Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Things like Nintendo DS, PilotWings, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing (other than males or female Villager), and Elektroplankton, I'm not sure what they could add.

Wait... Nintendo DS? Do you mean an actual DS? Because if so, that would be amazing.

I can't really see them adding something from Nintendogs, or the DS itself....I mean as open as I am for Nintendo to go out and add unique characters to the roster....Nintendogs...um...Can't see it. Same goes for DS, unless they represent them with a Mii or something.

Stages sure though. A DS stage is long overdue if you ask me.

Most of the females on that list are so minor that I don't even think they should be considered to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 3

Most of the females on that list are so minor that I don't even think they should be considered to begin with.

Remind me how WFT made it again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Remind me how WFT made it again?

But a Nintendog...? I mean, it's just so out there. I just see no benefit or reason to do so. If they did it, cool I guess, but I just couldn't see any justification for it.

Wii Fit Trainer represents a huge franchise so no, it's not the same thing.

It's still a franchise no one outside the developers saw being represented as a fighter in the first place until they announced it. So the principles still stand.

The notion that a character is "minor" or "significant" has been thrown out the window already. Someone complained that I complained about people talking about Tharja, an insignificant character in a major franchise that has far, far more significant characters available.

Nintendo has been known to pick off of old and insignificant franchises already. They include things all the time, such as Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, and Mother (one game released on the US that a lot of people have never even heard of; it has a cult following and two other games in Japan, but those were never localized).

Also, I never said they weren't minor. I was just saying that Nintendo has potential female characters to use if they choose to use them. Also, most of the females I listed are important to the franchise itself, and Nintendo obviously likes putting in minor franchises.

Yes, they have far more likely male characters they'd add, but that's hardly a reason to diss potential females. Especially when you have to consider that Wii Fit Trainer made it in out of all characters (although personally, I do NOT considered WFT minor; its a WTF character, but Wii Fit is a MAJOR game that sold tons... WFT is just a WTF character no one expected).

Oh, I also forgot about Lip, a character who really ISN'T all that minor.

But a Nintendog...? I mean, it's just so out there. I just see no benefit or reason to do so. If they did it, cool I guess, but I just couldn't see any justification for it.

WHERE are people getting the notion that I suggested a Nintendog? I NEVER said a Nintendog would appear. I said that I can't imagine any Nintendog characters getting in. Nintendogs is a represented universe along with Nintendo DS; they have their own icon and everything. I NEVER said they'd get playable characters, in fact, I said the exact opposite.

EDIT: Nintendo DS is represented as a franchise through the Pictochat level and I think one other level in Smash Bros. Brawl. Nintendogs is represented by the Assist Trophy in Brawl and the Nintendogs stage in this game. Several franchises got no characters in Brawl, and I suspect the same thing will happen here.

Nintendo has been known to pick off of old and insignificant franchises already. They include things all the time, such as Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, and Mother (one game released on the US that a lot of people have never even heard of; it has a cult following and two other games in Japan, but those were never localized).

Don't forget Fire Emblem. The whole reason that series was imported to the west in the first place was because of their inclusion and popularity in Melee.

A minor franchise getting representation can't be compared to the likes of Daisy and Birdo, minor characters in a major franchise who already have characters who are actually popular and better fit to represnt it doing it just fine.

• Thumbs Up 3

I didn't mention Fire Emblem in that list because it WASN'T insignificant in Japan. That's the whole reason it got in. Mother I do consider to be insignificant at the time it was released; it only had two games in Japan and Earthbound had a cult following. Fire Emblem had five games already and was extremely popular. Unless I'm mistaken here.

A minor franchise getting representation can't be compared to the likes of Daisy and Birdo, minor characters in a major franchise who already have characters who are actually popular and better fit to represnt it doing it just fine.

That's the whole point I was arguing, but at the same time, I was just listing Daisy and Birdo to illustrate the point that there ARE other female characters that could've been chosen. I wasn't saying they WOULD get chosen. I was arguing the notion that Nintendo had no other females to choose from, and even in Mario there were other potentials despite the fact I couldn't have possibly seen them join.

Admittedly, I copped out later on with a couple of franchises later on. I was initially just going to skip Mario but I decided to include it anyway.

WHERE are people getting the notion that I suggested a Nintendog? I NEVER said a Nintendog would appear. I said that I can't imagine any Nintendog characters getting in. Nintendogs is a represented universe along with Nintendo DS; they have their own icon and everything. I NEVER said they'd get playable characters, in fact, I said the exact opposite.

EDIT: Nintendo DS is represented as a franchise through the Pictochat level and I think one other level in Smash Bros. Brawl. Nintendogs is represented by the Assist Trophy in Brawl and the Nintendogs stage in this game. Several franchises got no characters in Brawl, and I suspect the same thing will happen here.

I'm not claiming you said that, you did say though, I'm not sure what they could add, giving me the impression that it was still a possibility, to which I responded with my view on it.

I wasn't trying to say you said they would and should.tongue.png

But Yeah, I see it like you, not likely. Stages and AT, sure.

I literally can't think of any Smash Bros characters past or present that the majority wouldn't have been aware of prior to their announcement.  Fire Emblem is an exception because that's just a regional thing.  I guess Ice Climbers is the only one that I had no notion of before Melee.

I mean the girl from Another Code?  That had two games and neither were popular.  I was amazed she got a trophy in Brawl.

Geez you people sure won't let the whole Tharja thing go. It was a single suggestion, I never even said she was likely, people can suggest what they like ~_~ doesn't mean they'll happen even if in the eyes of various people they are good ideas.

And I was joking about Nintendo not having female characters who aren't princesses, but a lot of the major ones are rulers in one way or another, that's all. And that doesn't mean they're all the same either, that was my whole point, I disagree with the notion that 4 of the playable females being rulers is a bad thing or a thing that stagnates variety.

I literally can't think of any Smash Bros characters past or present that the majority wouldn't have been aware of prior to their announcement.  Fire Emblem is an exception because that's just a regional thing.  I guess Ice Climbers is the only one that I had no notion of before Melee.

I mean the girl from Another Code?  That had two games and neither were popular.  I was amazed she got a trophy in Brawl.

I know nothing about Another Code, I just thought it looked interesting.

All of the ones I mentioned above I had no knowledge of prior to their announcements (Ness, Roy, Marth, Ice Climbers, Pit), nor did I know anything about Captain Falcon, either. Several of the Assist Trophies in Brawl, too. In fact, the Assist Trophies I find far more likely to appear than anything else as they were made Assist Trophies precisely because they were considered for playable positions.

Ness and the FE characters actually got me interested in their respective franchises, in fact, although I later lost interest in Earthbound.

Geez you people sure won't let the whole Tharja thing go. It was a single suggestion, I never even said she was likely, people can suggest what they like ~_~ doesn't mean they'll happen even if in the eyes of various people they are good ideas.

And I was joking about Nintendo not having female characters who aren't princesses, but a lot of the major ones are rulers in one way or another, that's all. And that doesn't mean they're all the same either, that was my whole point, I disagree with the notion that 4 of the playable females being rulers is a bad thing or a thing that stagnates variety.

I'm the one who keeps bringing up Tharja. I apologize for that. When I first heard people talking about Tharja, I thought she must be some significant character to the game. Even my brother-in-law was talking about her. Tharja just irritates me, though, because based on what I've read she's not even that interesting of a character.

I don't see anything wrong with four of the playable females being rulers, either. As long as they play in a unique way that's all I care about. The more females, the better!

@Riku,

and who the heck IS he?

Dude you're at least 100 years late with that leak

Posted it 3 pages back yesterday even

C'mon Auto you're supposed to be ahead of the curve not behind it

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Autosaver posted that as a joke. In fact, I think all six of them were posted as a joke response to the "Palutena" leak, the only one that actually could possibly be legit.

Holy shit new character!

tumblr_mzw97jemRk1r1alb2o1_400.jpg

Hey, it's Alfonzo. He shows up whenever Toon Link is on the stage.

Well... problem solved. That was enlightening. Of course the original pics of Toon Link piloting the train was obviously just to try and throw us off track.

This just makes me wonder if Toon Link could, in fact, have his engineer suit from Spirit Tracks as an alternative costume, now that it's confirmed there'll be no confusion with the driver.