Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I wouldn't put Awakening out of the question. Brawl started development the exact same year Path of Radiance came out.

Actually it's probably also worth noting that Roy's appearance in Melee predated his Fire Emblem debut by several months.

• Thumbs Up 1

Strange how one character has actually caused me to get some interest in Smash Bros Wii U (at first thought it would be a new Punch-Out game but managed to pay attention all the way through) and will be interesting to try Little Mac out in the game. Also like that touch showing the old arcade version picture (is actually quite a good game, surprised that Nintendo referenced it since they like to blank their earlier arcade titles and focus on the NES) while referencing a spoiler on Punch-Out Wii.

For some reason, have this hunch that Captain Falcon wouldn't be in this game since looked at the character roster, it seems to be referring to characters that appeared on more recent games [marketing strategy] or in the case of Fox a remake of Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars while the last time Captain Falcon himself appeared in a game was the Japanese only F-Zero Climax. The roster seems fine so far but all it takes is a couple of characters took hook you in game and changing from a game to pick up later to one that you have to get. My worry is the gameplay, if it controls fine and focuses on having a good time without silly mechanics then it will be okay.

I don't know why I haven't been hyped up, got Super Smash Bros and Melee when they were released and fully enjoyed them all the way through but when it got to Brawl, it just became a meh and avoided it for some reason. Maybe it hyped up too much to be a put offer or the various complaints about the game such as the tripping. Hopefully this one will be getting interest but on the sidelines to prevent any disappointments.

Too slow, Giga Mac.

The two screens you posted actually do a good job showcasing how the lighting has improved. 

Strange how one character has actually caused me to get some interest in Smash Bros Wii U (at first thought it would be a new Punch-Out game but managed to pay attention all the way through) and will be interesting to try Little Mac out in the game. Also like that touch showing the old arcade version picture (is actually quite a good game, surprised that Nintendo referenced it since they like to blank their earlier arcade titles and focus on the NES) while referencing a spoiler on Punch-Out Wii.

For some reason, have this hunch that Captain Falcon wouldn't be in this game since looked at the character roster, it seems to be referring to characters that appeared on more recent games [marketing strategy] or in the case of Fox a remake of Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars while the last time Captain Falcon himself appeared in a game was the Japanese only F-Zero Climax. The roster seems fine so far but all it takes is a couple of characters took hook you in game and changing from a game to pick up later to one that you have to get. My worry is the gameplay, if it controls fine and focuses on having a good time without silly mechanics then it will be okay.

I don't know why I haven't been hyped up, got Super Smash Bros and Melee when they were released and fully enjoyed them all the way through but when it got to Brawl, it just became a meh and avoided it for some reason. Maybe it hyped up too much to be a put offer or the various complaints about the game such as the tripping. Hopefully this one will be getting interest but on the sidelines to prevent any disappointments.

Captian Falcon is coming back, its as likely as Game annd watch, or yoshi coming back..... However there are two possibilities of why we havent seen him by now: A) hes a hidden character

or B) they are planning a new f-zero game to reinvigorate the fancise

Everyone's so up in arms with excitement about Little Mac and I couldn't be more indifferent. I've heard his name before, but couldn't possibly put it to a face. Never played Punch-Out.

I'm not into Punch Out either but he totally deserves a spot.  Hell, maybe moreso than the likes of Ice Climbers or Pit when they were added to Smash Bros, considering they hadn't recently had their franchise revived before Smash Bros (and Ice Climbers still haven't of course lol).

No way I'd play him outside of mandatory Single Player content but I look forward to fighting him, he looks super unique.

Kind of disappointed the announcement was Little Mac. I mean, he looks great and all,  but I was hoping for Dixie.

I hope him in his robe is an alternate costume.

The original E3 leak said Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Pac-Man and a Mii.

Mii and Pac-Man are the only two missing and the first three were revealed at E3.

Didn't that same leak also say Tom Nook and Bayonetta were in as well?

1. Ok, finaly got around into looking more into star tropics, and pulled up the sprites... and while mike jones could be interesting, Zoda would be AWESOME, I mean they could do him starting in his normal state, but then he transforms into one of his 3 forms from Startropics 2 Zoda's reveng, now that would make for an interesting moveset, and he would be a fun evil alien XD

For ref his sprites

ST1

52620.png

ST2(his clones technicly but hey)

13050.gif

(spoilered for size)

This has been noted earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd bring it back up to give it a chance to be discussed.

screen-9.jpg

We can see clearly here that the 3DS version also has the Punch-Out!! stage in its roster, which makes it possible that more stages other than Battlefield and Final Destination are shared.

Perhaps Sonic has Windy Hill on both versions, for instance.

Really hope Windy Hill isn't shared.

If I had to make a theory - perhaps only hazardless stages will be the same on both.  The Punch-Out stage clearly looks to be suitable for competitive play by being completely symmetrical and thus far hazardless.  No point limiting very simple stages to just one version.

I'm sure Windy Hill will be in the 3DS version, too. I've been saying this for ages :U

This is probably also in the 3DS version, since there are no handheld games and there's not much else you can do with Punch Out.

It seems a lot of people forgot what this old Smash leak was about. Basically, some news website got tipped a rumour about Smash newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, PacMan and Mii. Supposedly the latter 3 were meant to be revealed in the near future after E3.

The problem is this wasn't reported until after those first 3 characters were revealed, so it could easily be the site trying to get page hits by posting about a possibly legit leak. That, and the second three were supposed to be revealed soon after the initial three, it's been almost a year.. I wouldn't say that's "soon".

Also if Miis are in I'm going to go outside and step on some innocent grass very angrily. That's how pissed off I'll be.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Punch-Out stage is shared in both versions because there's not much you can do with two Punch-Out stages. To just say "fuck it" and add Windy Hill to both versions would be absolutely asinine, because there are far better choices for a second Sonic stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who missed it. 

Toon link. I love you so fucking much. But my goodness. I just found my new main character. Mac is busted to the max. I have to play with him. Damn you Nintendo. You are making me really want a Wii-u just for this game.

After counting 23 characters on the smash site, I'm wondering how close we are to the final roster.

Brawl had 35, and we're definitely missing some veterans. Just to name off what I guess I think is most likely returning at a bare minimum: Game and Watch, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, one of the Pokemon characters (trainer or jiggly), Yoshi, Ganondorf, Wario, Ice Climbers, Capt. Falcon, and one Starfox character. I definitely and am probably wrong with that list but just for the sake of estimates, we'll say that's a likely 30-33 characters including what we have on the smash site. I really want to believe that our roster will be 40 characters, but I'm wondering if they'd actually bring forth enough new characters to actually fill it up that much. I'm sure it's 35 at least to meet what Brawl has, but yeah *shrugs*. If we were to be generous and say both pokemon and starfox characters return as well as ROB (I think I'm only cutting Ike, Lucas, and Snake at this point, and again those could all return and one's I've listed could not of course lmao), then we're already at 36 with what I listed.

Would that just mean 4 more new characters and that's it? Maybe the roster is bigger than 40 (can't see it getting past 45 that's getting crazy big)? Are there more axed veterans than I'm thinking? Maybe it's still too early to try and predict a roster count but still can't help but be curious *shrugs*

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Metaknight and Diddy go to make room for other characters. This is of course the overall roster amount doesn't rise from what Brawl had (36 or was it 35?). If they indeed put 40 in I would say keep them.

Perhaps Sonic has Windy Hill on both versions, for instance.

I really hope not. It's true, I wouldn't like any stage from Lost World. Not just  because I don't like the game to begin with, but because I think that, as far as portable representation goes, a stage from Rush or Rush Adventure would be more appropriate.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cutting Diddy would be an atrocity. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and Diddy is far more important than characters like Toon Link, Jigglypuff or Wario.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems a lot of people forgot what this old Smash leak was about. Basically, some news website got tipped a rumour about Smash newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, PacMan and Mii. Supposedly the latter 3 were meant to be revealed in the near future after E3.

The problem is this wasn't reported until after those first 3 characters were revealed, so it could easily be the site trying to get page hits by posting about a possibly legit leak. That, and the second three were supposed to be revealed soon after the initial three, it's been almost a year.. I wouldn't say that's "soon".

Also if Miis are in I'm going to go outside and step on some innocent grass very angrily. That's how pissed off I'll be.

Actually, the original rumor came from NeoGAF, though I believe the user is a guy who works for a website. Gematsu I think.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Check the timing of the post, it was made before the E3 Direct and has not been edited.

What's wrong with Miis btw? They're a huge part of Nintendo now, particularly since the Wii. Don't see why they shouldn't get in.

• Thumbs Up 1

So who's getting this for 3DS and who's getting this for Wii U? Or both?

I'm not investing in a Wii U for this game, since I already have a 3DS, and I'd like to know who all I'll be able to play with.

Cutting Diddy would be an atrocity. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises and Diddy is far more important than characters like Toon Link, Jigglypuff or Wario.

never really cared for Diddy too much myself, but I know he's a unique enough character to merit his stay. I was just saying that I wouldn't mind seeing him or Metaknight take a backseat to new characters that were never in Smash. Of course, like i said as well, I would love for them to stay if the overall character count for Smash WiiU/3DS increased to 40 or if Nintendo decided to add even more.