Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

WHOA. The bat certainly got a redesign, it looks way more hardcore. And Sakurai uploaded two images about the bat. That's surprising.

It's making me wish there was a cricket bat skin for it.

I like how the generic looking items so far are having designs that shows its from smash bros.

They should make the soccer ball into a mario strikers soccer ball.

I don't think the bat needed a redesign, but it's still pretty damn awesome regardless.

Anyone know what that symbol on there is supposed to be, though? Looks like an eyeball or something.

Just a circle I i guess you can see it on the second pic, but its on the top of the bat.

plus The fan and soccer ball should get redesigns too. making generic items look like they come from smash bros. you can even see the Smash logo on the bottom of the bat.

It's not important, but I prefer it looking like a perfectly normal wooden bat.

I don't think the bat needed a redesign, but it's still pretty damn awesome regardless.

Anyone know what that symbol on there is supposed to be, though? Looks like an eyeball or something.

Maybe it's supposed to be a target?

Just a circle I i guess you can see it on the second pic, but its on the top of the bat.

plus The fan and soccer ball should get redesigns too. making generic items look like they come from smash bros. you can even see the Smash logo on the bottom of the bat.

Oh wow!! I didn't even see that one, that's a pretty neat detail. By the way...do you guys think the Wii Fit ball is an item? or part of WFT's arsenal ?  Probably an attack that can be later used as an item by other characters. Cause we can see Mario using it, but you can also see a screenshot where WFT is actually jumping and hitting the ball with her forehead, as in... she makes the ball appear. So it's probably like Diddy's bananas.

Normal wooden bats are boring. I'd prefer it if all items were designed in a way that makes them seem as if they are individual to the SSB world. I approve.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally think the "real world" items are funnier for looking mundane in an otherwise bombastic universe (it's why the photorealistic food was so amusing when it was first shown-off back on Melee), but I have no strong negative feelings towards a redesign either.  Certainly will make it stand out more on screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow!! I didn't even see that one, that's a pretty neat detail. By the way...do you guys think the Wii Fit ball is an item? or part of WFT's arsenal ?  Probably an attack that can be later used as an item by other characters. Cause we can see Mario using it, but you can also see a screenshot where WFT is actually jumping and hitting the ball with her forehead, as in... she makes the ball appear. So it's probably like Diddy's bananas.

It was in the developer direct, you can see her spawning the ball but I kinda doubt it will act the same as the item soccer ball, those balls pack a punch.

Say what if they went Megaman style on the soccer ball? that would be a cool reference

• Thumbs Up 1

Say what if they went Megaman style on the soccer ball? that would be a cool reference

Plus Sonic springs for regular springs? No? ...anybody? tongue.png

Joking aside, that would've been a neat change if Sonic had a different Up B special move. Wouldn't be too hard I guess.

By the way what would you think if pokeballs had the great ball / ultra ball designs to indicate how strong the Pokémon is gonna be ? I don't mind the current one, might be best to keep it that way so no one knows what is about to come, if its a Wobuffet or a Lengendary.

It was in the developer direct, you can see her spawning the ball but I kinda doubt it will act the same as the item soccer ball, those balls pack a punch.

True, but do you think others will be able to pick it up? or that one screenshot with Mario is just a very well-timed picture?

By the way what would you think if pokeballs had the great ball / ultra ball designs to indicate how strong the Pokémon is gonna be ? I don't mind the current one, might be best to keep it that way so no one knows what is about to come, if its a Wobuffet or a Lengendary.

Honestly, I'd like it if this was a thing for all items with otherwise random outcomes. Could have the Assist Trophy item actually display the trophy inside, have fire boxes replace exploding crates outright etc.

A well timed screen shot, it I'm correct mario is doing his up air while the ball is just over him. I think I can recreate that screenshot with brawl with the old soccer ball.

Oh boy another big revreal! Hopefully we can see some sonic tomorrow its been 2 months since we have seen ANY thing from him, not in character profiles, extra Zelda pics, rosalina trailer, and Potd.

Other than that can't wait to see what's up for tomorrow.

Release date please....

Is it bad I think the bat needs a buff? It took a FOREVER for the characters to finally swing the thing.

Yes because 1) swinging it was an instant kill except on stages with loads of walls or absolutely massive stages and 2) the bat is best used when it's thrown, as it's a big fast hitbox that deals about 20% and high knockback on contact.  It's certainly not broken, but it's definitely one of the better items.