Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Inb4peopleusetheAssistTrophylogictoassumeShadowwillbeplayable.

It's just...not gonna happen. Everyone agrees right?

its the difference between the protaganist of a kinda large first party francise, and a secondary character from a third party guest francise, the logic acutaly makes sense in this case

Toon Zelda was already considered for Brawl tho, which makes her a lot more likely than some people think

Ugh. That's basically the character I'd want the least short of the likes of Tingle as far as Zelda goes.

Toon Zelda was already considered for Brawl tho, which makes her a lot more likely than some people think

I KNOW she was considered for Brawl. And I hope they seriously RE-CONSIDER adding her in this game. We don't need her just as much as we don't need Toon Link, either.

Shadow's not going to happen. But it should be noted that he and Gray Wolf WERE considered for playables. They were made Assists because Konami and Sega only wanted Snake and Sonic. So no, I don't see Shadow being added as playable. Every time I bring up the Assist Trophy argument, I'm ignoring the third-parties.

At the same time... I'd love a Shadow costume for Sonic. I think it'd be cool and has a decent chance. But meh... probably won't happen.

Off-topic: On another note, I WOULD absolutely LOVE to see a new Sonic-based fighting game, or even a crossover Sonic game with a variety of characters. Shadow was absolutely epic in Sonic Battle and he'd be awesome in a new Sonic fighting game. As long as they balance him a bit so he's not so OP as in Sonic Battle, of course. ^^

EDIT: On yet another note, if Shadow is an Assist again, they need to change his ability to something else, or give him a variety of Chaos powers he can use instead of just making him a glorified Clock item.

As a playable? Yeah, I agree. I don't see that shit happening. (although fuck me if it does :lol:)

Now as an AT again, probably.

Yeah I could see him returning as a Assist Trophy. Although I hope they also add a second Sonic AT. Specifically Eggman. Cause I mean come on! It's Eggman! Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Deadly Six got to be a AT.

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzRbcG9slWwZRhk

" Pic of the day. Rosalina's down special move, tentatively called the Gravitational Pull, sucks up items and weapons. Weapons will be disabled when using this move, of course. You have to shake the Wii Remote to perform this move in Super Mario Galaxy, but you won't need to do that in this game."

^ That's pretty cool. I love that they left the cursor on it.

I don't think Shadow will be an Assist Trophy this time. He's kind of lost all relevance since 2008. Deadly Six are more likely.

I'd much rather have someone like Tails as Sonic's Assist Trophy rep.

Speaking of which, I wonder who Mega Man'll get. Proto Man? Bass? An obligatory Zero because why not?

Zero would be awesome, and I would really like that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Beat would be the easiest Assist Trophy to make, since its basically a ball that attacks all that Megaman gets close to. Sounds easy to implement. Bonus points for indirectly referencing Dr. Cossack too.

I'd like a Roll AT though. If she can't be playable, she can at least have some use in-game, with her broomstick from Powered Up, or maybe have her own variation of the Mega Buster but isn't integrated to her body. Wolf got a Landmaster of his own in Brawl, same concept can apply here.

Isaac is literally my most wanted character in the game because it leads to Golden Sun stages and Golden Sun music. And general Golden Sun-ness, I don't think ya'll know how long I've wanted a Golden Sun rep in Smash Bros for (since like 2003)

But after the fandom decided it was a lovely idea to collectively not buy and hate Dark Dawn (I personally enjoyed it a lot for giving me anything from the series in so long but hey oops) I'm becoming more and more convinced that the series is totally dead to Nintendo now. They said they'd make a GS4 if Dark Dawn was successful or if there was demand for it, but Dark Dawn just put everyone off, it wasn't even slightly successful and now there's no demand at all.

So no, even though there's literally no other character I'd love to see in Smash more than Isaac even if he'd have one of the most original movesets in Smash and bring with him tons of cool stages trophies and music, I'm not predicting him with confidence and I don't think he's likely. Maybe the series used to be important to Nintendo, but I don't think it is anymore after Dark Dawn's poor reception. They'd much rather commission Camelot to do Mario sports games for the rest of time than give Camelot the time and resources needed to make another Golden Sun game lmao.

Also I think that list is really iffy because Toon Zelda and lack of Falco, Ike and Lucario. I used to think Lucario was gonna leave but now I think there's no real reason for him to leave, he's still very much relevant. Like he literally introduced the Mega mechanic and in canon Lucario was the first Pokémon to ever achieve it, there's a frickin huge tower of him in XY. He's still just as relevant as Mewtwo if not moreso as far as the games are concerned (still if he's gone I won't be totally surprised, I just find it iffy).

• Thumbs Up 3

I think 3DS will get GS4. Camelot has been busy doing Mario Tennis and now Golf, which were missing last gen, but once Golf is done, I think they'll get to work on GS4, if they haven't yet started.

Isaac in SSB4 would be really cool. I think Psynergy would just make a great moveset.

• Thumbs Up 3

^ That's pretty cool. I love that they left the cursor on it.

I don't think Shadow will be an Assist Trophy this time. He's kind of lost all relevance since 2008. Deadly Six are more likely.

Got I hope not. The Deadly Six would be worthless. If they replace Shadow as an Assist (or better yet just add a new Assist), add some major RECURRING characters. Not some one-off crappy villains that will never see the light of day again. Since Sonic is a veteran now, I can see him getting a bit more relevance in the game. Maybe two Assist Trophies and his own boss, PERHAPS two stages, but only if they make Green Hill Zone a Brawl returning stage.

Shadow hasn't really lost any relevance, though. He still appears in every single spinoff game that comes out. He's still one of the main characters. There's tons of characters that literally don't appear at all now.

Personally I think it'd be cool if they removed Shadow as an Assist and made him an re-skin of Sonic, but that probably wouldn't happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

For some reason having shadow as a re skin wouldn't really make much sense to me, mostly since besides his speed he doesn't really have any moves in common with sonic and unlike luigi he hasn't really proven to be much of a clone to sonics moves in the past (talking about the character in general not specifically from a gameplay standpoint). Sure it would be cool to have him as a skin but with how much moveset potential he has and with the above reasons it would be pretty weird to play as him without any of his signature moves throughout the series.

Honestly, even Sonic having Shadow colors would be cool. Don't necessarily need a full-on reskin. It'd be a nice nod to Shadow and they can replace the Shadow Assist Trophy with someone else.

Shadow has to do something else if he is an assist trophy, even if they take out the stopwatch from this game, its still a boring move. 

Shadow has to do something else if he is an assist trophy, even if they take out the stopwatch from this game, its still a boring move. 

Maybe they can have him perform chaos blast instead of chaos control.

Honestly, even Sonic having Shadow colors would be cool. Don't necessarily need a full-on reskin. It'd be a nice nod to Shadow and they can replace the Shadow Assist Trophy with someone else.

Yeah, I guess. I just think it would be pretty cool if he could be a full on character (though I know thats not gonna happen).

Maybe they can have him perform chaos blast instead of chaos control.

Thats what I was thinking too, his blast can be random I guess sometimes its big, medium or small, so he isn't too predictable.

I'll laugh if Silver is the Assist Trophy, or a Alt Skin for Sonic.(Well I'd take him over the D6 anyway.) Tails also could now that I think about it be a AT for Sonic. He's far more relevant nowadays compared to around Brawls time. Knuckles....I wouldn't hold my breath. But I still want to see Eggman above anyone else.

Hey, on the topic of Chaos Blast, have we heard of SubSpace bombs returning? Cause that's how I imagine a Shadow Chaos Blast Assist Trophy would work.

I'll laugh if Silver is the Assist Trophy, or a Alt Skin for Sonic.(Well I'd take him over the D6 anyway.) Tails also could now that I think about it be a AT for Sonic. He's far more relevant nowadays compared to around Brawls time. Knuckles....I wouldn't hold my breath. But I still want to see Eggman above anyone else.

Silver could come out and use his telekinesis, a light green circle appears around him and anyone who gets caught would be stuck, making the player being able to beat them up, then silver will throw them away but you gotta build up their percentage fast to make silver take them out. Ideas

Metal Sonic also could be interesting. He's got a plethora of potential moves based off of Sonic 4 and Generations. Perhaps that beam from Generations that he charges and then shoots?

sonic-generations-20110721024958179_640w

• Thumbs Up 1