Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Why would they cut the best character in the game? Not to mention MK is Sakurai's creation and favourite character. The chances of him getting cut are 0.

So who's getting this for 3DS and who's getting this for Wii U? Or both?

I'm not investing in a Wii U for this game, since I already have a 3DS, and I'd like to know who all I'll be able to play with.

I'm actually getting it for both since I own a Wii U but only like 2 of my friends own one as well. A majority of people in my circle have 3DS's so I'm going to be picking up both versions day 1.

Also, I was just saying who I wouldn't personally mind seeing being cut is all. Never really liked MK or Diddy but like I said, I know their unique enough to merit their stay. I especially don't like MK because watching MK vs MK matches in tournaments is boring, maybe that's why I feel the way I do XD.

I'm not investing in a Wii U for this game, since I already have a 3DS, and I'd like to know who all I'll be able to play with.

I'm getting both for sure, so you'll most likely see me playing on the 3ds version.

Definitely getting this for Wii U. Maybe 3DS if I have one by then but most likely not.

Also Villager already fits the bill for "generic blank slate character" regarding his respective series. Does it much more interestingly than I'd expect Miis to do it as well.

Miis would make a cool assist trophy though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will be getting both versions of the game, so I'd be down to play. 

The Punch-Out stage is shared in both versions because there's not much you can do with two Punch-Out stages. To just say "fuck it" and add Windy Hill to both versions would be absolutely asinine, because there are far better choices for a second Sonic stage.

There are better choices for the first Sonic stage too, but, welp.

And SLoW is the most recent handheld Sonic just the same as it's the most recent console Sonic. I'll be surprised if Windy Hill isn't in the 3DS version, honestly.

I think Mii has massive potential for a moveset in all honesty, and that's disregarding Sakurai's knack for making them out of thin air.

The only way I would accept Mii as a character is if you could customize the moveset. Lots of fighting games do the make-a-character thing.

Sakurai has always been paranoid about looking biased towards his own creations, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Meta Knight horribly nerfed in this game in an attempt to make up for how overpowered he was in Brawl

Or they could look at these things objectively and actually balance him properly this time without going towards either extreme. Who's to say

Every Smash Bros. game has poor balance. The most you can hope for is that the balance will be at least slightly better this time around.

I do hope meta knight returns, and I am getting the wii-u version, mainly because I only have a wii-u, but also because there is a high proablility it will be the better version, and they may delay the 3DS versions release to bolster wii-u sales

Also, on the topic of newcomers, I think the main character from Startropics, Mike Jones would make a good everyman character, although he is an epitome of ninties vibes, although still think Zoda the villian would make for an interesting retro alien tech/shapeshifting based character

I'll be getting the 3DS ver. Since I don't plan on getting a Wii U any time soon. Although the Wii U version looks like a lot of fun!

Also I'm curious if returning stages will be shared or split on both versions if they return....

It looks like Little Mac has Sonic syndrome going on.

The only time Little Mac ever got the KO in the trailer was when his power meter rose up to the OHKO level. All of his other moves shown - all of them - either kept fighters in place for more beatdown, or launched the other fighters at an average distance, and rather slowly. It looks like OHKO will be greatly emphasized.

So that may be the balance. An absolutely incredible and unparalleled ground game, at the expense of limited KO options, and a bad recovery to boot. Little Mac's gonna take a while to get the KO, but by god are you gonna have a blast doing so.

Every Smash Bros. game has poor balance. The most you can hope for is that the balance will be at least slightly better this time around.

Which is a shame, even though the games are still extremely fun. If I remember correctly, didn't Sakurai say in some sort of interview that he doesn't plan on having future balance patches after the release of the game? It would be nice to see the WiiU/3DS hardware being taken advantage of, since you know... updates/patches are a thing now with a Nintendo.

Which is a shame, even though the games are still extremely fun. If I remember correctly, didn't Sakurai say in some sort of interview that he doesn't plan on having future balance patches after the release of the game? It would be nice to see the WiiU/3DS hardware being taken advantage of, since you know... updates/patches are a thing now with a Nintendo.

Nope, infact he isnt opposed to them

That said I think patches are very important to keep the game balanced once it's out. As you already know players are very interested in knowing whether a character is considered strong or weak on the Internet.

re: Mii's, I still want them to be basically Mokujin, where the Mii copies a random fighters moveset.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be getting the Wii U version first, and eventually the 3DS one. Maybe. The Wii U version is more important to me because of local multiplayer.

When Doc Louis joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of coaching Little Mac!

AzCDSky.png

"Leave it to me!"

This doesn't get old

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, maybe they could have Miis replace the "random character" option. You have a Mii selected for it and they change body size and shape depending on the character's moveset.

re: Mii's, I still want them to be basically Mokujin, where the Mii copies a random fighters moveset.

This would only work if all characters were roughly the same size, or even the same body structure. And even if they forced it to work anyway I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about my Mii crawling around quadrupedally like Pikachu, or lumbering about clumsily like DK, or fucking eating people like Kirby and Yoshi.

I probably sound like a broken record the number of times I've gone on about it, but I think Miis should be a showcase of Nintendo peripherals, the Wiimote and Nunchuck most foremost as its basic attacks. Give it a Zapper for a ranged move, use the Gamepad as an item for some kind of gimmick special (I'd personally use it to create blocks under the player ala NSMBU), stuff like that.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sakurai has 25GB to work with. He could easily tweak the movesets to Mii's proportions with entirely seperate coding.

Would be arbitrary as all fuck to do that, but it'd be neat.

Sakurai has 25GB to work with. He could easily tweak the movesets to Mii's proportions with entirely seperate coding.

Would be arbitrary as all fuck to do that, but it'd be neat.

Because the time used to do that could go into about 5 more normal characters?