Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Seeing as though they've been keeping up a tradition of bringing a classic character into the roster since melee (G&W and rob) what if for this game they bring in a character using the nintendo powerglove? It hasn't been mentioned before in smash bros and it would be cool to see it used somehow in this one.

Seeing as though they've been keeping up a tradition of bringing a classic character into the roster since melee (G&W and rob) what if for this game they bring in a character using the nintendo powerglove? It hasn't been mentioned before in smash bros and it would be cool to see it used somehow in this one.

only thing that would make sense on that point would be Captian N, which could be interesting, as for an alternative classic rep what about... actualy nothing pops out at the moment, but when it is revealed it will be overly obvious in hindsight

We have four "retro" characters so far. Ice Climbers, Pit (though given his reboot, he might not count anymore), Rob and G&W.

I'd imagine Balloon Fighter would have been the next logical conclusion, but Villager took his helmet.

Maybe the Duck Hunt Dog? People request him just so they can kick his ass. XD

I assume Little Mac isn't classic enough.

He might be but im thinking more along the lines of non-specific nintendo characters/accessories like G&W and rob.

I always pegged the likes of G&W and R.O.B. as Console Related reps, since Game & Watches were like Nintendy's first gamey things and R.O.B. was a peripheral. So if anything, I'd say Wii Fit Trainer covers that since she represents the insanely popular Wii Fit.

The retro characters to me are the Ice Climbers and Pit. Though, if we do get a Retro Character, I'm slightly banking on Takamaru mostly cuz of that Ninja Castle mini game in Nintendoland. 

Punch-Out has a game on the Wii so it isn't really "retro" any more

And R.O.B. was playable in Mario Kart DS, 3 years prior SSBB.

Sorry, argument invalid.

I assume Little Mac isn't classic enough.

And R.O.B. was playable in Mario Kart DS, 3 years prior SSBB.

Sorry, argument invalid.

I'm talking retro/classic characters who haven't had their own game in years.

Pit and Little Mac got full fledged series reboots, ROB in Mario Kart was a bonus. If Little Mac was in, he'd be a rep for Punch Out in general, not a "retro-revival" character.

I'm still amazed Balloon Fighter still hasn't been considered, though. Whenever Nintendo wants to do a callback to a classic game that isn't Mario or Zelda, it's almost always Balloon Fight.

aww yes, Mother Brain got in

I'm excited for Smash 4 now.

Very cool update! It's nice to see Mother Brain in the game as an assist.

Though I'd hate to say this, I have the urge to do so, so,

"When Mother Brain joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of FIRIN' DA LAZAR!"

"Leave it to me!""

Nice strawman there

I don't know: what counts is that both had a playable appereance recently. Granted, having a personal game is more relevant then just being playable in someone else's game, but i think it still counts towards the fact that R.O.B. wasn't a complete forgotten character too. Also, Punch-Out is relatively unknown in the standards of the Nintendo series, and its first game was one of the first games on NES, so indeed it looks it has common elements with Balloon Fighter and R.O.B..

On the note of obscurity though, i would like to see professor Hector from Gyromite as an assist trophy, raising coloumns to block parts of the arena and inflicting damage to those who are caught in the process.

I would consider Little Mac a retro character regardless of the more recent game because the original is really old, he didn't get a game for a long time, and getting a new game was a one-off which didn't shift it into a prolific series.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to stop calling it retro just because it got a little bit of attention relatively recently.

• Thumbs Up 4

The one retro character I'd like to see, that is somewhat obscure (although I bet you guys must be tired of hearing it) is Sukapon!!

He comes from a fighting game, and has a lot of potential, since he can use the moves of his other robot friends (sounds like megaman I know, but it could still be different) 

Don't you love the simple yet lovable design?

v3_jacket2.jpg

Besides Sakurai could update / touch up his model, like he did with Pit, dunno, it could be something more like this:

Sukapon_by_fryguy64.jpg

The one retro character I'd like to see, that is somewhat obscure (although I bet you guys must be tired of hearing it) is Sukapon!!

He comes from a fighting game, and has a lot of potential, since he can use the moves of his other robot friends (sounds like megaman I know, but it could still be different) 

Don't you love the simple yet lovable design?

v3_jacket2.jpg

Besides Sakurai could update / touch up his model, like he did with Pit, dunno, it could be something more like this:

Sukapon_by_fryguy64.jpg

I would have to agree there. Sukapon. I'd say that he would make a great addition to this game as a fighter. It would be fun to play as a character who had hands and feet, but no arms and legs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dark monita for assist trophy?

I hope Nintendo land gets in as a stage. The game was really great. Hopefully they can swing in a sequel.

The purple guy is just like rayman lol.

On the note of obscurity though, i would like to see professor Hector from Gyromite as an assist trophy, raising coloumns to block parts of the arena and inflicting damage to those who are caught in the process.

Actually now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind Gyromite as some kind of stage instead. Every Smash game so far has contained at least one NES retread (even if they're largely Mario based, with the arguable exception of Brawl's 75m), and Gyromite would fit right in. Not to mention its gimmicks are better suited to stage hazards anyway, and it would make the perfect home field stage for ROB.

I hope Nintendo land gets in as a stage.

You're basically asking for a homage to Nintendo franchises to be featured in... a homage to Nintendo franchises. Doesn't that come off as Inception levels of wierd to you? Personally as long as Monita shows up in some form that'll already be more than enough for me.

You're basically asking for a homage to Nintendo franchises to be featured in... a homage to Nintendo franchises. Doesn't that come off as Inception levels of wierd to you?

*Inception horn*

45762061.jpg

I apologize. But you walked right into that one.

But, yeah, I'd say a Monita assist trophy is enough, I don't think Nintendoland warrants its own stage, either.

• Thumbs Up 8

Nintendo Land was very much it's own thing.  If they did a stage it would obviously be the plaza anyway, perhaps with moving scenery from various Nintendo games (of course in their cobbled-together materials theme park style).

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAaaat! Not a good idea? Lol the plaza would be a nice stage to show off the plaza and stuff.

The battle can be set on the tower and sometimes the platform can act as an elevator when it goes down, you are able to battle on the ground and when it goes back up you gotta make sure you go back on the platform to be safe. But that's just an idea.

It can work. Lol

Nintendo's E3 conference this year will end with a fireworks demonstration in Smash Bros' Nintendoland stage.

• Thumbs Up 3

Or they'll just do a Nintendo direct again.

Lol I'm alone with this idea.....

They;ve already said, time and time again, that the absence of a Nintendo conference last year was a one-off thing.

what if for this game they bring in a character using the nintendo powerglove?

Please make it some 90's kid with the powerglove on.

I'm talking 90's haircut, 90's clothes, and 90's quotes. The whole ninety yards

Like these fella here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ApypJw-JAI

Edit: I thought it was pretty clear this was a joke.