Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

That pic of the day, huh?

spongebob_imagination.png

I'm hoping it's not just Diddy Kong too. Do you think it'd be possible we'd get both a Vet AND a Newcomer in one Direct? Because that'd be preferable, honestly.

Rainbows?

NEWCOMER! 

Lucky

lucky_the_leprechaun-400-400.jpg

Ah who am I kidding, I just want Sakurai to reveal Palutena and get it over with. I want the Goddess of Light for my Valentine's Day treat, dammit! tongue.png

I'm telling your g/f :P

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say K. Rool's chances mostly depend on how much input the higher-ups at Nintendo have on the character selection. Unless Miyamoto or some other big Nintendo guy specifically demanded Dixie's inclusion, K. Rool is by far the more likely newcomer, having far more game appearances under his belt while Dixie never even appeared in any post-Rare games prior to Tropical Freeze Disregard that, I'm stupid and K. Rool has way more fan demand. The roster was decided some time in 2012, long before Tropical Freeze's official reveal, so really it's all down to how much Sakurai knew at the time. Even then there's nothing stopping both Dixie and K. Rool from getting in the game, especially if it is a Dixie and Diddy tag-team like some people are saying.

K Rool has always seemed like a lamer version of Bowser to me. Dixie's really the only other Donkey Kong character that I actually want in.

It's Goku isn't it?

Sakuuurrraaaaaaiiii...

I was just about to make this joke, fucking hell.

I could do without more fucking Donkey Kong related stuff. Hoping for Palutena.

K Rool has always seemed like a lamer version of Bowser to me.

Dixie has always seemed like a female version of Diddy to me

I'd say K. Rool's chances mostly depend on how much input the higher-ups at Nintendo have on the character selection. Unless Miyamoto or some other big Nintendo guy specifically demanded Dixie's inclusion, K. Rool is by far the more likely newcomer, having far more game appearances under his belt while Dixie never even appeared in any post-Rare games prior to Tropical Freeze, and K. Rool has way more fan demand. The roster was decided some time in 2012, long before Tropical Freeze's official reveal, so really it's all down to how much Sakurai knew at the time. Even then there's nothing stopping both Dixie and K. Rool from getting in the game, especially if it is a Dixie and Diddy tag-team like some people are saying.

This isn't true.

Sakurai really needs to take a couple of weeks off if its really getting that bad, honestly even if the game gets delayed a bit its no reason for him to continue sacrificing his health.

K Rool has always seemed like a lamer version of Bowser to me. Dixie's really the only other Donkey Kong character that I actually want in.

Yeah, well K. Rool can actualy jump, and has a Blunderbuss, beat that

Yeesh, I know Sakurai is the game director and all, but does he not have anyone else play around with the game too?

The guy needs a LONG break.

• Thumbs Up 3

The guy sounds dedicated to a fault, if he doesn't take a break soon her should at least take a very long break after smash Bros

I asked this question in the Nintendo direct thread, I thought I'd bring it here.

Now about little Mac, if he was in the game, would the smash bros ring stage would be a punch out stage or still a smash stage?

If it remains a smash stage then wouldn't it mean we'll most likely have another boxing ring type stage?

If he was in the game tho

I asked this question in the Nintendo direct thread, I thought I'd bring it here.

Now about little Mac, if he was in the game, would the smash bros ring stage would be a punch out stage or still a smash stage?

If it remains a smash stage then wouldn't it mean we'll most likely have another boxing ring type stage?

If he was in the game tho

We speculated that boxing ring being related to Punch Out in one way or another a few times already. We'll just have to wait an see. I personally see it as a new "neutral" stage for the Smash Series aside from Battle Field and Final D, only difference is there's no edge grabbing/guarding/hogging etc. I like the idea of the boxing ring, I can also see it being used a lot for 1v1 or tournament play.

From what we've seen from the boxing ring stage so far, nothing's stopping players from staying by one edge of the stage, waiting for the other guy to come by so he can grab him and throw him into the blastzone. It's completely detrimental to the fight, and it will be a tactic players will use because "Play to Win."

It's the reason why Mario Bros., Onett, Mushroomy Kingdom, and Bridge of Eldin were banned. Unless the stage transforms in some way that'll remove the walkoffs, the boxing ring stage will meet the same fate.

From what we've seen from the boxing ring stage so far, nothing's stopping players from staying by one edge of the stage, waiting for the other guy to come by so he can grab him and throw him into the blastzone. It's completely detrimental to the fight, and it will be a tactic players will use because "Play to Win."

It's the reason why Mario Bros., Onett, Mushroomy Kingdom, and Bridge of Eldin were banned. Unless the stage transforms in some way that'll remove the walkoffs, the boxing ring stage will meet the same fate.

i personally don't see a problem with that honestly. Especially in tournament play where matches will most likely be stocked and timed. If they ban it, they ban it, but I love the idea of this stage. It's a matter of getting past it. I wonder how big the boxing ring is actually and how far the blast zones are from the actual ring.

The way I see it, it's a Punch Out stage, but looks general enough that they could use it without giving anything away.

The fact it's got "Smash Bros" on the mat is because, well, that's what it's being used for! In Punch Out Wii, don't they change the graphics of the mat for different tourneys?