would be sooo nice if Kirby can get the punch meter since Little mac's KO move is his standard special.

Everyone's so up in arms with excitement about Little Mac and I couldn't be more indifferent. I've heard his name before, but couldn't possibly put it to a face. Never played Punch-Out.

I've seen solo many fan rosters from videos for a long time plus he was in brawl as an assist trophy. A least that how I found out who he is and were he is from.

Wait, so does Mac legitimately get the power meter or was that just for the trailer?

Yeah, it's actually in the game.

Edit: Damn Crocodile ninjas.

• Thumbs Up 1

He can probably get knocked out of it very easy. Also, he has a LOUSY recovery from what we've seen. He doesn't seem to be a very aerial fighter at all, so he does have significant disadvantages.

The fact that Little Mac is very fast with some powerful moves, though, makes me hopeful that they improve Sonic's moveset.

Seeing peach with a new move gives me some hope that they'll give other veterans some new moves too or at least upgrade them like Sonic's homing attack. Make it more direct without the curve he does..ugh.

Brawl had a bunch of new comers I think 16? I bet it won't be high this time, maybe like 10 new characters. But I'm always open to see more. Just hope its good characters

Also It would be sooo nice if Kirby can get the punch meter since Little mac's KO move is his standard special.

At this point... ten new characters may be about right... although I had been anticipating a bit more than that. At this time so far we've got 5 new characters. For the rest I'm thinking Isaac, Shulk, an Advance Wars character, Palutena, and Ridley.

If I were to speculate without regards to limits, I'd say a new Zelda character (either Vaati or Impa would be the best choices), a new Fire Emblem character (either replacing or in addition to Ike), Krystal (replacing either Falco or Wolf, personally I'd say Falco as Wolf is a more anti-hero/villain character, despite knowing that Falco is more iconic), and Dixie Kong (if we are really limited on are remaining cast, I HIGHLY doubt Dixie). That's about all I can think of at this point.

For characters being dropped:

Lucas, Ike (maybe), Snake, Falco and/or Wolf, Pokemon Trainer (I don't think they'll drop Jiggly). Personally I think Ike is good enough and popular enough that he probably won't leave the roster and one new FE character is added simply because the series is pretty big.

I also finding possible that they may not decide to add an Awakening character (yes, they did add an Awakening stage, but I'd have thought an Awakening character would've been announced by now). The fact is that Awakening was only just released this past year... they tend not to introduce characters so close to a character's debut, so I find there being a high chance that Lyn might make it in instead. Personally, if they do add a character from Awakening, I think the best choice wouldn't be any of the main speculations of Chrom, Lucina, or Avatar, but instead:

Grima. Technically, it WOULD be the Avatar, and it'd be an antagonist character, too. Plus, the Final Smash could be a dragon transformation. Maybe its a bit too spoilery, though. Still, if it is this choice, then he/she'd probably be unlockable instead of in by default.

hopefully it isn't broken.

Well it's a 1-Hit KO if you actually get hit by it. I'm wondering if the character's centered around building the meter or or if it's just icing on the cake. This seems to be offset by a terrible recovery. 

The fact is that Awakening was only just released this past year... they tend not to introduce characters so close to a character's debut, so I find there being a high chance that Lyn might make it in instead.

Awakening was released in April 2012 in Japan. Smash 4's development started sometime after March 2012, and was only said to be in its "first steps" by June of the same year, by which point the roster, most likely, wasn't even finalized. Development probably didn't into full swing for a while after that. Not saying we'll actually get an Awakening rep but I don't think it's too recent at all.