Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

But no Nintendo Direct announcement today? Well dang. Guess I was wrong about that.

Have confirmed there won't be one? If they haven't then is there any chance of it getting announced later today?

We definitely need one before March, otherwise how are Nintendo going to announce Mario Kart 8's release date without a Direct?

If you think statue Palutena debunks playable Palutena idk what to say to you. Luckily most people here seem to be smarter than that. Besides, statue Palutena is too big!

As for NDirect, if there was one tomorrow (and they're usually on Thursdays) I'm sure Sakurai would have said something like "don't miss NDirect tomorrow!" or something. Maybe there will just be one in early February instead, I know the December Direct was pretty big but this is the first month in a while with no ND of any kind.

I'm seriously hoping, Direct or not, that Sakurai is steadily teasing up towards the Palutena reveal now. We've seen Viridi and a Palutena statue in the daily screenshots, so the Kid Icarus goddesses are definitely getting some attention - and now we've got a Kid Icarus stage on the Wii U to boot, which would work nicely for showing off gameplay in a reveal trailer and the new character screenshots.

We saw the Mario Galaxy stage before Rosalina was announced, and now we're seeing a Kid Icarus Wii U stage (hopefully) before Palutena joins the fray. That's my logic behind it, anyway.

Maybe it's all just wishful thinking, but it would be such a kick in the teeth if Palutena wasn't playable and yet she was constantly there in the background of a stage, acting as a permanent reminder that she came so near yet so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not just that, but the focus on Kid Icarus stuff recently is making me wonder if it's leading up to some sort of Kid Icarus announcement, Smash Bros or not.

Tomorrow is the Nintendo Investor meeting, so I thought that was kind of a giveaway that we wouldn't be getting a ND then. Still, I don't think we'll be waiting all that long for the next one.

If she's in we can have a 4 way princess/goddesse battle.

You guys think we'll get different assist trophies on the 3ds version? I kinda hope not. Same with pokeballs.

Yeah I'm pretty certain both versions will have different Pokemon and Assist trophies as well, makes sense since both versions will differ with trophies as it is.

There's a Spirit Tracks battlefield in the 3Ds version, right? Am I the only one who thinks that the Phantom Zelda assist trophy might just be related to that rather than Zelda's move set?

You mean to say as a stage hazard/gimmick? But the screenshot in question is quite blatantly Battlefield.

screen-2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

You mean to say as a stage hazard/gimmick? But the screenshot in question is quite blatantly Battlefield.

screen-2.jpg

Oh. Didn't see that screenshot. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with her move set. It could just be an assist trophy.

Also, Fox's expression. PFFFFFT

I wish Sakurai would've clarified wheather the Phantom is an Assist Trophy or new move for Zelda in that particular screenshot.

And....I wish he'd stop taughting us with these kid icarus stuff, making my mouth water in anticipation.

You people keep arguing about whether that's one of Zelda's moves or an assist trophy, and I'll just admire the fact that they gave the Darknut swirly nipples.

• Thumbs Up 6

WE could still have a ND this week, could have just been delayed a day due tot he investors meeting thats going on

Why do people keep talking about a Nintendo Direct that doesn't exist? Are you all really that desperate for new information?

Also the reason why Zelda is doing the same pose in the picture with Link next to Peach is for the sake of humor and because clearly the Phantom special move allows her to do thing similar to a puppet character. It's still there, just off screen. The picture's humorous intent doesn't work if the Phantom is there.

Question for all the detractors that seem to think I'm crazy: If the Phantom is just an assist trophy, what exactly is prompting Zelda to reach out her arm in such a manner and make such a face as if she's commanding something? It's not related to any of her currently existing special moves, she's not getting hit and she's not taunting. Please explain.

P.S. I don't know where people got the idea that this Phantom move would replace Sheik either. I never said anything about Sheik being removed. Sheik's likely to be her own character just like Zero Suit Samus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do people keep talking about a Nintendo Direct that doesn't exist? Are you all really that desperate for new information?

There's been a Direct of some sort every month for over a year now, so if there isn't one this week it'd be weird is all.

OK, now he's just screwing with us.

1601044_724789114206127_65371244_n.jpg

This could be the Overworld from the original Kid Icarus.

From the looks of it, it looks like the colliseum from "that first town" from KI:U.

Also, I feel as though im gonna be the only one here who gets excited if magnus were to be announced instead.

Question for all the detractors that seem to think I'm crazy: If the Phantom is just an assist trophy, what exactly is prompting Zelda to reach out her arm in such a manner and make such a face as if she's commanding something? It's not related to any of her currently existing special moves, she's not getting hit and she's not taunting. Please explain.

It could easily be her jab or side special. Her jab in Brawl is a similar palm-thrust with some magic effects added in. And Din's Fire is a command-able attack. Her expression doesn't much matter because it could be used for any kind of battle shout, and we already know that Smash 4 is adding in more facial animations than Brawl had.

The animation for Din's Fire looks absolutely nothing like that and if it was her jab animation the magic effects would still be intact.

It could easily be her jab or side special.

Nope and nope

Jab

Princess-Zelda-image-princess-zelda-3642

Side B (for reference and comparison)

vLuQb.gif

Princess-Zelda-image-princess-zelda-3642

Jab is obvious, but for Side B what I'm trying to get at is that the motion is a swipe.  She reels her arms back and then swipes across her body.  In the screenshot with the Phantom she's clearly thrusting her hand forward.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the Phantom may be a replacement Side B. And honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they DID replace Sheik. Make Zelda her entirely own character and replace Sheik with Impa (as a new character instead of tacked onto Zelda). Giving Zelda the Phantom may be just a way of varying her specials so they're not entirely based on one game. At the very least they should keep Nayru's Love, though. That one fits Zelda better than any of the others.