Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Holy shit new character!

tumblr_mzw97jemRk1r1alb2o1_400.jpg

Hey, it's Alfonzo. He shows up whenever Toon Link is on the stage

Oh, that was a bit underwhelming. Oh well, at least it's still a update.

I don't think it's underwhelming actually, it's pretty major for one factor alone:

Namely, this proves that characters who appear in backgrounds aren't barred from being playable, they can be replaced when they are played as.

Not that this means much right now, but in the history of Smash people would discount characters appearing in the background, and that's not the case anymore. Currently the only other characters I think we've seen in backgrounds are Viridi and implied Ridley? I doubt Viridi will be playable but I guess it's still kinda possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing to get excited over either, I mean Toon Link is an exception in the sense that his playable version is the Link from WW/PH, whereas Toon Link in PH is a different character.  I feel this will very much be an exception that only occurs because of two separate characters looking very similar potentially being confusing.

I'd love to have stuff opened up like that though for the sake of interesting background events using playable Smashers so if I'm wrong, no complaints here.

I don't think it's underwhelming actually, it's pretty major for one factor alone:

Namely, this proves that characters who appear in backgrounds aren't barred from being playable, they can be replaced when they are played as.

Not that this means much right now, but in the history of Smash people would discount characters appearing in the background, and that's not the case anymore. Currently the only other characters I think we've seen in backgrounds are Viridi and implied Ridley? I doubt Viridi will be playable but I guess it's still kinda possible.

a)Wind Waker Link and Spirit Tracks Link are still two different characters that are just based off of the same template

B) this only works if there's a character that would actually be able to stand in for them. Alfonzo is a train conductor and Spirit Tracks Link's mentor. There would be no such possible stand in for Ridley or Viridi.

"... just to try and throw us off track."

What an clever yet possibly unintentional pun you made there...Well done, guy.

cool.png this only works if there's a character that would actually be able to stand in for them. Alfonzo is a train conductor and Spirit Tracks Link's mentor. There would be no such possible stand in for Ridley or Viridi.

Depending on what they do, they might not need a replacement. If they're just for decoration, with no gameplay effect, they could just be removed from the stage background.

That said I'm not getting my hopes up for any other characters switching like this. Whoever ends up being playable, I'll believe it when I see it.

You know, now that I think about it, a level based off a K. Rool boss battle would be pretty awesome, because they are somewhat diverse, and usualy have some fun obstacles

On a different note, does anyone think Kirby will get a new Final Smash?

Cook Kirby was cool and all, but I personally believe Kirby could have his new "Hyper Nova" ability from Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Nothing would change about Kirby except his inhale move would be increased drastically with a larger radius.

I think that could work, but who knows. Kirby Triple Deluxe hasn't even come out in any area besides Japan so it might be too recent. 

Honestly I'd be completely fine with Cook again if everyone on the level couldn't just fucking sidestep it.

Honestly I'd be completely fine with Cook again if everyone on the level couldn't just fucking sidestep it.

Well it has to be dodgeable somehow, hence the reason why it would be nice to get a different one since kirby has a huge pool of other moves he could use as an FS that would be more effective.

Hypernova sounds a little odd for a Final Smash, to be honest.

I'd much rather have one of the Super Abilities. They're essentially Final Smashes anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

...this looks to be too ridiculous to be true.

Either this is fake, or Sakurai is the biggest troll in the history of the universe.

...this looks to be too ridiculous to be true.

Either this is fake, or Sakurai is the biggest troll in the history of the universe.

That title goes to Ed Boon for now: it will be hard to surpass it, you know tongue.png

Her pose is identical to a position she makes in her Uair in Melee and her side taunt in Brawl. Nope.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is getting old now........

I hope they give her some new moves.like take out the singing and put it with a new move

I hope they give her some new moves.like take out the singing and put it with a new move

or make it like Kirby's singing attack from the games, now that owuld be awesome

because putting blur onto pictures makes you credible right guys

Not that I have particularly massive doubts about her return. I just wish Sing was more useful. Allowing it to affect enemies that aren't grounded would be a pretty good start.

like take out the singing and put it with a new move

They sure as fuck won't do THIS, though. Sing is literally Jigglypuff's signature move.

• Thumbs Up 3

or make it like Kirby's singing attack from the games, now that owuld be awesome

You sir are a genus. 

By the way, that Purin "leak" was from SmashBoard 

Speaking of SmashBoard leaks:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Kirby

Pit

Pikachu

Marth

Little Mac

Sonic

Luigi

Diddy & Dixie

Princess Zelda/Sheik

Ridley

Meta Knight

Palutena

Pokemon Master

Chrom

R.O.B.

Mega Man

Princess Peach

Yoshi

Toon Link

Fox

King Dedede

Hades

Pokemon Trainer

Ness

Mr. Game & Watch

Pac Man

Rosalina & Luma

Wario

Toon Zelda/Tetra

Wolf

Villager

Takamaru

Jigglypuff

Lucas

Wii Fit Trainer

Bowser

Waluigi

Ganondorf

Captain Falcon

Ice Climbers

Olimar & Pikmin

Mewtwo

Shulk

Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

So yeah.

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68422116

Lets take out Sonics Spin Dash while we are at it

and Marios Fire Ball

and King Dedede's Hammer

heck, take out Mega Man's Arm Cannon, why not.

(the Answer is no, like BL said its her Signature Move, so why remove the thing she is best known for?)

• Thumbs Up 4