Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Boom Sonic and Classic Sonic will be revealed as alts tomorrow.

Book it.

And Amy is annouced as playable

inb4Ridley

Man, that Assist Trophy looks badass. I hope it's as strong as it looks. Most of the Assist Trophies in Brawl weren't all that strong.

New Assist Trophy!

tumblr_n0m53ieCnW1sntotwo1_500.png

I wonder if you can attack it or if you're just forced to avoid it's attacks. :V

>"massive"

>inb4 Ridley jokes

aww yes, Mother Brain got in

I'm excited for Smash 4 now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, that Assist Trophy looks badass. I hope it's as strong as it looks. Most of the Assist Trophies in Brawl weren't all that strong.

I dunno about "most"... Waluigi's an asshole, Tingle can be potentially borderline gamebreaking, at least one person on the field is almost certaintly dead whenever Lyn shows up, Isaac can land an incredibly cheap kill if there's no vertical room to manuever, and under no circumstances do you ever fuck with Knuckle Joe. But in the same light as Pokeballs it's worth noting that ATs are essentially chance items anyway, not that I agree with such a concept - and for that to work you need a bit of fluff to separate the badasses.

Seeing as that's probably the same hyper beam that MB uses in Super Metroid (which was enough to nearly take out all your shield in a single burst), I think it's pretty safe to say this is gonna fuckin' hurt if you get caught in it either way.

While Sonic Boom does have a chance of being rep'd in Smash, I don't think ya'll should be considering anything definite, especially since Sonic Boom isn't even touching Japan.

I know that didn't affect Lucas and Marth's original chances of getting in when they weren't in Western games, but to be honest it's just not very likely that Sakurai even knew of Boom's existence back when SSB4 started development.

Mother Brain looks quite powerful, for an assist trophy.

Anywho, I think the only Sonic Boom representation we may get is giving Sonic's model a brown scarf/bandana and lots of sports tape as one of his alternate skins. I don't think we'll get anything else.

I wouldn't mind a Sonic Boom alt. as long as they don't replace the main model with it. I'm warming up to Sonic Boom, the models are actually good, the only minor problems I have are Sonic's blue arms, wich somehow bothers me everytime I see them, besides the lankyness, and Buffles, but the rest are okay.

Awesome assist though!!! Looks powerful : )  So we got so far:

-New items:

-Beetle from SS

-X-Bomb from KI

-SteelDiver Gun from SteelDiver

-New Assists:

-Skull Kid

-Mother Brain

-Ashley

-Nintendog ( not really new, but a new breed)

(Starfy returning)

-New Pokeball:

-Palkia (alas he appeared before but as hazard)

-Xerneas (apparently)

So little by little seems like nothing but we got a bunch of new items huh? Nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was kind of hoping Mother Brain would be a boss battle

Eh, by design she would pretty much embody the "attack sponge" boring boss battle trope that all the Brawl bosses had going for them.  Unless you wanted the more humanoid one from... whatever Metroid game she's in, I'm not a big fan, lol.  Super Metroid?

Slightly off-topic but, seeing my previous list of new items, we got an AOE item, (sort of like the smart bomb, but bigger) with the X-Bomb, our shooting item (SteelDiver) but we haven't got a new melee item (sword, bat) what ideas do you have for a new melee-type of item? or what do you think we could get?

I can see a KI weapon making it, Amy's hammer would be neat, Sonic getting an item is possible, but then again the golden hammer already looks like it. Any ideas?

Yeah I can see them using Amy's Piko Piko Hammer as a possible item to represent the Sonic series.

I can also picture the E - Tanks from the Mega Man series has a possible healing item.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ridley chances are currently skyrocketingSakurai's trolling us

When the Metriod stage was first announced didn't we already see Ridley as a stage hazard?

When the Metriod stage was first announced didn't we already see Ridley as a stage hazard?

He hasn't physically appeared in the stage yet oddly enough through,