Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

problem is what would Fox, Mario, Captian Falcon, Megaman(well I guess he could be scarfed copy), or peach turn into XD not to mention Rosalina, Dedede, Pichachu, of Donkey kong, or ROB

I was only joking. I'm sorry man but that's an awful idea. That's like saying:

"What did people hate about Twilight Princess?"

"Those annoying werewolf sections."

"What did people hate about Sonic Unleashed?"

"Those annoying werehog sections."

"Great, so let's just mash it all together. Two wrongs make a right."

• Thumbs Up 1

I want a Zelda stage that's not generic or boring. All the Smash series Zelda stages have been that way, with the exception of both Lake Hylia and the pirate ship stage, and even Hylia was just too tiny. :v

Lake Hylia? What Lake Hylia stage?

The only thing that even remotely resembles that from what I recall is Great Bay, which is completely different. And Great Bay is the bay to what appears to be an OCEAN, not a lake (unless its a VERY large lake, which I guess is possible; you can't see across Lake Michigan or Lake Superior either except at the very narrow ends of the lakes; I'm from midwest US tongue.png).

Lake Hylia is fairly large, but honestly I've seen real life ponds larger than Lake Hylia unless you go by the scale theory (granted, Lake Hylia is about its depth).

TP's Hyrule Field didn't have much to do in it but it was vast and amazing, especially compared to Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field. That said, I don't see how they can possibly make a Hyrule Field stage, it'd be way too big and vast for that to work well. And I thought that the Eldin Bridge stage was bland.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, Lake Hylia might be a GREAT place to have a stage. Have Fabio's floating amusement park nearby, with the ability to jump across the rocks and have the slightly higher platform off to the left as well than can all be accessed. Perhaps with a few floating rafts in the area, too. Maybe if they include the cannon, fighters can jump in the cannon and launch in one of several directions randomly. (Or players could be knocked INTO the cannon).

I guess we could have a stage set inside Hyrule Castle? Could work for either Wii U or 3DS.

Wii U could have the stage set inside the Wind Waker version, on the floor in front of the giant Link statue. Simple flat stage with those rotating triangle blocks as the only platforms. Moblins could charge in and move the blocks around occasionally.

In the background, the castle would slowly will with more and more enemies, until the statue slides back, King Hyrule rises out from the stairwell and raises the Master Sword, blasting all the enemies away in a flash of light. Repeat ad infinitum.

Of course, when Toon Link is being played as, Alfonzo takes the place of the statue.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!" :V

For 3DS, we've just had Link Between Worlds, so set that version up in a similar way, but with enemies popping out of the walls and throwing spears into the playable area.

Or something.

Speaking of stages, what Pokemon based location do you guys think will be in the game (other than the inevitable Pokemon Stadium)? I'm personally hoping for N's castle or Lumoise City.

I'm kind of tired of the PKMN Stadiums already to be honest. I'd love to have Saffron City back, though fuck knows how that would work out. Maybe fleshing out the view of the city beneath would be pretty cool.

If it were up to me I'd do a Tin Tower stage, though that's mostly my bias towards Gen II. =V

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind seeing the Plasma Frigate or Lumiose City, Yeah odds are the 3DS version will have a better selection of Pokemon stages.

I prolly posted this exact idea before like a hundred pages ago or something but: my dream Wind Waker stage would be one where the gimmick is that the arena changes every minute or so via cyclone, but other than that they're just straight, hazardless designs - kinda like Delfino Plaza but without the "tour" element.  The cyclone would just engulf the screen like the "whoosh" effect from Castle Siege.

These islands would be perfect for Smashing on as they are (naturally I ask you to cast your memory back to imagine them from a 2D side view perspective as some of these screenshots aren't great examples of that context):

opip.jpg5csj.jpgdaqo.jpgyoz5.jpgj7uc.jpgfotj.jpgolnq.jpg

They'd prolly need a little reshuffling like Great Bay got just to be 100% efficient as Smash stages but yeah.  And if they included an option to hold a button to choose a starting point and a button that makes it so you never warp, you get a good few simple but varied terrains to play All Fox No Items Final Destination if that's your style.

Or just do Spectacle Island I really love Spectacle Island it's such an adorably little cosy design.  Q_Q

• Thumbs Up 4

There's only one Game Freak stage I'm really wanting to see.

harmoknight_032513_1600.jpg

Have it take place in Woodwin Village or Marching Hills, a flat stage with platforms on either side, with cymbal plants and drum platforms in the background. It can replace Hanenbow as the music-based stage, with the added benefit of people actually knowing Harmoknight exists.

Tempo can even be the stage hazard. At random points in the match, Tempo will run up to the area, ready to collect notes that spontaneously appear in a pattern. He can bash fighters with his staff, but he's on a set path, so it would be easy to avoid him. As he's collecting the notes, the notes will play a little medley that can serve as musical Easter Eggs - Totaka's song, the Mario Bros. clear theme, the Pokemon capture theme, a random ocarina medley from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, etc.

This sounds like such a good idea to me, yet I doubt it will happen. sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Double post for pic reasons.

Extremespeed got a distance buff.

5zdrah.jpg

"Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area."

So the more damaged Lucario is, not only does he get stronger, but his recovery becomes more reliable.

Man the effects on that look awesome.

Also, Luigi i'm sorry man but your jumping ability won't ever compare to this.

So the more damaged Lucario is, not only does he get stronger, but his recovery becomes more reliable.

The irony since being more damaged will make you fly farther away and closer to death.

Luigi is holding his hat now? I guess he is, he had his arms sticking out from before. But this one looks better.

Seems like lucario is getting more powerful now and his recover won't suck as much, especially with the new edge thing going on, because his recover doesn't do damage. I wish my mains gets some changes, my fifth best is bowser which I am excited to try out. As for peach, luigi, Kirby and sonic, they gotta bring out some new stuff. Everyone should at least.

I liked the Pokemon stage, hopefully there are way more environments in the stage, and maybe add something new to make it different from the other stadiums like maybe others events could happen other than scenery changing.

So basically, the more damaged Lucario is, the better and stronger his moves are overall? Wow. So far he sounds absolutely ridiculous in this game. Hopefully this doesn't mean that he's useless at low %...

So basically, the more damaged Lucario is, the better and stronger his moves are overall? Wow. So far he sounds absolutely ridiculous in this game. Hopefully this doesn't mean that he's useless at low %...

Most likely useless, to me at least, he's just too slow for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gosh with each picture Lucario's design is looking dumber and dumber. So not only have they accentuated a stupid backasswards mechanic but they made it easier to survive with this recovery buff meaning it has become easier to stay alive whilst powered up. I like Lucario as a Pokemon I really do. Cool design, cool move pool, cool typing, the aura etc. Just that his Smash design baffles me

I can't believe how many of you that are convinced that the character is too strong at this point in time. He definitely seems better than he was in Brawl but it's not like he was unbelievably strong in that game either. Lucario's recovery was absolute garbage before and it needed to get better.

I wish Sakurai would release information like this about Sonic, but I doubt he's even paying that much attention to the character at all. He'll probably be garbage again.

• Thumbs Up 6

Luigi is holding his hat now? I guess he is, he had his arms sticking out from before. But this one looks better.

That was the 3DS version...but I think its either because he reached the peak of his jump or its the regular Mario jumping animation that he probably still has.

All of these awesome Lucario changes leave me hopeful that Wario will get an overhaul too! I want more of his signature moves implemented!

That was the 3DS version...but I think its either because he reached the peak of his jump or its the regular Mario jumping animation that he probably still has.

You can see it in the Wii u version too, its the pic when super Mario 3d world came out in Japan. But your probably right, he probably makes this looks as he is going down, making him hold his hat.