Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Well, when I Spin Dash I don't think of being able to change directions on a dime and homing attacking I don't think of pausing one second before it's used. So I wouldn't mind a "boost" that basically functions like side+B spindash XD

While his smash moves are nice and all, he could use a major overhaul in special moves, he really has a lot to use. I would use : 

-Neutral B : Homing attack, but improvised, the other one was glitchy as heck.

-Side B: Sonic Wind! so he can have a projectile of sorts, it could look like in Sonic battle, where its more of a windy projectile.

-Up B : I don't know how they could ignore this one,  Blue Tornado/Sonic Tornado, from Sonic Heroes, he would propel himself foward creating a blue whirlwind wich would hurt enemies.

-Down B: Spin Dash.

Plus they should remove some spin attacks for smashes, like .... let the Up smash attack be a spin kick, and make the down smash a breakdance-type of move. I'd say leave the spinning to spin dash, and one or two for basic tilts / aerials.

I still think Sonic's down air should be based on the Bounce Attack, but before anyone gets on my case about how it wouldn't work, or should be a special move, or whatever, let me be perfectly clear. 

I'm not talking about a move where Sonic bounces repeatedly in one spot.  I'm talking about an attack where Sonic curls into a ball, shoots straight downward, and bounces off of whatever he hits.  Once.  The bounce effect doesn't even have to be very high.  Maybe it could even be a meteor smash.  Or not, whatever's more balanced.  Basically, it would work the same way as Toon Link's downward stab, except with no risk of getting stuck in the ground.

As far as Sonic's special moves go, I would say that the Homing Attack can go fuck itself, but I thought the Spring Jump was actually a pretty good idea.  I think it would be a good idea to make the Spin Dash a neutral special that can be tweaked by holding a direction.  Hold the button to prep and use the directions to alter what it does when you release.  I'm at a loss for the side and down specials, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

But what's to keep the player from repeatedly bouncing? Unless the bounce is barely a bounce at all, couldn't they just use it again?

Personally I like the idea of Sonic's Side B being "Air Dash" in the air (in SA2 for example, Sonic had both a Dash Attack in mid-air and Homing Attack; the Dash Attack simply dashed Sonic forward when no enemies were in range) and "Spin Dash" on the ground. Bounce Attack would be cool... but unless they really alter how it works I could foresee it being very spammable.

I think it would be cool for Sonic to have a few moves from Sonic Battle, though.

They could easily copy the animations of Sonic's Bounce Attack from Sonic Advance 2 and call it a day. Some startup, some cool-down, and vulnerable at the sides, while being fairly powerful.

We still don't know what that actually is, though. And my money would be on assist trophy before it being a new move or a Sheik replacement or whatever.

But what's to keep the player from repeatedly bouncing? Unless the bounce is barely a bounce at all, couldn't they just use it again?

Well, the way I'm picturing it, the bounce is not strong, a fraction of Sonic's jump height.  And I guess it would have a cooldown.  Like, the bounce is a special animation. You can maneuver, air dodge, and perform other air attacks during the animation, but you can't do another bounce attack until Sonic is back in his normal falling animation.

For the record, I am open to suggestions for making this idea better.

Why would an assist trophy be shown prominently on the website's character page for Zelda? Come on.
Because it's Zelda-related, and it makes for a good picture? It's not like it's the only picture on a character's page where the character isn't front-and-center in the shot.
  • Thumbs Up 6

I said this already a few pages back.

He can have the light speed attack. Charge it with neutral b and you'll see energy coming in and onces its charged, he'll say "ready" and then you can press b to lunch a super charged homing attack.

I mentioned again were talking about Sonic's moves.

Honestly the spindash works pretty well for sonic, because for side b I usually use this to throw them off with the little jump and works well with dodging small projectiles or ground moves.

Down b I usually use for setting up a combo hitting with and air attack and continuously doing it.

I think Sonic's moveset is pretty solid aside from a couple of moves. I think his air Forward A should be a spike like it is in Project M and his down smash a breakdance-like move. His Forward Smash and ^Smash are fine to me (could pack a bit more of a punch) and his air Back A as well as his neutral (especially when you get that sweet spot) and Up A are fine too.

Homing attack just needs a bit of a speed up with no pause at the beginning. His down special aka spindash is fine and I wouldn't mind seeing his >special be changed up as well. Changes we'll probably never see though

Why would an assist trophy be shown prominently on the website's character page for Zelda? Come on.

They showed a picture of the Mario Galaxy stage months before it was officially revealed. They also revealed plenty of features in Brawl long before we actually knew what they were. Revealing one assist trophy that's relevant to the character at hand and makes an interesting picture really isn't very far-fetched.

Every Assist Trophy so far has been explicitly revealed as being an Assist Trophy. I'm like 90% certain the Phantom is part of her moveset and if I'm wrong I'll play sandbag for anyone who wants me to on Smash Bros online when the game launches. You can just beat me, I won't move. Too bad that won't be happening because the Phantom is part of her moveset. I'm gonna kick all your butts using only Zelda's Phantom move.

• Thumbs Up 3

The main problem I have with Sonic is that he lack any killing moves.

Yeah, if all else fails I would really like it if they could give sonic more killing power since even if he can hit fast if you can't kill someone it wouldn't really matter in the end.

Look at Mario and Luigi's neutral air attack, those actually pack a punch.

I actually wouldn't object to giving Sonic a sex kick.

Although his back aerial is kind of one already so I can't see that happening. Funnily enough Sonic's back aerial is one of his best KO moves.

Perhaps Zelda and the Phantom are puppet characters, but they ahvent ironed out the bugs yet, so the lack of full reveal

Although his back aerial is kind of one already so I can't see that happening. Funnily enough Sonic's back aerial is one of his best KO moves.

It is, which is sad.

I can see him giving a new move. Same with the other veterans they can't just not change at all.

If his bounce move was gonna replace his D-air then it can easily work like in sonic lost world. Three bounces and then he would have to set it up again. It would be a nice meteor smash too. If sonic can meteor smash, it would be easier to edge guard.

His BAir is most certainly not a sex kick.  A sex kick by definition is an aerial that lingers over time, which Sonic's BAir most certainly does not.  If anything, his NAir already is a sex kick.

I thought a sex kick was a kick that started out stronger and got weaker depending on how many frames passed. In any case, both of the wellknown Smash Wikis state that Sonic's BAir is a sex kick for whatever reason.